Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not going to torture myself by reading through the posts over the last 70 pages, as I can imagine what a lot of them were like. So apologies to those of you who made sensible, rational posts. We should have won with our possession, but if we can't finish, then we didn't deserve the victory. I'm trying to look on the bright side, and am glad that I don't have to endure any more trips to Wembley than I have to!
All I can add is that I'm sorry the manicure didn't work this time.

Apology accepted:sonpoint:

I'm not going to torture myself by reading through the posts over the last 70 pages, as I can imagine what a lot of them were like. So apologies to those of you who made sensible, rational posts. We should have won with our possession, but if we can't finish, then we didn't deserve the victory. I'm trying to look on the bright side, and am glad that I don't have to endure any more trips to Wembley than I have to!

Should have chanced the white.

So do you think the board's ethos of top 4 and profit over trophies and titles is also a disgrace? Or is it just Poch that's a disgrace for carrying out their priorities
I think that the policy is one which is waiting on the revenue of the stadium to go up a level.
In the meantime the board wants regular CL football.
I’m ok with that and I’m ok with Poch adhering to it.

However, the board have not forbidden the manager to win a domestic trophy, and our squad has been good enough to win one and stay top 4.
Those failings over the last seasons have been on Pochettinos team selections and tactics in most of those key League Cup and FA Cup games.
We lost, and I won’t hang the manager for it.

What I find a disgrace though is him then saying that trophies are no more than ego boosters when we go out, rather than apologising to the fans that travelled down and outsung Palace for 90 minutes in their ground while losing the match.

Do you see that?
Poch dropped Lloris and we are out of two cups.
Levy would not punish Poch if he picked our best keeper.

I got shot down for saying that I’d love Siggy back. And everyone loved the Dolphin. We have better players in the first 11 when everyone is fit, but they are better than our reserve options.

I agree about Nacer, but Siggy was frustratingly medicore throughout his tenure.. Regardless of subsequently inflated price-tags; I think the 'swap' for Ben & Voorm has proved good business.

Don’t waste your time settle down with your Horlicks and watch call the midwife and les miserables far more entertaining :thumbup:

That’s because they stood still, stopped investing much and went through a managerial change. If they had some ambition after those FA cups they would have built on the winning mentality. Look at Liverpool, even though they lost the CL finalblast year you can instantly tell it inflated their confidence so now they play like they really believe they are Elite... but they still need to win the league this year ofcourse

Save that shit til they do then.

Yay Liverpool... No Trophies since 2006.

according to Pochettino, he was told that top 4 by the time we move into the new stadium that we arent building.

How he goes about that is up to him. It's his choice to ignore the domestic cups.

I doubt highly, as would anybody that is in the slightest bit sane, that he has been told "btw..win the FA cup 5 years on the trot but dont get top 4 by the time we move into the new stadium that we arent building and you're out."

do you really think thats the case?
So you've answered my question on Sammy's behalf.....only you haven't really answered it.
He said Poch's comments endorsing top 4 as being the clubs priority was a disgrace . Yes, he used that word.

So, do you agree? If not, fair enough. If so, is it also a disgrace for the board to prioritise top 4 and profit over silverware.

There is only one thing that binds us lot together and that's the club, our opinions vary from the absurd to the delusional but that's the beauty of being a footy fan.

Lets get some facts straight...

The aim of finishing the top 4 had nothing to do with the result today.
The aim of finishing in the top 4 should be valued the same as winning a cup. The club is for the fans, and we want to win something, regardless of the board or the manager, our wishes should be taken into account.

Some are saying we need to be patient, we have been for god knows how long, false dawn after false dawn, yes I will wait, I will follow in the dream that Poch has a master plan, my concern is either he, the players, the owner gets bored and moves on and then it starts again.... at that point we can look back, we could say, if only we finished 5 or 6 for those years and won a couple of cups.

I have my fingers crossed that we are at a point in our clubs future similar to Man U, when Fergie nearly got sacked and yet they went on to dominate, I can dream at least.

Any club rated the 10 richest in world footy really should be achieving much more.

I agree about Nacer, but Siggy was frustratingly medicore throughout his tenure.. Regardless of subsequently inflated price-tags; I think the 'swap' for Ben & Voorm has proved good business.
I think siggurdsson is one f the players that has to feel he is the big fish to be at his best

Well unless you wanna front for a plane and a banner, then yeh.... Suck it the fuck up.

Harsh, yes, but true....

Aaaah, John Thomas John Thomas

Glad you responded... Of all people, what are YOU going to do about this latest "disgrace"?

a) Accept it.
b) Moan incessantly on the internet
c) Take some (any?) kind of tangible action

????

So you've answered my question on Sammy's behalf.....only you haven't really answered it.
He said Poch's comments endorsing top 4 as being the clubs priority was a disgrace . Yes, he used that word.

So, do you agree? If not, fair enough. If so, is it also a disgrace for the board to prioritise top 4 and profit over silverware.
tell me where you have seen anything official saying the board have prioritised profit over trophies?

Do we get a trophy for top 4 then? Have I missed something
no. but they aint told him to not win them at the expense of top 4 either.

Edit (in case he'sresponded whilst im typing the edit)
the point is, the nature of modern football, consolidating a regular place in the top 4 is the best way to build sustainable success on the pitch. i dont like it, but thats modern football.

Wigan won the FA cup and got relegated. in the same year. and i would bet a lot of their supporters (with no evidence to back it up, obviously) would respond, if asked.."well, it were a nice day out, but..."

There is only one thing that binds us lot together and that's the club, our opinions vary from the absurd to the delusional but that's the beauty of being a footy fan.

Lets get some facts straight...

The aim of finishing the top 4 had nothing to do with the result today.
The aim of finishing in the top 4 should be valued the same as winning a cup. The club is for the fans, and we want to win something, regardless of the board or the manager, our wishes should be taken into account.

Some are saying we need to be patient, we have been for god knows how long, false dawn after false dawn, yes I will wait, I will follow in the dream that Poch has a master plan, my concern is either he, the players, the owner gets bored and moves on and then it starts again.... at that point we can look back, we could say, if only we finished 5 or 6 for those years and won a couple of cups.

I have my fingers crossed that we are at a point in our clubs future similar to Man U, when Fergie nearly got sacked and yet they went on to dominate, I can dream at least.

Any club rated the 10 richest in world footy really should be achieving much more.
Great post zapiy zapiy
You really should contribute more often

Back
Top Bottom