Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it, I've cut it all down...Talksport was first to go, then SSN, then all match build-up, half-time, post match after the interviews and now podcasts, I haven't even listened to The Fighting Cock pod since Christmas...This is the last bastion of dodgy football opinion I have left...
But if we do this ArtyB, there is nothing left, they’ve won
:memeokay:

That's life though.

It's about getting one up on us. Amazing how Chelsea's slew of foreign managers seem to know how important their games with us are.

They won and we didn't.

We have to find a way somehow and quite frankly I would be jimping through hoops if we played their reserves.

I just think we got to learn to be winners and I mean that as a club as opposec to just tonight.
Oh come on, we had two hands tied behind our back for this one and even then they only just edged it out. If this exact result had happened with Son and Dele on the pitch I'd think differently.

I wish I didn’t have to make the post truth be told but it’s honestly how I feel.

I don’t look forward to football at the moment, i watch out of love for spurs and dedication to my club because I have spent my entire life supporting us but the media make me want to just fuck football off completely.

The narrative about us will NEVER change unless we suddenly become the next Man City and Sky and all the other media cunts can get a piece of that money, that’s all the care about.

Until we bend to their will and spunk £200M per window they won’t be happy, they hate us because we don’t do things the way they believe it should be done in the modern age.

Honestly it makes me sick, the bias against us makes me sick, we can’t do a single thing right and every time we lose a single game it’s immediately “Bottlers” or “they need to sign players” or “the manager and players will leave for silverware”

It honestly fucks me off and there are dumb asses out there who lap it up and believe it.

Spot on and exactly how I have felt for the last few seasons. As others have written I don't do Twitter, don't listen or watch any of the build up or post match analysis, never watch sky sports news or any other so called expert opinion. But like you my life time love of Spurs stops me giving up on it altogether.

I don't care what other teams fans think of Spurs, never have and never will, that's why I like it on here, I know we don't all agree on all things Spurs but it's always good to hear other Spurs fans take on things.

I have honestly done the same thing for the past year, don’t listen to post or pre match build up, I hardly ever consume football media anymore but unless I want to sit and watch a match in pure silence I still have to hear their bollocks.

I am honestly going to start avoiding football websites completely and watching matches with the sound completely off and just have some music on, the fact is though, it shouldn’t have to come to that should it?

These absolute cunts are making me hate football, it’s not just our games I can’t stand watching either, the commentators are terrible no matter what game, they are not impartial at all.
Totaly football /guardian football weekly and most of the time the times are ok Podcasts

A lot of people here saying, ‘calm down’, ‘I’m proud of the lads’ etc etc.

It’s not good enough. I don’t really enter debates about Levy/Enic being tight, Poch wanting out or afraid to buy players or the lack of signings but perhaps the reason we are always the bridesmaids in the second half of the season is that our players have put so much effort in (particularly Oct/Nov/Dec) that come end of Jan/Feb/Mar they are either exhausted or injured.

Not sure where we are on that financial list but the way we carry on we are like Bournemouth, plucky little Spurs punching above their weight.

Don’t like the cunt offs in here but we’ve (as a fanbase) been treated fairly shabbily by the club over the stadium/season tickets etc, it’s ok and not ‘disloyal’ to question certain things about the club - choking, personnel and lack of transfers.

The fact that it invariably is Chelsea sticking the boot in hurts even more...
Good post..very well put mate.

Somewhat disappointed, but didn't expect much more. We're playing at 50% quality with just 3 players missing, not exactly the quality depth a team in our position should have. In the end, I would have preferred a 2-0 loss, getting thrown out after being so close is far more frustrating. But eh.. at least the chavs are now gonna get the spanking we would've gotten against city. They're playing 2 levels below them, even though we made them look good today.

Don't understand that. Why would you want to lose 2-0 instead of a through the lottery that is a pen shootout. You're right about our squad yet we took theirs all the way to then have to decide it like that.

What do we give a shit about the mass media narrative?

The narrative in our own heads changes when we win something.
I give a shit not because I care what they think but because I want to be able to watch a game without some cunt like Alan Smith or Jamie wetflap talking about us like we are the biggest bottlers walking the planet and constantly being negative, it ruins the game for me when I have to hear them waffling on about a bunch of bollocks.

I shouldn’t have to sit there and mute the sound to enjoy football, I want to hear the crowd and atmosphere.

WAKE UP CALL. We need to add. Uninjured and unbooked we have a squad that can rival and beat all competition. This was bound to happen. It's going to be a difficult month or two ahead (11 games or so) if nothing is done about this. Bring in Parrott and Sterling if need be. Just DO something.

Beating Woolwich Chelsea and City to win the league cup was never going to be easy especially with 3 top goalscorers gone for last 2 games

It’s a real shame but City will win anyway

When one finalist wins their semi-final 10-0 on aggregate what does that tell you about the competiveness of the overall competition?

It's a worthless injury prone, disrespected competition that is a total waste of time.

This result has cost us a lot more long term than a loss.

I'd gladly see a second eleven fielded next season and fuck the consequences.

But we were completely outplayed in the home game too, with our best players. Poor tactics and performances in both games IMO. Really don't understand why we weren't more aggressive, stuck someone on Jorginho and pressed them harder like we did in the league game, at least in the home game. We were just so timid in both games.
I think your the first person to say this.

Obviously I wasnt the only one who thought we should have gone for it in the final 10 minutes. Should have made an attacking change instead of bringing sanchez especially as he wasn't going to take a pen.

We looked flat on our feet, so I thought gambling for the win in 90 would be worthwhile. Chelsea were pissing about at the back. Just needed some good quality passing to have a couple of shots at goal.

Just think we could have been more adventurous near the end there instead of playing for pens.

I wish I didn’t have to make the post truth be told but it’s honestly how I feel.

I don’t look forward to football at the moment, i watch out of love for spurs and dedication to my club because I have spent my entire life supporting us but the media make me want to just fuck football off completely.

The narrative about us will NEVER change unless we suddenly become the next Man City and Sky and all the other media cunts can get a piece of that money, that’s all the care about.

Until we bend to their will and spunk £200M per window they won’t be happy, they hate us because we don’t do things the way they believe it should be done in the modern age.

Honestly it makes me sick, the bias against us makes me sick, we can’t do a single thing right and every time we lose a single game it’s immediately “Bottlers” or “they need to sign players” or “the manager and players will leave for silverware”

It honestly fucks me off and there are dumb asses out there who lap it up and believe it.
You speak the unspoken truth....

WE need to fucking OBLITERATE the opposition consistently, until they realise we are serious... but until we win a Semi Final, or a League title... we'll continue to be the Tottenham Bottlers.... I HATE how easy the media have now made it for themselves...

Unless we wins SOMETHING, we're technically losers... that's easy to maintain innit? CUNTS!

But we were completely outplayed in the home game too, with our best players. Poor tactics and performances in both games IMO. Really don't understand why we weren't more aggressive, stuck someone on Jorginho and pressed them harder like we did in the league game, at least in the home game. We were just so timid in both games.

I agree that we were too timid for whatever reason in the first game, maybe it was fatigue after a run of games that saw us play once every 3-4 days for roughly 2 months, since November 24th I believe, maybe it's for different reasons but there's no great shame in losing to a team that's favourite going into it, who have the home advantage for the 2nd leg which we all know makes a difference, with our key players out for the crunch moment.

If we were to get to a final vs Everton, Leicester etc and lost I'd say it's a bit of a bottle job, but never against a team who goes into the game as favourite, it simp,y isn't fair on the boys

My mates find it strange when I say I’m not watching the football, when it’s a big game. I have no interest any more unless it’s Spurs. I am only in my mid 20s and don’t care for football much, I just absolutely love Spurs so I buy my season ticket and support them like my family.

The media have brainwashed the public into believing false narratives, I don’t even like discussing football over a pint anymore because of the amount of rubbish being spouted by fellas believing media narratives.

Newspapers and sky tv are slowly ruining the beautiful game, there are still some good reporters and pundits out there but they’re are few and far between.

I really understand your point.

I completely agree with you, I avoid football talk as well because people just repeat the crap the media dish out and it’s apparent to me that people just read a headline and then allow their confirmation bias to decide what is fact and what isn’t.

That’s the media in general today, not just in football but it’s particularly bad around the game and Sky are the driving force behind that.

They are ruining the game, they have been for well over a decade now.

Spot on and exactly how I have felt for the last few seasons. As others have written I don't do Twitter, don't listen or watch any of the build up or post match analysis, never watch sky sports news or any other so called expert opinion. But like you my life time love of Spurs stops me giving up on it altogether.

I don't care what other teams fans think of Spurs, never have and never will, that's why I like it on here, I know we don't all agree on all things Spurs but it's always good to hear other Spurs fans take on things.
Wow you both described how I have felt for a decent amount of time now..but you both said it so much better than I would have...brilliant

Oh come on, we had two hands tied behind our back for this one and even then they only just edged it out. If this exact result had happened with Son and Dele on the pitch I'd think differently.

And should they then sulk?

The record books will record a Chelsea victory over the 2 legs.

My relief is that wd showef we are as good as them if not a tad better.

What wd did not show is that we can beat them when it matters at the final moment and I honestly suspect that would have been the case with all our better players.

It is us but we are inching closer.

You speak the unspoken truth....

WE need to fucking OBLITERATE the opposition consistently, until they realise we are serious... but until we win a Semi Final, or a League title... we'll continue to be the Tottenham Bottlers.... I HATE how easy the media have now made it for themselves...

Unless we wins SOMETHING, we're technically losers... that's easy to maintain innit? CUNTS!

So are the rest of the league apart from those that have silly money to spend losers then? I don't mind people calling us it as long as they point the same finger to the likes of Everton, Liverpool under Klopp until he gets to the finishing line etc

We've stood still for three years. When Leicester won the league, we were hands down the best team in the league but lacked a bit of 'savvy'. We scored more than anyone else, and conceded fewer. Every season since then we have watched others catch us up, and now overtake us. Liverpool are now playing the way we did back then. It feels like we reached a high water mark, and since then we have watched our hopes ebb slowly away as others have simply outspent us. I agree with Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam - I am now at the stage where I endure, rather than enjoy matchdays.

Back
Top Bottom