Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=352, Gazza, Toby, Foyth, Verts, KWP, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Lucas][/formation]

This ?

That's what I'd probably go with. Aurier or KWP at right wing back I'd be happy with.

Swap Dier and Winks around too - but that gives us ball players in the centre of the park, pace on the wings and a pace and creativity up top

yeh Dier for Winks most logical. fluid interchange between them two. Foyth could carry out the ball from the back which does away with Dier and Winksy having to go as far back.. means they'll be in the thick of it middle of the park. They need to be on the heels of the chav midfielders. Constantly letting them know theyre in a war! Dier to put somebody through early!

Knowing Spurs it'll be 2-1 to Chelsea and they will have a man sent off with 15 mins to play.
Ordinarily we'd go through on away goals or beat them in extra time with the man advantage.
Instead it'll go to pens and we'll lose.

Then again, we're Tottenham Hotspur so we'll smash them in 90 minutes anyway! COYS!

Why would you not opt for Sanchez as opposed to Foyth? He was a monster against Fulham... far more reliable imo.

[formation=352, Gazza, Toby, Foyth, Verts, KWP, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Lucas][/formation]

This ?

Personally I'd probably start for the following XI:

[formation="352, Gazza, Toby, Sanchez, Verts, KWP, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Davies, Lamela, Lucas"][/formation]
Eriksen further forward in a CAM role!

:eriksenlol:

Why would you not opt for Sanchez as opposed to Foyth? He was a monster against Fulham... far more reliable imo.

Personally I'd probably start for the following XI:

[formation="352, Gazza, Toby, Sanchez, Verts, KWP, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Davies, Lamela, Lucas"][/formation]
Eriksen further forward in a CAM role!

:eriksenlol:

Yeh I agree, post before I said how decent Sanchez was.. but my thinking was the rotation for this and then considering Sunday v Palace. I feel confident with Foyth. I really rate him.. great work rate and he can carry the ball out the back just as good as Verts and Toby.

I like Gazzaniga and think he is a very good #2 but why are people wanting him to play this game? We have to get through this tie and we don't have many fit regular starters, we have got Palace on the weekend Gazza will start that anyway so why rest Hugo?

I like Gazzaniga and think he is a very good #2 but why are people wanting him to play this game? We have to get through this tie and we don't have many fit regular starters, we have got Palace on the weekend Gazza will start that anyway so why rest Hugo?

Not rested.

Pochettino plays Gazzaniga.

Just thought if Paul Gascoigne had been black...!!!

Could have been awkward.

I think Gazzaniga has been fantastic whenever called upon this season (sod's law he'll have a howler tonight - sorry in advance!!!)

-----------------Gazza------------------
-----Toby---Sanchez---Verts------
KWP-----------Dier-------------Rose
-----------Winks---Eriksen-----------
--------Moura-------Lamela---------

I reckon Poch said at the start of the season that Gaza could have the league cup games. If so, you can't then take them off him because of how far we got, especially as he was one of those that got us this far!

Back
Top Bottom