Fulham v. Spurs - Sunday, January 20th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a day.. Absolutely love going to Fulham, they were a bit snide today but I hope they stay up as one of the best games of the season.

We were not very good really but to win like that is always top drawer. We are down to the bare bones but keep coming up with the goods. Not heard too much about Dele, was it bad?
Good to see Dier back and need him on thursday as well as Moura if fit.

Oh and read the first half in this thread and some of you really need to have a word with yourselves..It;s as if some of you don't realise there are 90 minutes in a game of football.

Stinking headache and now about to spill a dried out sunday roast down me to round off a grand day.

Up the Spurs.

No-one should hate any of our players, whilst they are wearing our shirt, anyway. Seems like they derive greater pleasure from being 'right' than what's the best for the team!
1000% This was a tough match for our players. So many leaders down. Essentially a worse XI than our FA Cup team last season. But they kept going. We got a last minute winner. These are times to celebrate together, believe, learn and grow.

It can be a complicated game to understand, particularly when the other team were wearing what looked like our uniforms and we were wearing what looked like Star Trek pyjama's.

Winks wasn't there to attack their box, and kept to his station until Dier came on and freed him up.
He then went forward and did what SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs told him to do, and score the winner
I wasn’t referring to attaching their box, I think that his secondary job. Captain hindsight bias is strong in football. If that last cross would have been cleared instead of reaching his head things would have looked less bright now.

I think we didn’t dominate the midfield and hardly moved the ball around enough. Winks’ best attribute is his passing going forward. There was very little of that, which was natural as he played as a sole a CM, but I think that overall that wasn’t a good show by our midfield, and going forward we should maybe consider playing with 2 CMs instead of just Winks in a way that makes our midfield soft.

You’re of course entitled to your opinion. That’s what I saw in the match, you saw differently hooray. None of us is the manager so it really doesn’t matter.

Funny as fuck giving us stick about winning stuff from a fan of a club who literally have won nothing.

Ahem.

fulham-chairman-mohamed-al-fayed-fulham-captain-rufus-brevett-and-picture-id1356414

Having mingled with some proper Fuggers fans before and after, they’re alright. It’s a pretty friendly place for us and there is a shared detest of the Chavs. A few of them will try and pretend to get angry, but really they are the club that everyone has a patronising like for, because an away day by the river is always pretty pleasing.

Back
Top Bottom