Fulham v. Spurs - Sunday, January 20th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Injuries and fatigue, could be a MASH unit.

Lloris
Aurier-Foyth-Verts-Davies
Winks-Skipp
Dele-Eriksen-Lamela
Lucas

1-2 (Lamela, Dele)

-------------------------Lloris-------------------
----------Toby-----Sanchez---Verts-----
Aurier-------------------------------------rose
----------------Winks---Eriksen------------
---------Lucas----------------------Alli-------
-----------------------Lamela------------------

Lamela has played the false 9 position well when he's been given the chance.

hoping we get a couple back like Lucas and Dier. Kane might be okay too, if not Llorente should start. lets hope we can make the most of the full week.

Rest as many as possible ... the Chelsea game is more important ... play the B team they will still be plenty good enough to beat Fulham and it will give some players much needed game time, and some players a well deserved rest ...

[formation=343, Lloris, Sanchez, Foyth, Jan, Aurier, Dier, Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Llorente, Lucas][/formation]
Subs: Gazza, KWP, Toby, Skipp, Winks, Dele, Sterling.

Good game to have to bounce back after a loss. Reeeeally down to bare bones though...

-------------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------
-----Trippier-----------Sanchez-------Foyth-------------Davies--------
--------------------------Winks------------Alli------------------------------
---------------?Moura?----------Eriksen------------Lamela-------------
------------------------------------Llorente----------------------------------

I would like to see Rose get a run of games, just honestly he is our best FB currently at the club imo.

Him and Aurier would be a nice combo to see for a while.

I would go with the following,

---------------------Gazza-----------------
--------Toby-----Sanchez---Verts------
Aurier------------------------------Rose
---------------Eriksen---Winks------------
---------Lucas----------------Dele---------
--------------------Llorente------------------

Subs: KWP, Lloris, Dier, Lamela, Skipp, Davies, Foyth.

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Aurier - Eriksen - Winks - Dele - Rose
Lamela - Llorente

Seems to make the most sense.

I think that's what Poch will pick - its not exactly how I'd go. I'd personally like to see us start with KWP at right wing back, Skipp and Winks in central midfield and a free flowing front three of Eriksen/Dele/Lamela. But we know that's not going to happen.

lloris
toby - sanchez - jan
kwp - skipp - winks - rose
lamela - dele - eriksen
We're going to be having all the possession in this one and with the three at the back, I feel Skipp and Winks would have more than enough cover (especially with Dele or Eriksen dropping back when we don't have the ball).

Would be great to hear some news on Dier and Lucas across the week. We could do with Dier back just to add some numbers in midfield and then be able to either play a different formation (4231 with a predominantly defensive midfielder) or push one of Eriksen/Dele further forward in a 433/352. We seem to lack a bit of pace without Son so Lucas being healthy again would be a nice welcome, especially as an option from the bench in this game.

We won't have many easier fixtures to bounce back than Fulham. They cannot defend to save their lives but they are looking somewhat a bit more organised under Ranieri and were extremely unlucky to lose to Burnley. Time to put the United fixture behind us.

Fulham (A), Watford (H), Newcastle (H), Leicester (H), Burnley (A) in our next 5 games. We really should be looking to get maximum points from this lot. We do have some HUGE games coming up throughout those games though in the League Cup semi final, FA Cup 4th Round and potential 5th Round tie and then Dortmund in the Champions League.

I think we'll win 0-3. Dele with two and Llorente with a tap-in.

COYS

Gazza

Aurier
Sanchez
Foyth
Rose

Skipp
Winks

Lamela
Eriksen
Dele

Llorente

More than enough to beat Fulham and with the pace in defence not to be exposed by the likes of Sessegnon

- Lloris -
- KWP - Toby - Jan- Rose -
- Winks - Dier -
- Lamela - Dele - Eriksen -
- Lucas -
Assuming Kane and Moussa are out. Playing Lucas, Lamela and Dele up top will be like Chelsea away last season, Fulham defence won't know who is playing up top, making it hard to mark anyone.

Dier comes back at a good time.

It's more like playing a less experienced and talented Parker/Modric actually.

Completely different players.

Nope. Both ball carriers/recyclers. Similar stature and build. Both inexperienced.

Of course you can persuade yourself that they could play in the same team, and because of injuries we may be forced to, but all things being equal you wouldn't - just like the other pairs I've cited above.

Your comparison of Modric and Parker is ludicrous as they could certainly play in the same team. They were/are completely different players

Nope. Both ball carriers/recyclers. Similar stature and build. Both inexperienced.

Of course you can persuade yourself that they could play in the same team, and because of injuries we may be forced to, but all things being equal you wouldn't - just like the other pairs I've cited above.

Your comparison of Modric and Parker is ludicrous as they could certainly play in the same team. They were/are completely different players

Mate, they're completely different. No idea how many times you've seen Skipp play but he's completely different to Winks in every way besides the fact he's white and came through the youth.

Not persuading myself nothing. I've seen both play numerous times in youth football for us and 50+ first team games between them and not a single time within that time have I ever thought they were similar in a single way.

Not really sure how the comparison is ludicrous. One aims to keep possession and control a game whilst the other aims to break up play and is more defence minded.

Back
Top Bottom