January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In that case, what are your thoughts?

Direct substitute for Kane or speedy boi like Martial that can play alongside or instead of him? (I prefer the latter)

Thoughts on Callum Wilson (as there is at least some noise around him)? Surely anything over £40m would be insane...
Not in the mood mate, enjoy circle jerking each other over how shit Trippier is

But what if some are better cunts than others.... does that count??

Oh definitely

It’s Cuntal Hierarchy this place......
Football used to be for the everyday bloke....
No good striker = buy a striker?

Not now....it’s the thinking mans game...Chess on grass.

“No no Terence....god forbid. The team plays an inverted 21234532647473222 dont’cha know. Look at the bloody heat map on that bugger”

Cunt mate

Last edited:
So we need a striker in my opinion more than we need a central midfielder but mostly we just need to win on Sunday.

That will give us confidence which would have been knocked.

In my view there is NOTHING further from the truth. Literally, I have read outrageous things in this thread and forum, but this (for me) is up there with them.

When Kane is back we have THE BEST STRIKER in the league in our ranks. Son + Moura + Llorente as alternatives are "acceptable" (not equal to him, but acceptable).

In midfield after Dembele's departure we have exactly 0 world class CMs. If Dier is back he can do the job, but he is not on par with best players in the world (nor in league) in his position.

I would even go as far to say that Son as CF is about as close to world class as Dier (our most distinguished CM) is in his position.

And yet somehow striker should be a priority over CM player? I just cannot see it. At all.

In my view there is NOTHING further from the truth. Literally, I have read outrageous things in this thread and forum, but this (for me) is up there with them.

When Kane is back we have THE BEST STRIKER in the league in our ranks. Son + Moura + Llorente as alternatives are "acceptable" (not equal to him, but acceptable).

In midfield after Dembele's departure we have exactly 0 world class CMs. If Dier is back he can do the job, but he is not on par with best players in the world (nor in league) in his position.

I would even go as far to say that Son as CF is about as close to world class as Dier (our most distinguished CM) is in his position.

And yet somehow striker should be a priority over CM player? I just cannot see it. At all.

Dear me it becomes pointless.

Okay lets see who we pretend to bid for by January 31st.

People have got to get past this Kane obsession. Until we get a proper 2nd striker we ain't winning sh!t. Remember whilst many of you clamber for a central defender we had Dembele and Wanyama at their best for a while. We won what?

Sissoko been our best player this season. We have lost 6 games out of 22. The most in the top 6 despite being 3rd.

We need to not quake in our boots if Kane gets injured. We need another STRIKER who can step in. Who might already be playing and leave Son where he plays best, when available of course.

If we want to be the best we equip ourselves.

Pochettino need look at nearly every single successful side to see you must have more than one out and out striker on your books.

It beggars belief that so many can neither see it or accept it.

Last edited:
Why Tottenham do not need to panic buy a striker to replace Harry Kane

Matt Law is saying Poch has £50M to spend and that Divock Origi might be an option who only has 18 months left on his contract. I’d take Origi tbh, very talented player who can play as a striker or winger and has scored 2 goals in 2 sub appearances for pool this season already, he needs minutes at his young age and I can see him pushing to come here.

Origi would do if we also keep Llorente. Perfevt foil in many respects and gives us height and of course is another Belgian.

Liverpool won't sell and we won't buy but at least it's a name of a striker.

Thought they had become extinct.

Back
Top Bottom