Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Asking me we should sign is daft. We're not special unique snowflakes with problems no other team has. We have scouts and recruitment teams for a reason.
We can try sign both. No need to abandon our policy completely. Our wage structure has to change then (like we did for Kane).

Let's not play the quote game.

Fine.

Poch has clearly stated we can't be compared to other big teams because of resources and that we can't keep operating like this.

Then don't.... Especially not mangled mis-quotes.

We've just seen 3 supposed near-elite MFs struggle, if not bomb, so far this EPL season...

Jorgino
Keita
Kovacic (*)

£70m a pop (*reported value in his case)

Again, maybe this is the ONLY, solution but where's the £250m (+ £150kpw x 3 ) coming from for the 'few key players of Eriksen-quality' you want....?

Fucking piece of piss this transfer malarkey, innit.

Yet, I'll happily call Totti Totti out when I see fit (in this very thread even!).... Pop goes your silly conspiracy.

Btw, I can't find his original post, but pretty sure he said worst FBs in the top 6 (not "not half").

Like I said to begin with.... You're evidently binary minded on this front... Not everyone's default conclusion to what they believe is ailing our squad is "buy players".

Maybe Totti likes the aforementioned players on principal, but doesn't feel the need to caveat every post of this nature with a an essay on the financial and logistical ramifications of every possible transfer (you know, the ones that people endlessly choose to overlook when they feel like giving the owners a bit of a rinsing).

Who knows... ? You'd have to ask him...
Bollocks

The very post you quoted from me where you come to your bitches rescue like a white knight had the post from him quoted where he says top half.

Either you're a cliquey cunt turning a blind eye or so dumb that you think he is happy for us to stay with the worst fullbacks in the top half of the table, which is it?

Where did I talk about aspirations, top 4 or otherwise?

...The thrust of my post was about weathering an injury storm.

Within which, I even said I hoped we would sign a player to help.

What exactly are you rallying against here, you imbecile!
You imply our title chase is done. What does that leave then for us you geeky anonymous mask wearing faux revolutionary dweeby prat. Nothing of interest to elite players.

Fine.

Then don't.... Especially not mangled mis-quotes.

We've just seen 3 supposed near-elite MFs struggle, if not bomb, so far this EPL season...

Jorgino
Keita
Kovacic (*)

£70m a pop (*reported value in his case)

Again, maybe this is the ONLY, solution but where's the £250m (+ £150kpw x 3 ) coming from for the 'few key players of Eriksen-quality' you want....?

Fucking piece of piss this transfer malarkey, innit.
There's a lot in between breaking our transfer record several times in a window and signing shite.

If you're suggesting we can't have a go with intelligent well thought out gambles then you're a moron.

Sadio Mane (not that we need a WF now just an example) was within reach. Certainly not £70m or silly wages. There are and were deals like that to be done stop acting as if the market has nothing for us within reach ffs.

Problem with signing players........sign a player.

:sonhmm:

I know, I mean... Why haven't we?

Maybe this should be discussed somewhere....

Edit: I would say though, for whatever reason we have CHOSEN to not sign players.... Technically that doesn't constitute a problem in itself.

Funny I was wondering that.

If these restrictions exist and we know the reasons why.

What are you at odds with?

I don't want to piss away the years we have with the best striker in the world, one of the best playmakers in the world, one of the best managers in the world, 2 of the best centre backs in the world, one of the best u22 players in the world etc.

That shit doesn't come around often. Much of it once in a lifetime. I understand we are ahead of schedule but now we need to adjust.

NINTCHDBPICT000461521139.jpg

Totally agree, but the thing is, if you don't sign them, then you can be sure they'll never be good in a Spurs shirt.

Then possibly we need to maybe look at the gaffer and his meticulous criteria rather than by default assuming that Joe & Levy are rinsing the fans to buy yachts.

Bollocks

The very post you quoted from me where you come to your bitches rescue like a white knight had the post from him quoted where he says top half.

Either you're a cliquey cunt turning a blind eye or so dumb that you think he is happy for us to stay with the worst fullbacks in the top half of the table, which is it?

Bollocks nothing.

#NoConspiracy

Regardless of what he might have said, it seems you were only to keen to embrace it in order to vindicate your knee-jerk "buy playaaaaaz" raving tho.... Amirite? :thumbup:

You imply our title chase is done. What does that leave then for us you geeky anonymous mask wearing faux revolutionary dweeby prat. Nothing of interest to elite players.

Try and stay calm and on topic there's a good fellow....

That you in your avatar btw? :llorishuh: :sonpoint:

I remind you, I was posting about us weathering an injury shit-storm...

I can't help it if you wanna hijack my post to support your tunnel visioned agenda of "buy, buy, buy" and how Eriksen won't re-sign.

Relax; even if you shy way from the standard difficult questions that your ilk does; putting 2 + 2 together it's quite clear you blame Levy for being a tight cunt.... I'm not sure why you're so rattled by my comments tonight.

Can I ask, if you believe us to in dire straights in terms of fit CMs and Poch doesn't adopt an emergency "we need a body" policy in this instance (compared to his usual, far more meticulous criteria); would you say he's being reckless or would this still be Levy's fault?

Back
Top Bottom