Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just checked the most saves in a single game record in the Premier League.

Joint 1st - Tim Krul - Newcastle vs. Tottenham - 14
Joint 2nd - Lukasz Fabianski - Swansea vs. Tottenham - 13
Joint 2nd - David James - Man City vs. Tottenham - 13

We are the only team that features twice, let alone three times.

de Gea's 11 doesn't make it, but it's a sad sight.

It really doesn't surprise me but it's one of the reasons I do love this club. Top quality Spurs never change

Not long back, so haven't read anything yet.

Not going to do War & Peace I don't have the energy. But feeling down and pleased at the same time is fucking weird.

I thought we edged a very competitive first half, a half that I was expecting before we KO. It wasn't a clean first half from both sides, we weren't at our best but I thought we largely dealt with them but their counter would remain a threat throughout but we were ready for their counters, it's like they weren't a surprise, it's all they had. I thought we stood off them a bit more than we should but after the first 10mins had slightly the better control of the game. Then Mr Calamitty puts his hand up yet again and says I got this, CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER, no need to mention his name you all know who I'm talking about.

When Sissoko went off all the confidence went out of me, the main reason was he was the muscle that wasn't letting Pogba dictate, without him I feared we would lack this physicality. Well, that 2nd half performance from us was fucking superb, and I do mean superb!! We absolutely played them off the park, our finishing could have been much better and de Gea simply kept them in the game. Our play was quick, incisive, had invention and variation, largely playing through the centre then switching it out wide when at the edge of the box for it to be cut back or played through or over. How the fuck did we not win, let alone not even get a point?!

Winks was fucking outstanding!

Anyway, I promised no War & Peace, I'll leave it here. Fucking gutted at the result delighted with the performance. Big concerns for Sissoko injury for obvious reasons given how many injuries we've got in this position but also for Winks, who has played a lot of games recently and there will come a time when he will hit a brick wall. Also for Kane, I've never bought into the Kane injury an issue previously as we have had Son to play in that position, but with him off to Asia, it's now a big worry.

He def had some class saves. The Toby one in particular. Most saves were pretty simple though and the loss should be squarely on the finishers and possibly Tripp’s for that onscene pass.

As for Tripp’s. He has the same issue Dier has of turning the ball over when he and the team are under no pressure.
The Toby save, Dele's header, Dele's 1:1... Not trying to lecture, but (as a former keeper) many saves are made through positioning, and he was always in the right spot to make the save. He had a great day. We definitely should have buried a few shots, some were made easy, but he earned that clean sheet.

Balls...

I am totally drained after that, was right behind the goal in the second half we were attacking. I think I jumped for every header and went to kick every shot, how the feck none of them went in is just mental. Mike Dean is a knob. We battled and did everything but score, dominated them most of the game and just couldnt score. Mike Dean is a knob.

At least they weren't sitting down in our Block today and the atmosphere at the game seemed better. Mike Dean is a knob. Pogba I hear should of been sent off, UTDs tactic of breaking up our play was clear to see. Mike Dean is a knob. Just hope we are not going to have Sissoko and Harry injured now, just as Son goes on walk-about.

Did I mention, Mike Dean is a knob ?

So no ideas on who we should sign, just sign SOMEONE.
You are right on scouting and recruitment teams though.
As they haven't identified any one good enough, in their and Poch's opinion, we haven't signed them.
What's so hard to understand.

Or maybe they haven't found anyone because of the restrictions they're working under. What's so hard to understand.

I don't blame Poch for bringing Vertonghen in.

Him and Toby were the best centre back pairing LAST season - but he's rushed him back. He done the same in the North London Derby and he cost us. He came back today and was poor.

He's either not fit enough or he's just going downhill.

It's little things like this where Poch needs to be smarter...

We saw the same when he was trying to bring Toby back in BOTH times he was out too.... First sign of a return and the lads that were holding the fort well enough in the interim get dumped for a 'not quite sharp' senior player.

I understand the motive, but better judgement is called for.

Understands football?

Do you not think we created enough to comfortably win today?
Despite “desperately needing new players”

Like I said, if the game had played identically but Dele scored the one on one, and Kane scored his, would you talking about how weak the squad is right now?

Do you think we were outplayed?
You didn’t watch it did you?
Winks had Pogba in no mans land....I bet you’d replace Winks though.

Mug
I see Bill Madrid Bill Madrid you didn’t feel like addressing anything here.

As I said, doubt you even watched it

Back
Top Bottom