Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not our day, don’t dwell on this one too much. We’d have turned that around if we were truly at home! You know what’s mad? Home fans probably had longer journeys home than the away lot!

Let’s win the league cup, let’s push on in the FA cup. Let’s dare to dream in the champions league.

Come on you spurs!

Next Sunday cannot come soon enough

Going to ignore the usual knob-head doom and gloom shit ... as Poch said we played probably our best 45 minutes of the season in the second half against a pretty decent Utd side. On a day when the league's best striker can't find the back of the net you know it's not going to be your day.

Could we do with more players? off course we could, but would we replace Kane? of course we wouldn't and frankly we dominated over the rest of the pitch.

Injuries to Sissoko and Kane were far more worrying than a loss in a league we we're not winning anyway.

EDIT - Just read on the BBC that De Gea made the most saves he's ever done in a top flight match without conceding a goal ... so this was his best game ever !!!!!!

Last edited:
And how many big money signings have been good?
Lamela took two years to get form, Sissoko same thing.
Paulinho? Janssen? Soldado? Son? Aurier? Sanchez?

Who else cost over 20M?

Two of them worked out straight away, three were total disasters.
Kyle Walker was a “cheapo”....Rose cost 1M.
Dembele cost 8M

What the fuck don’t some of you understand that price doesn’t mean quality

Totally agree, but the thing is, if you don't sign them, then you can be sure they'll never be good in a Spurs shirt.

Load of waffling shit from a cliquey prat.

i.e. Didn't read/can't debate/too fuckin' thick to understand. Most of it wasn't directed towards you anyway so I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck...

But.... Pray tell, who's my clique? I am intrigued...

(There's an ilk of people who drive me nuts with their miserable/spending obsessed outlook on everything, but otherwise most are cool... For every 'x' I dish out I probably dish out 50 positive, so make of that what you will.)

And how many big money signings have been good?
Lamela took two years to get form, Sissoko same thing.
Paulinho? Janssen? Soldado? Son? Aurier? Sanchez?

Who else cost over 20M?

Two of them worked out straight away, three were total disasters.
Kyle Walker was a “cheapo”....Rose cost 1M.
Dembele cost 8M

What the fuck don’t some of you understand that price doesn’t mean quality
No one said all signings turn to superstars. But most of our best players are signings....not academy players.

It is a bit of a worry if poch & co really believe our squad can't be improved upon. But still talks of aiming for titles. He is setting himself such mad unrealistic targets.
Behind the scenes he knows it can be improved, and he needs to keep shouting about titles as loud as he can in my opinion, because if the manager doesn’t believe it then we can’t expect the players or the fans to keep believing that the club can take the next step.
My gut tells me now, that to invest in the summer, and I mean properly invest, one big name will be sold....Eriksen might be that guy!

Yeah brilliant post. Let's show it to Eriksen before we offer him his next deal.
Sure he'll be delighted that we have just enough for top 4. Definitely the situation he wants to be at this stage in his career.

Where did I talk about aspirations, top 4 or otherwise?

...The thrust of my post was about weathering an injury storm.

Within which, I even said I hoped we would sign a player to help.

What exactly are you rallying against here, you imbecile!

I've never said that.

But I think if we told him that we'd strengthen the quality of the side with a few key signings so that the rest of the team was on par with him and Kane etc he'd be more likely to sign as he wants to win things. Don't you?

I mean we could explain that we have just a built a stadium and he should stay put during his prime years for our sake but I don't think that sounds too appealing considering his options do you?

Conveniently, you overlook a fact:

That a "few key signings so that the rest of the team was on par with him and Kane" equates to north of £250m (+ wages of the level Eriksen aspires to)....

Now maybe you're right, maybe that IS what it takes to keep Eriksen, but none of your 'spend-rage' explains HOW we go about affording that.

Bright ideas welcome.

Honestly I'm happy that this result, regardless of the performance, will put us back under everyone's radar and they'll stfu about Poch for a while. My bigger worry is the squad and injuries.

I'd much prefer they got on with the job at hand and not say they believe we can win the league when 9 points behind and then go on to lose a second consecutive home game.

Saying that, the guy who recently come out and said we can win the league was our best player on the pitch today, so maybe he does believe and those around him don't. Who knows?

Not that I pay attention but have any Liverpool players come out this season and said "We can win the league" ? Besides Lovren who's a fucking moron?

For what it's worth, I'd prefer them keeping a low profile, but look at what I actually said:

You accused them of "banging" on as a route of criticism.

I said that's "That's a gross overstatement".

As for LIverpool: I don't know but the diff. is they're being TOLD they're in a title race by every fucking media outlet. We're being questioned whether we're up to it FFS!

When I saw Mike Dean I felt the worst - he hates Spurs as he is anti-semetic. He allowed many bad tackles on Harry Kane and Son much to the amazement of the crowd, and failed to protect Dele Alli from a "red card shocker" by Pogba, I haven't seen a worse foul this season and was barely punished by Dean.

Kane was fouled at the end of the match and Sky wondered why he was down "was it exhaustion?" they said.

Why aren't the FA being investigated for corruption and anti-semetism???

this sucks shit. the result could ahve been easily 1:1 or even 1:2 or 1:3 victory. but its football and sometimes it is what it is fucking unfair. proud of the lads for todays effort.

Back
Top Bottom