Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree with pretty much all of this.

Winks was absolutely everywhere tonight. It certainly felt like it anyway.
Winks was nowhere tonight Totti. The Chelsea players were just passing him by.
He was introverted and a big reason why Chelsea had 60% possession. I would have played
Skipp instead all day long. Poch has become too damn cautious.

Tactically, could prove smart if we are fresh legged and fly out of the blocks vs Utd.

A win is a win, let's be honest we played a different Chelsea to who we played in the league and back in November I'd have taken a 1-0 win. Maybe people are a bit blinded by that fantastic result we had & doing them tonight with a half empty stadium shouldn't be taken lightly. Our away form is excellent, don't lose at Stamford Bridge and we're through. I'd have taken that at the start of the game

Winks was nowhere tonight Totti. The Chelsea players were just passing him by.
He was introverted and a big reason why Chelsea had 60% possession. I would have played
Skipp instead all day long. Poch has become too damn cautious.

I think Eriksen's failure to show up was probably more of a reason. Winks was fine.

Amazingly, they had LESS possession today then when we smashed them 3-1 in the league. Almost as if Poch realises that Chelsea really aren't anything special WITH possession.

I do like Skipp though. Lovely tackle on Hazard at the end.

:dembelewtf:
Page 4 - 5 footballers who have killed

"Current Chelsea full-back Marcos Alonso was arrested in 2011 for his involvement in a car crash in Spain’s capital Madrid. He was the driver of the car which collided with a wall and killing one of the fellow passengers in the car, a 19-year-old woman.

Alonso was driving at 122.8kmh in wet conditions in a 50kmh zone. What made the car crash even more tragic was the fact that the Spaniard had a blood alcohol level of 0.93mg per litre. (Almost 3 times the permissible alcohol level in Spain)

Originally facing 4 years in prison, Alonso had his sentence reduced to 21 months and it was later dropped completely as the full-back paid 500,000 euros in an out-of-court settlement to the victim's family
."

Would love to see Skipp in the next leg. Why the fuck not.

I'd much rather Foyth and go to a back 3 in all honesty.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Toby
Trippier - Dele - Dier - Eriksen - Rose
Lucas - Kane
Would be pretty smart. They're going to go for it and I think we play well when we aim to counter. I imagine Dier will be back for that game. Lucas' pace will be much needed on the counter without Son.

I'd much rather Foyth and go to a back 3 in all honesty.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Toby
Trippier - Dele - Dier - Eriksen - Rose
Lucas - Kane
Would be pretty smart. They're going to go for it and I think we play well when we aim to counter. I imagine Dier will be back for that game. Lucas' pace will be much needed on the counter without Son.

I'd definitely go with a back 3 with Sonny being out. Another thing you've highlighted with this is how an injury to one of our attacking players shows us slightly light up top as well. We could really do with Lamela or Lucas hitting a rich vein of form whilst Sonny is offski

I'd definitely go with a back 3 with Sonny being out. Another thing you've highlighted with this is how an injury to one of our attacking players shows us slightly light up top as well. We could really do with Lamela or Lucas hitting a rich vein of form whilst Sonny is offski

To be fair - when Son goes, I'd love for us to move to a back three temporarily until he's back. It get's the best out of our wing backs which add to our attack with Son gone. Gives us a bit more strength in defence and also allows us to rest the likes of Winks or Sissoko without feeling shallow defensively.

Still not sold on Lucas to be honest - think he'd be much more useful coming off the bench anyway.

Back
Top Bottom