Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah a fully fit dembele I agree. But we haven’t seen that in a while. A crocked dembele can’t compete with kante. Fact.
Sure point taken of course

I genuinely can't think of a game where in terms of general play we missed his ability to beat a player and set us away

Their press crippled us somehow tonight and I don't think that happens with him playing

Positive note ... although it wasn't a fluid attacking performance by us we defended superbly

Proud of that much

Well done lads.

Not the prettiest but I'll fucking take a lead going into the second leg.

Agreed. Gutsy performance all in all....

Only shame is that with the away rule we would ordinarily be in an even stronger position.

Credit where it's due tonight Rose was triffic.

United next... Can barely catch a breath... Fair play to the lads right now... I know the Wolves result stung but look at all those W's!

COYS!!!:pochohshit:

Sure point taken of course

I genuinely can't think of a game where in terms of general play we missed his ability to beat a player and set us away

Their press crippled us somehow tonight and I don't think that happens with him playing

Positive note ... although it wasn't a fluid attacking performance by us we defended superbly

Proud of that much

He was my favourite player for the last few seasons but he’s too injury prone. We haven’t missed him and that’s horrible to admit.

When was the last game against a big side you saw him dominate?

Winks and sissoko aren’t the long term answer, but I agree we defended very well but I was disappointed with a 1-0 win... wouldn’t have said that a few years ago against Chelsea!

I'm from a generation who didn't see us beat those cunts for nigh on 17 years... so to win 3 in a row against them is somewhat unheard of.... even IF it's a narrow margin going into the 2nd leg,
"I'll take what I can get, (Yeah, I'll take what I can get...) you ain't seen nothing yet.... b-b-b-baby... you ain't seen nothing yet!"

I had a argentian Lamela super fan with spurs and and river plate ensigina stand up behind me for the whole game with a Lamela sign in spanish

Erik regalas tu camiseta

Last edited:
He was my favourite player for the last few seasons but he’s too injury prone. We haven’t missed him and that’s horrible to admit.

When was the last game against a big side you saw him dominate?

Winks and sissoko aren’t the long term answer, but I agree we defended very well but I was disappointed with a 1-0 win... wouldn’t have said that a few years ago against Chelsea!
I get he was your favourite player

And again I'll go with .... I believe we missed him tonight

COYS

Back
Top Bottom