January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"The stadium is delayed, Fact."
I stated stadium delay as a fact, what is wrong with that? Are you questioning the stadium is delayed??
You are right, but why is Levy necessarily to blame for the delay? Is the person in charge of a project always to blame if a project is delayed? You can't think of circumstances that are out of his control?

I would imagine this is more than tittle tattle and probably has legs to this story, after all Madrid are the most prestige club in the world who pay big wages and win lot's of shit everything that spurs don't do.
If he goes then good luck to him just have to trust the club to reinvest properly like Liverpool have although I don't think any of us will be holding our breath.
Pool lucked out

No one thought Salad would turn out to be one of the best players in the world ..... or there would've been a longer queue than just Liverpool for him

They basically swapped him for coutinho plus a hundred million

I'm not bitter

"The stadium is delayed, Fact."
I stated stadium delay as a fact, what is wrong with that? Are you questioning the stadium is not delayed??
You stated Levy was to blame for the delays, we all know it's a fact it is delayed. I asked you to explain why Levy was to blame and yes i was a tad sarcastic but you've yet to explain why this is all down to Levy. Yes you're entitled to your opinion but i would be interested to know why you lay the blame entirely at his door.

You are right, but why is Levy necessarily to blame for the delay? Is the person in charge of a project always to blame if a project is delayed? You can't think of circumstances that are out of his control?
The project was expected to last 12 months. A delay of a week, a month or even 3 months then can think of circumstances out of control.

So basically you've got no idea whether he is to blame or not.
Levy's one fault is basically listening to whatever contractors/project managers that said it could be done.

It's not Levy's fault that a contractor supposedly laid faulty wiring for the safety systems

Absolutely.

Isco ain't taking a pay cut to move to England.

We could always just offer him the money Eriksen is reportedly turning down? £140k a week.

Isco is on 120k a week at Madrid...

and no, I don't think Isco will come. He's rejected us about 100 times before and will probably go to Juve or something.

Last edited:
Not expecting any January arrivals I'm okay with - it's obvious that the calibre of player we want will be indispensable to their current team and getting them mid-season is a tall order.

We really should be looking to tie up an early deal or two for the summer though. It would steal a march on rivals (if they're after the same guy), ensure the players arrive in time for Poch's pre-season training, and free up time for the scouts to identify other players come the summer.

If Dembele leaves for China this month and we're on tenderhooks until the summer as to who might come in - after the last summer we had things might get a bit nervy.

Back
Top Bottom