Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's just scored and reminded me but Sander Berge would be a relatively riskfree central midfield signing with high potential

I hope our scouts read this forum because these are all great shouts. Diawara being my favourite, but I imagine he is the priceyist of the bunch (apart from N’dombele of course).

Diawara has world class composure on the ball, doesn’t matter what situation he is in he always seems to make an option for a pass, he never panics.

Also has some great vision.

Last edited:
I hope our scouts read this forum because these all great shouts. Diawara being my favourite, but I imagine he is the priceyist of the bunch (apart from N’dombele of course).

Diawara has world class composure on the ball, doesn’t matter what situation he is in he always seems to make an option for a pass, he never panics.

Also has some great vision.

Not sure if you've ever seen him but Seko Fofana at Udinese is another one who I think would be relatively risk-free and cheap to sign but potential is HUGE.

Seen him a few times this season and he's mightily impressive. Physically strong, very good with the ball at his feet too.

Clip if you've never seen him. Obviously can't go off YouTube compilations too much but if you ever see Udinese on or they're against a bigger club, give it a watch and check him out.

I concur with the last few CM suggestions.

Whenever it happens , hoping we can get one CM in without another leaving , trading out Dembélé, Wanyama and adding in 3 of the following is where my expectations / desires lay.

Diawara
Lobotka
Cook
Doucoure
Berge
Haidara
Pineda
Donsah
Kranvitter
Paredes
Rice
Ascasacabir ( think I may have pulled that off)
Wendall (forgive me if he's moved since I've last watched him but from a few views he seemed to be destined for good things. As far as I'm aware he's the midfielder other than the Arthur who went to Barcelona to be rated so highly)

Few names I've forgotten tbh but that's enough players with a mix of different strengths I'd love I see in either 2-3 men midfields.

Most should be within our transfer budget, wage and the type of quality to add depth / push us on. I'll leave out a few names that I don't think are realistic but I'm guessing anyone with an interest knows the big names.

I watch substantially more foreign football as I've been housebound 90% of the last 2 1/2 years and I'm not saying I'm an expert but I'd be happy with any of the above as from viewing them all a few times I really like them.

Just in case anyone thought I was basing my opinions on Fifa or football manager. Tbf I still expect to be told that haha

Whenever it happens , hoping we can get one CM in without another leaving , trading out Dembélé, Wanyama and adding in 3 of the following is where my expectations / desires lay.

Diawara
Lobotka
Cook
Doucoure
Berge
Haidara
Pineda
Donsah
Kranvitter
Paredes
Rice
Wendall (forgive me if he's moved since I've last watched him but from a few views he seemed to be destined for good things. As far as I'm aware he's the midfielder other than the Arthur who went to Barcelona to be rated so highly)

Few names I've forgotten tbh but that's enough players with a mix of different strengths I'd love I see in either 2-3 men midfields.

Most should be within our transfer budget, wage and the type of quality to add depth / push us on. I'll leave out a few names that I don't think are realistic but I'm guessing anyone with an interest knows the big names.

I watch substantially more foreign football as I've been housebound 90% of the last 2 1/2 years and I'm not saying I'm an expert but I'd be happy with any of the above as from viewing them all a few times I really like them.

Just in case anyone thought I was basing my opinions on Fifa or football manager. Tbf I still expect to be told that haha

Depending on the situation of who (if at all) leaves, I think we should replace them and I would also like us to take a dig at finding "new Kante" or even "new Gueye"... from like French or Dutch or whatever league for reasonable amount of money. I so much would like to have someone who is not monster at the frame, but could put in a strong tackle and shield the defence more dynamically than Wanyama with his 2,5 meters of hight and 2m wide shoulders :D

Diawara
Lobotka
Cook
Doucoure
Berge
Haidara
Pineda
Donsah
Kranvitter
Paredes
Rice

Thing is, this is where squad management/harmony becomes an issue...

We currently have 2DMs & 3 CMs (+ youth)... Add another one to the mix as you request, that's 6 players (+)...

Now if they're any good, having 3 hot young prospects wanting to prove themselves at the same time, we'd have 1 or 2 consigned to very little game-time agitating for moves before you know it. (Also consider the disruption of auditioning a myriad of player combinations with 3 new CMs incoming at the same time... Maybe unavoidable given some of the issues with our current personnel, but nevertheless something you'd ideally do in pre-season; not amidst the business end of the season).

Same as our AM options... When everyone is fit at least one regularly misses out as it is, yet many were desperate for another to boost depth & options in the summer. Don't be suprised to see e.g. Sonny get a bit itchy as the season goes on and Dele/Eriksen begin to dominate minutes again and he's left to fight it out with EL & LM. Also see Foyth comments earlier this season....

Age old problem, inflated wages buys player patience when on the bench (see City)... Otherwise, it's unrealistic to expect them to happily warm the bench from week to week and sometimes not even make said bench.

An organic path & pecking order of youth > developing > senior is required if we're gonna carry that many players in any of these positions.

In the short-term.... Bring in a quality CM option we'd expect to hit the ground running in Jan, sure... Beyond that, leave any bigger scale 'surgery' and the integration of 'developing' players til the summer.

I assume he'd rather leave in January so the club get's some money for him as opposed to just running down his contract and leaving on a free?

Absolute monster in midfield for us over the years.

So he can walk this dec? Doesn’t even have to see out the last 6 months of contract? I thought Bosman moves are only signed in winter window and come into play in summer window??

I assume he'd rather leave in January so the club get's some money for him as opposed to just running down his contract and leaving on a free?

Absolute monster in midfield for us over the years.
Cracking player don’t think he was appreciated pity we couldn’t get over the line in terms of silverware for him.

So he can walk this dec? Doesn’t even have to see out the last 6 months of contract? I thought Bosman moves are only signed in winter window and come into play in summer window??

Think Lewis Holtby.

Cracking player don’t think he was appreciated pity we couldn’t get over the line in terms of silverware for him.

Another one of those players who didn't really get appreciated by others due to his lack of goals and assists but he brought so much more. There was a period of time where he was considered one of the most underrated players in the league.

You only have to ask those who have played with him who they think one of the best players they've ever played with were and he's usually always on that list.

Back
Top Bottom