We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last night's game was the first time that Barcelona had less possession than their opposition in 72 Champions League group stage fixtures.

That's 12 years.

Teams like the Chavs in their pomp would park the bus against Barca and still come unstuck.

#MUTHAFUCKINBRAVEYO

...Or is that just luck? :kaneshh:

DuODqutX4AAfSwc.jpg:large

My son tore his achilles in a track meet yesterday. I was with him at the hospital while we were playing Barca. I didn't want to look at my phone, because I was recording it to watch when I got home.
We were in the waiting room anticipating x ray results, and I was pacing all over the place.
The nurse said 'stop worrying, I'm sure he'll be fine'.
My son, wearing a boot on his leg and in obvious pain, looked up at her and smiled.
'Don't bother trying to calm him down. He's missing the Spurs game right now'...

Pretty incredible, considering how unlikely this was after the first three games. An incredible night.

This has been the worst week of my life (probably to the day I die), and whilst I know it’s ultimately just a football match (I was almost on autopilot as I sobbed through the game), that goal, that ending, and that chanting from our fans in whatever their fucking stadium is called these days, was like a giant hug from the second biggest love of my life.

Thank you Spurs.

Anytime you want to talk my friend just let me know. I've been in dark places before and no one should have to go through those times alone.

Kane IS a superstar on the pitch or at least the closest to one we will ever have. If Kane isn't a superstar, Mo Salah certainly isn't one either and by those standards only Messi at Barca and C. Ronaldo at Juve are.

“We deserved to qualify because we have shown that we can compete with everyone.”

Beat Spurs. Lost to Spurs.
Drew with Barcelona. Lost to Barcelona
Beat PSV. Drew with PSV.

Well, actually you proved you can compete with Tottenham and PSV - just like we proved we can compete with Inter Milan and PSV - I'd also say getting a point away at the Nou Camp is better than drawing at home to them.

“We had to win, we took a goal in the first half and then we arrived many times in the opposing area and we could not make two goals,”

So you probably don't deserve it then..

BBC Radio 5 live - Football Daily, Liverpool and Tottenham through - but do Spurs lack a superstar?

We do lack a superstar but I don't think Salah is that neither.

Kane is his equal if not better but needs assistance.

How well we do for the rest of the season may well be determined in January though.

We have several superstars in our ranks.

Kane, Dele, Eriksen and Son just to name 4. All of those would fit into any of the other top 4 PL sides.

Perhaps if we had Kaneinho or Dele Alli Jnr people would be lording them as ‘superstars’.

Inter didn't deserve to win against Spurs as we all know and were very lucky to win at PSV with 1-2 (should've had a red card in the first half). Basically they are lucky to play in the EL in February.

“We deserved to qualify because we have shown that we can compete with everyone.”

Beat Spurs. Lost to Spurs.
Drew with Barcelona. Lost to Barcelona
Beat PSV. Drew with PSV.

Well, actually you proved you can compete with Tottenham and PSV - just like we proved we can compete with Inter Milan and PSV - I'd also say getting a point away at the Nou Camp is better than drawing at home to them.

“We had to win, we took a goal in the first half and then we arrived many times in the opposing area and we could not make two goals,”

So you probably don't deserve it then..

‘Intery’

Back
Top Bottom