We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aside from the cost difference, Barca always have more possession. Not last night when Spurs had 51% - probably only a few times in the last decade has that happened.

We had more shots on goal, we had more passes and in the 2nd half not sure Barca had a shot on goal - despite a certain Messi being on for the last 30 minutes.

We certainly were good for a draw, and had we won I don't think it would have been unjust.

Fantastic to think we beat Real Madrid last season and can go toe to toe with Barcelona this season.
As good as we were last night, and I’m not detracting from the performance or the result, but the pessimist in me thinks that if Messi had been on from the start, it would’ve ended differently.

But he wasn’t, and it didn’t, so who gives a fuck! Not really sure what my point was, to be honest. :avbshock:

As good as we were last night, and I’m not detracting from the performance or the result, but the pessimist in me thinks that if Messi had been on from the start, it would’ve ended differently.

But he wasn’t, and it didn’t, so who gives a fuck! Not really sure what my point was, to be honest. :avbshock:

Possibly, even probably, correct.

But I'm not sure Messi influenced the game that much in the 30 minutes he was on - which has to be a surprise to us all.

I guess its the 'you can only play the team in front of you' and maybe Barcelona needs to rest players (as we do) and having a big squad of top players thought they could use this match to rest one or two of their super stars. As far as they are concerned they got through to the last 16 and gave Messi a 60 minute rest - and maybe that is good enough for them

So you can fuck off right. Any team that needed to go to Barcelona and get something who ended getting something and going through to the next round would have celebrated the same way.

The celebrations were muted compared to how that lot of cunts down the road carried on a couple of weeks ago.

So I wasn't, still not Sissoko's biggest fan but there is no denying he was decent last night, sure at times the final pass was frustrating but that's true of lots of players in that area of the field.

I found myself shouting 'Give it to Sissoko' knowing he would charge up the other end of the field with it. It's a testament to him how he adapted and dropped into the right back role and was trusted there. All night he was closing people down and getting the boot in. Very well done, if he continues with this progression he might actually be a decent player to keep around.

It's funny how different the style of our Mous(s)a's are - yet how they are both effective. Where Mousa glides past people with the ball seemingly glued to his foot, Moussa just runs through them looking entirely out of control of the ball. While I'm usually a huge fan of the elegant Mousa, in recent games I've been enjoying the chaotic approach of Moussa. It's sort of refreshing, while not being as easy on the eye.

This result could mean better things for us. And first of all to win vs Woolwich in Carabao Cup and continue to win against non Top6 sides in the EPL.

Is it true?

Porto draw next in CL, please.

Lol at anyone non-Spurs trying to play down the result by saying it's a Barcelona B team. The team that started against us cost:

£345,000,000.

They also ended the game with both Busquets and Messi on the pitch. Some would say those were their two most important players.

Yet absolutely no one mentions the fact we had Vertonghen, Dele, Eriksen and Dembele all out for our home fixture. If we compare squad costs. Our squad that started last night cost us:

£103,000,000.

So you can fuck off right. Any team that needed to go to Barcelona and get something who ended getting something and going through to the next round would have celebrated the same way.

Didn’t Woolwich celebrate like they’d won the treble because they beat us and went third........in November

Flag waving like they’d just taken a village in the American Civil War. Selfies like 14yr old girls. North London was Red and NEVER forget it.

We all forgot three days later though.

:avbshit:

Last night's game was the first time that Barcelona had less possession than their opposition in 72 Champions League group stage fixtures.

That's 12 years.

Last night's gamewas the first time that Barcelona had less possession than their opposition in 72 Champions League group stage fixtures.

That's 12 years.

Theres a strange myth going around that without Messi they are just a B team....odd how in 12 years though I suppose this was the only time they let the oppo control it, because it Spurs and everyone’s gutted we did it.

Said in times infinity.

Do not pull your pants down against Barca, do not bend over for Messi, and you will give them a game.

Back
Top Bottom