Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing thats working in our favour is all the other lads have put pen to paper (Toby has been a lost cause for over a year now). I do still think there is a chance he will sign.
The only reason Toby will re-sign is because no one else wanted him, not because he's so loyal or so incredible.

Personally I just want it resolved ASAP, but no stupid long contract offer for a player whose best days were 2015-2017

The only reason Toby will re-sign is because no one else wanted him, not because he's so loyal or so incredible.

Personally I just want it resolved ASAP, but no stupid long contract offer for a player whose best days were 2015-2017
I was saying that Christian might re-sign not Toby. Toby will go. . .

I was saying that Christian might re-sign not Toby. Toby will go. . .
Sorry mate, misread your post.

Toby has been playing us for sure and we should have taken a decent offer if it came last summer. I think the player gave Levy the runaround, but I'm happy with that if it changes Daniel's thinking in the market.

Do we know why Eriksen was withdrawn at half time in Denmark's game yesterday?

An epiphany:

"Fuck this nonsense.... Let's get back to Spurs; sign that contract and rip some muvvafuckin' shit up...."

(Subject to a danish twang and a big spoonful of creative license, of course.)

40? Ridiculously low offer... fuck off RM!

As one of the other lads here noted, the clock is ticking on his contract; might not equate to as big a fee as us fans would hope.

Personally think RM is too cunty an environment for a personality like Eriksen, but money talks.

As one of the other lads here noted, the clock is ticking on his contract; might not equate to as big a fee as us fans would hope.

Personally think RM is too cunty an environment for a personality like Eriksen, but money talks.

Yea I hear ya but we should still be able to get 60m for him! Levy should quietly look to start a bidding war late this coming spring if there is no chance of a renewal.

Yea I hear ya but we should still be able to get 60m for him! Levy should quietly look to start a bidding war late this coming spring if there is no chance of a renewal.

Prob for us is that proves little compensation when realistically; a ready-made, same caliber replacement stands to cost more than that. Maybe even trickier; price-tag aside, who's get-able in the summer that's good enough? We're immediately shopping from the basket marked 'not wanted by the richest 6 or 7 in Europe'.

I think we have personnel to weather a storm (let's face it CE's struggled to make much of an impact so far this season), but there's no obvious heir-apparent in our ranks.

Him staying is without a doubt best for Tottenham. :avbpray:

Honestly, Eriksen is very good, but he isn't as key as some people think. What I mean by that is he actually stops Poch from playing counter-attacking formations and that is part of the reason we struggle against bigger teams. Okay, yes, if we sell an Eriksen, and buy a Sissoko, then there is a problem, so I can see what people are worried about in terms of that. And yes, he could play in a deeper role as he gets older and we could sign a very good pacey forward who gets in behind instead.

However, in general, I think that Eriksen dominating a game for Spurs hinders us more in terms of scoring goals as it means it is unlikely Son, Kane, and Dele are dominating the game. I have said it a long time ago, if Eriksen is MOTM, chances are we win, but it is a lower-scoring game, we sneak it, and the rest of the players weren't as good as a team. When you are over-reliant on one good slow creative avenue, it stops faster flowing team solutions on the break. I believe it is the case with Eriksen, and in terms of winning titles I don't think he fits in the front three.

Back
Top Bottom