Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I were him I wouldn't be singing anything until after the January transfer window. I would want to see intent by the club and manager. If I felt they were committed to improve now the stadium is complete then as long as my pay in near to Kane's I would sign.

Buying young prospects is always a risk, they might want to play for one of the biggest clubs on the planet at some point – who can blame them? Until we have that status it's a harsh reality of the situation. Lets be clear, a big club isn't just one with good finances, it's one that is winning both domestic and European titles. It takes more than a few seasons to get there...

We just spent a billion quid ... there's a bloody great spaceship in Tottenham ... how much more 'intent' can he possibly want? Do you think we've done this so we can be a mid-table side?

For Eriksen (and his agent) it's all about the money and/or maybe joining a European Super Club, there are probably just three or four clubs Barca, Real, Athletico, maybe Juve ...

I can't imagine he'd go to City, Utd, Chelsea, Dippers or Woolwich ... but I guess you never know ...

We just spent a billion quid ... there's a bloody great spaceship in Tottenham ... how much more 'intent' can he possibly want? Do you think we've done this so we can be a mid-table side?

For Eriksen (and his agent) it's all about the money and/or maybe joining a European Super Club, there are probably just three or four clubs Barca, Real, Athletico, maybe Juve ...

I can't imagine he'd go to City, Utd, Chelsea, Dippers or Woolwich ... but I guess you never know ...
Not so sure about Atletico, I've always felt that he might leave for Barcelona, Real or Bayern and maybe Juve.. A transfer within the Premier League is out of the question.

Last edited:
Not so sure about Atletico, I've always felt that he might leave for Barcelona, Real or Bayern and maybe Juve.. A transfer within the Premier League is out of the quesion.
I agree that Eriksen under Simeone does not sound like a match made in heaven. If he goes it will be to Barca, Bayern or Real. Possibly PSG

Dropping a ton of cash on the stadium isn't the same as investing in the current team. I understand you can't really have one without the other but for someone in the peak of their career who is capable of playing in a trophy winning side he will quite understandably want to win something before he retires.

So, as I said, he will probably want to see the club investing in the squad and showing their intent to win something now and not in five years. January will be the clearest indication of this.

sun20.jpg

Real don't. They buy established superstars. The only striker they're after is Kane.

I'd be sad to see Eriksen go, but I feel like he's been very honest about his ambition and where he wants to end up. Would rather see him at Barca than Real.

They hadn't bought an established star for about 4 years before they signed Courtois in the summer.

They literally spent £45,000,000 on a player who had NEVER kicked a football in a professional game before. I don't think them being interested in Rashford is out of the realms of possibility.

Eriksen will be gone in the summer if he doesn't sign a new deal. Simple as that.

And it won't be for a handsome fee either. Youre probably looking at £60,000,000 - £80,000,000 which is absolutely peanuts for a man of his talent.

I just hope we can strike a deal with him.

Eriksen will be gone in the summer if he doesn't sign a new deal. Simple as that.

And it won't be for a handsome fee either. Youre probably looking at £60,000,000 - £80,000,000 which is absolutely peanuts for a man of his talent.

I just hope we can strike a deal with him.
The thing thats working in our favour is all the other lads have put pen to paper (Toby has been a lost cause for over a year now). I do still think there is a chance he will sign.

Rashford needs a couple of seasons with a manager who will improve his game. And urgently. I don't think Real Madrid is the place to do that.

I'll be gutted to see Eriksen go as I think he's probably our most important player, but I also feel it is inevitable. He's been here quite a while and he clearly wants to play in Spain at some point in his career. If he waits a few more seasons he may miss out on that.

Saying all the right things ‘excited about the future with Tottenham, no rush to leave, don’t believe the stories’

Poch loves him, he’ll be offered parity with Dele (150)

Much ado about nothing imo.

You can find the above quotes in a daily mail article.. fucked if I’m gonna share it and add to their clicks but basically he’s said he’s not interested in leaving

Saying all the right things ‘excited about the future with Tottenham, no rush to leave, don’t believe the stories’

Poch loves him, he’ll be offered parity with Dele (150)

Much ado about nothing imo.

You can find the above quotes in a daily mail article.. fucked if I’m gonna share it and add to their clicks but basically he’s said he’s not interested in leaving

He should be offered parity with Kane though.

Back
Top Bottom