January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the fuck is he playing for Zenit?

He didn't suit Spalletti's formation and I imagine he chose Zenit for the money.

He's a great great player though and I've wanted him here for years. Not sure if we've ever been linked or interested in him but I'll always cling on to a bit of hope

We should be all over Declan rice. He’s finish is deal in June and West Ham is low balling him with only a 20k offer per week.

Do you really think he's that wonderful? I'd rather we started giving Skipp some minutes, I'm sure his potential is at least equal to Rice's?

Agree with bus here. Think Skipp is going to be twice the midfielder Rice is. Rice is a Dier for me. A CB plying his trade in the DM role. He is certainly more of a CM with his ball skills and fluidity than Dier, but I would rather see him focus on his CB skills.

It has a one year extension and we would have to pay a fee set by tribunal (guessing around the 20m mark). Still an option but not as easy /cheap as first looks

Surely it won't be anywhere near £20,000,000!?

Solanke went to a tribunal and was £3,000,000.
Ings went to a tribunal and was £6,500,000.
Ampadu went to a tribunal and was £2,500,000
Bostock went to a tribunal and was £700k

That seems like an awful lot.

Back
Top Bottom