Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 10.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

21 points from 8 away games is fucking class! I vote we don’t play any more home games until the stadium is finished.

Wembley can fuck off. :tobyarm:

It's incredible.

2 seasons ago we had an unreal home record.

We have been a different quality for each of the last 3 years.

And yet nothing in the trophy cabinet.

Sport can be cruel but we have to hope this group of players and Pochettino can have something/anything to show for their considerable efforts.

This season we are mostly about durability thus far.

That rain, fucking hell....I'm still soaked through.

Poch is a magician. Just as Dembele's star falls Sissoko steps up and becomes amazing in centre mid.

Whilst we have him as manager we can't ever chuck players on the scrap heap, you can see the confidence of the fans support running through Sissoko's vains.....it's up to us whether players fail or succeed and yet we are often so keen to knock them down.

Palace often make a ton of noise at home matches, esp late kick offs under lights. I hardly heard them at all. We hardly stopped all 90 mins. I know peeps think it's a shitty ground but I like going there. Never seen us lose there going back to 1972:

images

Chivers free kick 1-1.

Cool Palace strip in the pre-Malcolm Allison days, who tried to make them even more trendy. Changed the claret and blue to Barcelona red and blue, nickname from the Glaziers to the Eagles.

Happy Remembrance Sunday all

Also my wedding anniversary, which is a peculiar emotional combination.

Still be wearing my poppy with pride today, even though it isn't the custom here

Mucho felicitationes!! (I'm sure you can translate from my Pidgin Spanish).

btw - obviously Spain was neutral in WWI, are they reporting any of the 100th Anniversary of the Armistice?

Really not wishing to rain on anyone but my thoughts of yesterday's sodden bluster fest.
The result and 3 points brilliant .
Watching for me as a spectacle is rather underwhelming and unsatisfying affair . Football pleasure was at zero level , messy scrappy and technically crap. Really the season has been full of this dull stuff and is concerning.
Sissoko played well , broke play and bullied forward . To watch him week to week blunder teams has so little joy level . Really he is so limited but fair play to him yesterday. Foyth after a dodgy 20 mins looks a player of the near future . Has ability and reacted well for the corner . Thank fuck for him as our forwards would have been all year trying to score . Kanes service was practically tit shit .
Lloiris made some decent saves but usually they were straight at him.
Well hopefully performances and pray to God they improve . Sometimes it's not only the result for me.

Absolutely delighted with the 3 pts. Bit lucky that Palace are so toothless but Foyth had an exceptional game all things considered, and even more so after that dodgy start he had in the opening stages.

Sissoko is really blossoming. Thrilled for him. Was our best player yesterday I thought and Wanyama quietly effective.

However, Alli and kane still far from at it for me. Even kane's first touch has deserted him. Have you noticed how many touches Alli wants to have now. Counted 5 or 6 attacks he broke down by dwelling on the ball when he had runners in advanced positions...and after 2 or 3 touches he passed it backwards.

Aurier sub helped us a lot I thought, essentially took Townsend and ayew out of the game with his pace. Bit of a blessing in disguise that trips had to be subbed as our defence looked v slow before that. Hopefully trips can have a good rest for the next fortnight before we play those chavvy twats.

Lamela and moura not their usual selves either. But what a result going into yet another international break. COYS!

Really not wishing to rain on anyone but my thoughts of yesterday's sodden bluster fest.
Watching for me as a spectacle is rather underwhelming and unsatisfying affair . Football pleasure was at zero level , messy scrappy and technically crap. Really the season has been full of this dull stuff and is concerning.
Sissoko played well , broke play and bullied forward . To watch him week to week blunder teams has so little joy level . Really he is so limited but fair play to him yesterday. Foyth after a dodgy 20 mins looks a player of the near future . Has ability and reacted well for the corner . Thank fuck for him as our forwards would have been all year trying to score . Kanes service was practically tit shit .
Well hopefully performances and pray to God they improve . Sometimes it's not only the result for me.
I know it's tough that we have no defeats for you to have a good old moan about...chin up mate we're bound to have one soon...

Sissoko.

What an engine that guy has got, he really ripped into them from start to finish.

That flick up and over the palace player before driving forward and setting up sonny at the end summed it up. Anyone else would have stuck that in row z. Sonny should have just held it or done better but the composure from sissoko when the pressure was on...class. dunno what drugs he is on but keep on taking em!!

Winning is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.

That rain, fucking hell....I'm still soaked through.

Poch is a magician. Just as Dembele's star falls Sissoko steps up and becomes amazing in centre mid.

Whilst we have him as manager we can't ever chuck players on the scrap heap, you can see the confidence of the fans support running through Sissoko's vains.....it's up to us whether players fail or succeed and yet we are often so keen to knock them down.
Apparently the players were singing the Sissoko chant in the dressing room after the match, which not only shows how tight the squad is but also reflects how his team mates also understand the hurt and rejection he must feel when he gets the abuse. It can only be of help to integrate the squad more closely and make them happier and more committed when ALL of the players are treated equally by the supporters.

Last edited:
Relax, I didn't accuse you of anything of the sort.

C'est la vie... The main diff. here is that I don't equate a couple of dodgy passes early doors (that went un-punished) to a stinker of a game... Especially when any heart in mouth moment is counter-balanced by the kind of final 10 that Hugo put in for us today and in other recent games.

Other than that the only additional comment I'd like to add is that the "rashness" was deemed an "edge" ("quick off his line", "Sweeper keeper" "Mad scientist" and so on....) when he first arrived.... If it was so troublesome why has he never been sent off until a couple of weeks ago? Conversely, it's saved our ass untold amount of times.

I'm not blind to the errors he's made, just don't think they amount to much collectively in the cold light of day and typically find the phrasing "bad game" to be somewhat of an overstatement and easily counterbalanced (see above)...

In general he has cost us fewer goals than the errors made by outfield players when you look at the goals that we have conceded this season so far.

He made three outstanding saves last night the last, a perfect example of his excellent positioning rather than "the player just blasted the ball at him".

We will miss him when he's gone and i don't doubt that eventually Gazzaniga will take his place, but up until then Lloris is still one of the best keepers in the game.

Back
Top Bottom