Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 10.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still remember United in Fergie’s last season being absolutely dreadful in almost every match, but scraping over the line over and over again. They won the title.
Or Leicester when they won it. Or Chelsea when they won it with Mou the last time and with Conté.

Some times it is more important to be efficient than to be fancy

I'd like to think the next two league matches will see us jumpstart the season. Chelsea and Woolwich - knock them both off and we can look in very good shape for Top 4. But it can the boost we need in terms of believing we can achieve something big this season.

Not often I agree with Chris Sutton but he was right when he said if we're picking up three points most weeks not playing well, imagine how we will do when we do click.

City look imperious but who knows - Ferguson always said if you're within six points at the start of the New Year then it's all up for grabs.

I suppose to cut of point is when we reach Karius, Mingolet levels of for every great game it's 5 dodgy ones. At the moment he ain't that bad and again I'm not saying he's utter dog shit just his form is dipping and he's at the point where if it dips more/does not improve I believe we have to change something.

Seems your comments now aren't quite as veracious as earlier posts. Fair enough, match-time can be a bit hyper...

And I'm not suggesting changing the keeper every mistake and it's a good job I don't think Poch will ever do that, if he ever drops Hugo it will be because he thinks Gazza or somone is genuinely a better option long and short term not to make a point

We agree here, in fact I'd go as far as to say with a keeper of Hugo's calibre; the day you drop him you're as good as signalling his exit... (Not cos he's untouchable, just due to the unique dynamic of the position).

As noted earlier you can't bench keepers into form like you might a DM or whatever...

As long as Gazzaniga's here for the long haul, he'll get his time to shine, no drama there.... Bit like Foyth's recent run of cameos.. He's passed the 'early doors' grade. The fact that so many feel they're good enough should help satiate the hunger for depth in the interim...

Another thing to take away from the game is that it is probably time for John Moss to retire. Abysmal refereeing all game. Allowed the Palace players to get away with a lot of stuff that should have at least led to free kicks. Not to mention waiting an ENTIRE FUCKING MINUTE to blow off the game when Lamela went down. And Moss walked right past Lamela to boot!

Can complaints about referee performances be filed with the league or FA or something?

I'd like to think the next two league matches will see us jumpstart the season. Chelsea and Woolwich - knock them both off and we can look in very good shape for Top 4. But it can the boost we need in terms of believing we can achieve something big this season.

Not often I agree with Chris Sutton but he was right when he said if we're picking up three points most weeks not playing well, imagine how we will do when we do click.

City look imperious but who knows - Ferguson always said if you're within six points at the start of the New Year then it's all up for grabs.

Re: Sutton - Fair comment, but he spent the rest of the 90 talking as if that wasn't already the story of our season for many a poster on here.

If we beat the Red & Blue scum, damn right I'll be dreaming big...

COYS!!!! :tobyarm:

Last edited:
Another thing to take away from the game is that it is probably time for John Moss to retire. Abysmal refereeing all game. Allowed the Palace players to get away with a lot of stuff that should have at least led to free kicks. Not to mention waiting an ENTIRE FUCKING MINUTE to blow off the game when Lamela went down. And Moss walked right past Lamela to boot!

Can complaints about referee performances be filed with the league or FA or something?

I doubt we can complain about his generally shity performance, but when you have a player prone on the ground, covered in blood from a head injury, I’m sure there’s some duty of care that he can be done for.

Away support sounded immense on the box, I know it's always different in the ground but at Palace that's quite something. Kudos to those that went.
breaking-bad-walter-white-heisenberg-NUBp5KcV0PJBe.gif

Well done no idea what I've done hardly calling him all the names under the sun I just think he's playing poor atm, he seems to be above critisicm for some reason with a lot of people and anyone who calls him out is attacked.

The save was to be expected no matter what you say it was point blank sure but right at him and at a nice hight.

Also stop being a cunt I'm not saying flog him he's a cunt, he's just playing poor he flapped at 2 crosses today, and was very lucky with that pass he tried before we scored, that could of cost us something. He's not been right for a while and his judgment has been Rash of late. If you can't have a proper depate and just resort to name calling when you see something you don't like then you need to fuck off not me

Couldn't agree more.

All goalkeepers get stick, and Lloris gets more than he deserves. He made three excellent saves today, in difficult conditions against a team of bruisers.

Say what you want but i'd rate him the third best keeper ever to wear a Tottenham shirt, and still the second best in the Premier League since he joined us.

Another away win, and still some boneheads in here want to pull this team apart.

Seems your comments now aren't quite as veracious as earlier posts. Fair enough, match-time can be a bit hyper...

We agree here, in fact I'd go as far as to say with a keeper of Hugo's calibre; the day you drop him you're as good as signalling his exit... (Not cos he's untouchable, just due to the unique dynamic of the position).

As noted earlier you can't bench keepers into form like you might a DM or whatever...

As long as Gazzaniga's here for the long haul, he'll get his time to shine, no drama there.... Bit like Foyth's recent run of cameos.. He's passed the 'early doors' grade. The fact that so many feel they're good enough should help satiate the hunger for depth in the interim...

I don't think my match comments where bad at all as I said I never personally attacked Hugo I just said he had another poor game, as in my opinion he did and it's becoming a far to often occurrence, something I don't think again is unjust to say

I never made him out to be scumbag or anything like that and I was not knee jerking for this game, check my post history I've had concern over Hugos dip in form for a while, especially last year where I don't know how anyone can deny he was way below par.

He's always had issues as a keeper we know this his distributions never been great and he was prone to being rash on the rare occasion, espeically in big games . He also started off weak in the air if I remember correctly but he soon grew out of that. And then we all knew he made up for the odd bad game by having 36 great ones between them. I can't remember how many times on this board I've praised Hugo for saving our arses with worldie stops, espeically in the AVB days where basically it was either him or Bale who bailed us out

The issue is for me that he's having less and less great games between the stinkers now and the rare brain farts ain't being as rare as before. He still makes great stops don't get me wrong that few others make, but tonight I was scared whenever they put a ball in. Palace where targeting him from minute one and that's a bad sign and I haven't seen a team do that to Hugo since he first came here.

Also to finish this I hope he proves me wrong and if he does I will happily eat all the humble pie with extra custard if it means we can have the old Hugo back cause I sure as fuck miss him and would love him back in this side

Couldn't agree more.

All goalkeepers get stick, and Lloris gets more than he deserves. He made three excellent saves today, in difficult conditions against a team of bruisers.

Say what you want but i'd rate him the third best keeper ever to wear a Tottenham shirt, and still the second best in the Premier League since he joined us.

Another away win, and still some boneheads in here want to pull this team apart.

Last post on this matter

He's the best keeper I have seen in a spurs shirt I can't deny it, however I don't think that means he can not receive fair criticism with is all I'm trying to give. Again I'm not calling him terrible or anything like that, and I have no interest in picking this team apart despite what some people seem to be saying, in fact I'm usually very positive. I give praise where it's due like I have done to Sissoko recently and did to Lloris against Cardiff and Wolves. I was also on here defending Foyth after the Wolves game

Like I said I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to have a great season after the break, and lifts us a trophy of some description nothing would make me happier

Last edited:
I don't think my match comments where bad at all as I said I never personally attacked Hugo I just said he had another poor game, as in my opinion he did and it's becoming a far to often occurrence, something I don't think again is unjust to say.
I never made him out to be scumbag or anything like that and I was not knee jerking for this game, check my post history I've had concern over Hugos dip in form for a while, especially last year where I don't know how anyone can deny he was way below par.

Relax, I didn't accuse you of anything of the sort.

He's always had issues as a keeper we know this his distributions never been great and he was prone to being rash on the rare occasion, espeically in big games . He also started off weak in the air if I remember correctly but he soon grew out of that. And then we all knew he made up for the odd bad game by having 36 great ones between them. I can't remember how many times on this board I've praised Hugo for saving our arses with worldie stops, especially in the AVB days where basically it was either him or Bale who bailed us out

The issue is for me that he's having less and less great games between the stinkers now and the rare brain farts ain't being as rare as before. He still makes great stops don't get me wrong that few others make, but tonight I was scared whenever they put a ball in. Palace where targeting him from minute one and that's a bad sign and I haven't seen a team do that to Hugo since he first came here.

Also to finish this I hope he proves me wrong and if he does I will happily eat all the humble pie with extra custard if it means we can have the old Hugo back cause I sure as fuck miss him and would love him back in this side

C'est la vie... The main diff. here is that I don't equate a couple of dodgy passes early doors (that went un-punished) to a stinker of a game... Especially when any heart in mouth moment is counter-balanced by the kind of final 10 that Hugo put in for us today and in other recent games.

Other than that the only additional comment I'd like to add is that the "rashness" was deemed an "edge" ("quick off his line", "Sweeper keeper" "Mad scientist" and so on....) when he first arrived.... If it was so troublesome why has he never been sent off until a couple of weeks ago? Conversely, it's saved our ass untold amount of times.

I'm not blind to the errors he's made, just don't think they amount to much collectively in the cold light of day and typically find the phrasing "bad game" to be somewhat of an overstatement and easily counterbalanced (see above)...

Last edited:
Relax, I didn't accuse you of anything of the sort.

C'est la vie... The main diff. here is that I don't equate a couple of dodgy passes early doors (that went un-punished) to a stinker of a game... Especially when any heart in mouth moment is counter-balanced by the kind of final 10 that Hugo put in for us today in other recent games.

Other than that the only additional comment I'd like to add is that the "rashness" was deemed an "edge" ("quick off his line", "Sweeper keeper" "Mad scientist" and so on....) when he first arrived.... If it was so troublesome why has he never been sent off until a couple of weeks ago? Conversely, it's saved our ass untold amount of times.

I'm not blind to the errors he's made, just don't think they amount to much collectively in the cold light of day and typically find the phrasing "bad game" to be somewhat of an overstatement and easily counterbalanced (see above)...

Yea I know you didn't mate but being told to fuck off for daring to have a different opinion has really pissed me off. Espeically when so many just seem to throw you in the doom and gloomer catergory so fast

But yea hes always had that edge but maybe as he gets older he's just gotta accept he can't do it as fast anymore and maybe this dip is simply Hugo struggling to come to terms with this and we will soon see his game change as a result and hopefully improve.

But we are gonna have to agree to disagree about tonight, yes he made 3 saves but they where all saves any PL keeper should make in my opinion espeically the last one, because I guarantee if our striker had done the same we would all be saying why shoot straight down the keepers throat not wow what a save. And although an error went unpunished today doesn't mean it still was not an error that needs to be sorted out

But thanks for having a proper debate and not just being a tit

Havent gone through the thread so apologies if I double up.. Got up at 4 am here in Sydney and watched a gritty team pick up another 3 points,.

That will do me :) Looking at the ladder I cant believe we are on 27 points after 12 rounds, without a fricken "home" ground.

To my Spurs brothers and sisters, who went to the game, ... well done, your chants were awesome. Congrats Foyth, great game.. Well done Hugo, some heartache moments but when it COUNTED, you stood up.

Oh , special mention to my new main man... Sissoko... You beast.. He must feel like a new man with all the love the fans dished out today..

Bring on Chel$$ea...

Last post on this matter

He's the best keeper I have seen in a spurs shit I can't deny it, however I don't think that means he can not receive fair criticism with is all I'm trying to give. Again I'm not calling him terrible or anything like that, and I have no interest in picking this team apart despite what some people seem to be saying, in fact I'm usually very positive. I give praise where it's due like I have done to Sissoko recently and did to Lloris against Cardiff and Wolves. I was also on here defending Foyth after the Wolves game

Like I said I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to have a great season after the break, and lifts us a trophy of some description nothing would make me happier
In a Spurs shit?
:):):)

Back
Top Bottom