Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 10.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really not wishing to rain on anyone but my thoughts of yesterday's sodden bluster fest.
The result and 3 points brilliant .
Watching for me as a spectacle is rather underwhelming and unsatisfying affair . Football pleasure was at zero level , messy scrappy and technically crap. Really the season has been full of this dull stuff and is concerning.
Sissoko played well , broke play and bullied forward . To watch him week to week blunder teams has so little joy level . Really he is so limited but fair play to him yesterday. Foyth after a dodgy 20 mins looks a player of the near future . Has ability and reacted well for the corner . Thank fuck for him as our forwards would have been all year trying to score . Kanes service was practically tit shit .
Lloiris made some decent saves but usually they were straight at him.
Well hopefully performances and pray to God they improve . Sometimes it's not only the result for me.

I've never been depressed before, but after reading your post - I can't see that there's anything left to live for

deer-hunter.jpg

That rain, fucking hell....I'm still soaked through.

Poch is a magician. Just as Dembele's star falls Sissoko steps up and becomes amazing in centre mid.

Whilst we have him as manager we can't ever chuck players on the scrap heap, you can see the confidence of the fans support running through Sissoko's vains.....it's up to us whether players fail or succeed and yet we are often so keen to knock them down.

I don't know what is funnier, calling Sissoko amazing or your spelling of "vains".

What a dullard.

Palace often make a ton of noise at home matches, esp late kick offs under lights. I hardly heard them at all. We hardly stopped all 90 mins. I know peeps think it's a shitty ground but I like going there. Never seen us lose there going back to 1972:

images

Chivers free kick 1-1.

Cool Palace strip in the pre-Malcolm Allison days, who tried to make them even more trendy. Changed the claret and blue to Barcelona red and blue, nickname from the Glaziers to the Eagles.

Happy Remembrance Sunday all
Their ultras don't go any more (not "as a group" anyway). I think they had some disagreement about wanting to move behind the goal and other fans not wanting them there, not sure of the details. It's had an effect on their atmosphere, and possibly their team's home performances too.

Agree our support was great. Loved it. Love Palace away. In fact, my first ever away game was a 3-1 win at Palace in the 97/98 season...I think Saib and Nicola Berti got two of the goals, not sure about the other, Armstrong? Was anyone off here at that game? We were at the other end of the side stand in those days, right next to their more hardcore supporters, atmosphere was banging and lots of verbals and chants between us and them. As a 13 year old I fell in love with following Tottenham away that day.

I just have to say as well, so fucking proud of our performance on Saturday, real grit, determination and strength shown to win that game.

Their ultras don't go any more (not "as a group" anyway). I think they had some disagreement about wanting to move behind the goal and other fans not wanting them there, not sure of the details. It's had an effect on their atmosphere, and possibly their team's home performances too.

Agree our support was great. Loved it. Love Palace away. In fact, my first ever away game was a 3-1 win at Palace in the 97/98 season...I think Saib and Nicola Berti got two of the goals, not sure about the other, Armstrong? Was anyone off here at that game? We were at the other end of the side stand in those days, right next to their more hardcore supporters, atmosphere was banging and lots of verbals and chants between us and them. As a 13 year old I fell in love with following Tottenham away that day.

I just have to say as well, so fucking proud of our performance on Saturday, real grit, determination and strength shown to win that game.
Berti, Armstrong and............. Klinsmann!!

I was there with my 2 sons, 9 and 7 at the time. I'm sure I watched it from the home stand nearer the centre circle from the current away end. Loads of Spurs. Palace's home form was shocking so it must have been easy to get tickets. That was the game that pretty much relegated them, but we were far from safe. 4 matches later we went down to 10 men at Barnsley and I thought that was it for us too. What a dreadful season that was.

Annoyingly we weren't able to get back to Selhurst for the 6-2. Heard that one on the radio too. Jonathan Pearce screeching "Jurgen Klinnsman, his Father was a baker, and that's the icing on the cake!!!!!"

Next season under The Man in the Raincoat, we went back to Selhurst for the Wimbledon FA Cup tie (1-1, Ginola), and then WHL for the 0-0 LC and 3-0 FAC. That was quite enough of GG v Kinnear for one season.

(btw TopSpurs site is v good for results and scorers)

Really not wishing to rain on anyone but my thoughts of yesterday's sodden bluster fest.
The result and 3 points brilliant .
Watching for me as a spectacle is rather underwhelming and unsatisfying affair . Football pleasure was at zero level , messy scrappy and technically crap. Really the season has been full of this dull stuff and is concerning.
Sissoko played well , broke play and bullied forward . To watch him week to week blunder teams has so little joy level . Really he is so limited but fair play to him yesterday. Foyth after a dodgy 20 mins looks a player of the near future . Has ability and reacted well for the corner . Thank fuck for him as our forwards would have been all year trying to score . Kanes service was practically tit shit .
Lloiris made some decent saves but usually they were straight at him.
Well hopefully performances and pray to God they improve . Sometimes it's not only the result for me.

It's almost like we should have expected a frustrating, scrappy game with a single late goal deciding it?

20 Sep 2015 Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace 1-0 Premier League
21 Feb 2016 Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace 0-1 FA Cup
20 Aug 2016 Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace 1-0 Premier League
26 Apr 2017 Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Premier League
05 Nov 2017 Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace 1-0 Premier League
25 Feb 2018 Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Premier League
10 Nov 2018 Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Premier League

Apparently the players were singing the Sissoko chant in the dressing room after the match, which not only shows how tight the squad is but also reflects how his team mates also understand the hurt and rejection he must feel when he gets the abuse. It can only be of help to integrate the squad more closely and make them happier and more committed when ALL of the players are treated equally by the supporters.

Boggles my mind that some fans choose to show their support of the team by abusing our own players. I will always show my support positively, no matter how badly they play.

If you care so much about the club then why wouldn't you do everything within your power to encourage the team to win? And i don't just mean pitch side. The constant deriding of the players on social media clearly permeates through and impacts on the atmosphere at the games

Last edited:
Apparently the players were singing the Sissoko chant in the dressing room after the match, which not only shows how tight the squad is but also reflects how his team mates also understand the hurt and rejection he must feel when he gets the abuse. It can only be of help to integrate the squad more closely and make them happier and more committed when ALL of the players are treated equally by the supporters.
Some players will tell you that they absolutely love being chanted about (maybe not Judas dying, I'm guessing). Mate of mine met Garth Crooks a while ago, years after retiring from the game. Was still going on about Archibald having that fucking song and nothing about me. Davinson, Tripps Davies Aurier now the only ones I think.

Back
Top Bottom