Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 10.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't be easy.

Whilst we always seem to beat them away from home (and in general in fact, just 1 league loss in the last 10 meetings), it never seems to be straight forward. Always with a late goal or by just one goal, especially over the last few years with Eriksen and Kane scoring late winners.

BUT they seem to be in a bad way right now. They're not playing particularly badly but they're having some real tough results:

Chelsea (3-1 loss away)
Middlesbrough (1-0 loss away, knocked out of the cup)
Woolwich (2-2 draw at home)
Everton (2-0 loss away)
Wolves (1-0 loss at home)
Bournemouth (2-1 loss away)

6 games without a win in all competitions. League wise, they haven't won a game since the 15th September when they beat Huddersfield away from home. They seem to be struggling to score goals and they've actually got the WORST home record in the Premier League (Whilst we have the BEST away record) but they have some real good players and players who can cause us problems. They will try and beat us to every second ball. Kouyate and McArthur will put a foot in. Zaha and Townsend will look to get behind our full backs after the success many of our opponents have had recently.

This would be a really good win for us though. Even though we play late on Saturday, we play before every single one of our rivals and it's a weekend where I'd like to believe that more than one of our rivals will be dropping points too. Chelsea at home to Everton (who COULD cause problems), Woolwich at home to Wolves (Who have got points off better teams) and of course Man City play Man Utd so we're guaranteed at least one team dropping points.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Sissoko - Winks - Dele
Lamela - Kane - Lucas
I'd probably go with that to be honest. It was actually quite hard for me to pick. I don't think Aurier particularly took his chance tonight at taking over from Trippier but I feel with the likes of Zaha and van Aanholt attacking our left, it'd be wise to give Aurier a chance again here. Sanchez comes back in for Foyth who will drop to the bench. Sissoko comes back in to provide the battle with their midfield with Dele coming in to central midfield too.

I haven't gone with Eriksen, only because I feel Lamela is playing in the form of his life right now and Eriksen just hasn't seemed himself all season, he was really disappointing against PSV to be honest. I've gone with Lucas just based on the fact he was lively against PSV and scored against Wolves in the last fixture.

0-1

Aurier, liability that he sometimes is would be better against Palace.

He and Sissoko could marshal the right and hopefully curb Zaha's marauding but a difficult game is likely. Palace are just a good striker away from being a comfortable mid-table side.

Based on what Poch has said about managing minutes Moura will sit this one out.

As long as Son sits it out with him, fine by me.

Though would make us ridiculously slow. I don't think we can drop Lucas at the moment to be honest. End product isn't 100% there but he's such a threat.

- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies -
- Winks - Sissoko - Eriksen -
- Lamela - Dele -
- Kane -
Gazzaniga, Foyth, Trippier, Skipp, Son, Lucas, Llorente

I expect Palace to set up to defend and if they do I want another Llorente cameo in the second half. Let him go in there and wrestle balls down so Kane can be focused on facing goal and snatching up any balls that he wins.

Its very close with them. We always work very hard to win against them. But i think we can win this one as they are on a bad form and were good after the PSV win.

-------------------------Lloris------------------------
--Aurier-----Toby----Sanchez----Davies--
---Sissoko----------Winks---------Eriksen--
---Lamela----------Kane----------Lucas---

Dunno why, but I am looking forward to this one (I rarely look forward to anything). Under the lights, boisterous atmosphere, a chance to run the rule over Wan-Bissaka. If we play with the same intensity as we did last night against PSV, I can forgive a lot of failings. Except the failure to sign any players over the summer. Bald cunt.

Back
Top Bottom