PSV (H) MUST WIN GAME

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Sissoko - Winks - Dele
Eriksen - Kane - Son

Yup, came here to post exact same squad, only with Lloris substituted for Gazza, as Hugo serves a ban.

I think it could work. Yea, the CM is lightweight, but if we press them enough, it might work. Ofc would prefer playing back 3 with Foyth as a 3rd but it is not an option, so... have to hope this 4-3-3 works.

COYS! It's not over until it is over!!!

I have this awful feeling that despite what we do tonight, inter are going to grab something against Barcelona.
I’m trying hard to be optimistic, because I do think we will beat PSV tonight, but that draw against them has left us in a bloody horrible position. And you just know that Inter will cheat, cheat & cheat again to get the second spot.
Hope I’m wrong but my gut is telling me CL qualification will be a pipe dream after tonight.

I have this awful feeling that despite what we do tonight, inter are going to grab something against Barcelona.
I’m trying hard to be optimistic, because I do think we will beat PSV tonight, but that draw against them has left us in a bloody horrible position. And you just know that Inter will cheat, cheat & cheat again to get the second spot.
Hope I’m wrong but my gut is telling me CL qualification will be a pipe dream after tonight.
Lets just hope we do our bit. Id rather we try to win the Europa at least instead of completely being knocked out.

Thought the same to be honest.

Inter are on good enough form and Barcelona nearly suffered a scare against Vallecano at the weekend (Were 2-1 down with 2 minutes to go before turning it round). I just feel Barca know that they're pretty much through and tonights result doesn't really affect them.

But, I'll remain optimistic. Barca win and Spurs win will see us overtake Inter Milan if we beat them in a few weeks. Draw of course still isn't a bad result. We would still go above Inter Milan if we beat them at Wembley.

If they snatch a draw we can still do em on the head to head records though, providing we win our last 2 of course

A draw just means we can't really rely on PSV snatching some sort of heroic draw at the San Siro. Whereas if Inter lose tonight and then lose to us, we could still potentially lose to Barcelona and go through if results go our way.

Wishful thinking I know, but it's another line of hope.

I actually think it will be a breeze tonight (typically when it probably won't matter in the end!).

3-0 - Alli and Kane x2

From what WindyCOYS WindyCOYS has said

Could be nothing in it as we're still in the comp but maybe preparing for a potential exit or something to give them some game time?

Spurs u19's played PSV u19's at lunchtime with this side :

Austin (c), Eyoma, White, Bowden, Walcott, Brown, Maghoma, Parrott, Patterson, Bennett, Lyons-Foster.
Subs: Kurylowicz, Markanday, Roles, Shashoua, Oakley-Boothe, Richards

So Eyoma and Bowden are unlikely to be on the bench tonight after playing at lunchtime. and Marsh is shown on the UEFA site as being suspended, meaning that Sterling is the most likely of those 3 to be on the bench, although he's only just returned from injury and hasn't played a lot

A draw just means we can't really rely on PSV snatching some sort of heroic draw at the San Siro. Whereas if Inter lose tonight and then lose to us, we could still potentially lose to Barcelona and go through if results go our way.

Wishful thinking I know, but it's another line of hope.
Messi is back tonight though isn't he?
:avbpray:

Back
Top Bottom