PSV (H) MUST WIN GAME

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another game to contend with. I think Poch is doing a grand job juggling the squad, considering our injury list . We just need to keep focus for the whole game, as our defensive issues seem to be of our own making. Can't say I'm looking forward to another night trek to Wembley. Still I have the consolation of seeing Gazzaniga in action (I can be such a girlie at times!)

The only player you have to worry about is Lozano. He really can be dangerous in counter attack and PSV will only play counter attack (that's the only gameplay they have). Luuk de Jong is a decent striker but he needs a lot of space for his actions... Sanchez could take care of him. I know I look at this from an outside perspective but I am truly convinced of an easy win for you.

A Mexican colleague of mine tells me he is called “El Chucky” (sounded “el choo-kee”) on their national team due to his resemblance to the character from the Child’s Play movies.

At the moment we simply cannot defend, no matter how inferior the opponent they will get at least two clear chances to score a goal.

We will need to score a minimum of 3 goals to win this game. We may not get a helpful linesman like we did on Saturday.

A Mexican colleague of mine tells me he is called “El Chucky” (sounded “el choo-kee”) on their national team due to his resemblance to the character from the Child’s Play movies.
That's correct, he is the player to keep an eye on. And maybe Bergwijn too, who didn't play in last game. But as I said, I expect spurs to win this game easily.

I think people expecting an easy game are in for a rude awakening, with the limited midfield options we have we aren't able to control games properly, we saw that against Wolves. Our midfield pair of Winks and Sissoko made 0 tackles and 0 interceptions, there was no protection for our defence and Wolves found it easy to play football.

Against PSV we had Dier and Dembele in the centre and we only started to get flimsy when Dembele went off and we lost a man. With both of them absent against Wolves we were flimsy in midfield for 90 minutes.

Expecting a bit of a ghost town with the amount of tickets floating about.

Can understand it - most people have written the CL off now and the Wembley malaise is at its peak.

Hugo (suspended), Dier, Rose, Vertonghen, Wanyama (injured but rehabbing), Moose (injured and assessing), Nkoudou, Foyth (not eligible), Janssen (locked away in some form of tower most likely) not part of the squad for PSV.

9 first team players missing, 8 if you do not count Vinny.

Hugo (suspended), Dier, Rose, Vertonghen, Wanyama (injured but rehabbing), Moose (injured and assessing), Nkoudou, Foyth (not eligible), Janssen (locked away in some form of tower most likely) not part of the squad for PSV.

Janssen doesn’t even have a shirt number so nobody should be counting him.

I don't even think Jansen's mum counts him anymore.

Nkoudou and Foyth are not first team players lol

Back
Top Bottom