Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is interesting and, me being a fan of his, disappointing.
I wonder how much that sort of stuff upsets a player? How big/fragile their egos are? If he’s upset about it then it’s surely another step to the exit - if none of them care in the slightest then maybe not important.
My love for a player very quickly turns to indifference if I feel that they are not 100% with the team. Toby and Danny Rose have both gone down in my estimation because of their behaviour. Danny is also not featured in the calendar.

My love for a player very quickly turns to indifference if I feel that they are not 100% with the team. Toby and Danny Rose have both gone down in my estimation because of their behaviour. Danny is also not featured in the calendar.

Curious who else didnt make the cut...

Kane
Hugo
Trippier
Davies
Jan
Dav
Dier
Eriksen
Dele

Son?
Lucas?
Dembele?
Winks?

don't know how much I would read into the calendar... we've seen players in new kit promo shots being sold and ones that were omitted stay. I expect there are a few factors at work here; image rights, unknown contract status, not so popular players with Junior Spurs (they will be the ones wanting it after all).

I always assumed Toby never had any issues with Spurs or the contract offer we provided him (Rumours were he was happy to accept what we gave him) but it's his agent that wants higher and pulled out the deal in the last minute as feels he can get better.

I always assumed Toby never had any issues with Spurs or the contract offer we provided him (Rumours were he was happy to accept what we gave him) but it's his agent that wants higher and pulled out the deal in the last minute as feels he can get better.

If Toby cant keep his agent in line then the buck stops with him regardless.

Actions speak louder than words, he should have signed his contract last season. Don't think we missed him that much last season and he's only been OK this. Think he will be gone, come the summer. Our future is Davy and Juan, IMO.
Interestingly enough, he is not featured in next year's official calendar!

Do you think he could play as a FB?

After Saturdays horror show we could do with one as Aurier doesn’t fill me with confidence and Danny isn’t fit!

Problem is that this is all rumour

Did he pull out of 5he deal at the last moment?

Of course his agent wants the best deal possible
That’s his job

I want him to sign asap

that's a very romantic notion and i admire it but i disagree, most players are mercenaries and the only thing i expect them to do is perform. These guys did not grow up as Spurs fans, they are professionals and as such are trying to get paid their market value.

I will even offer a counterargument, we are talking about a spurs player and you are indifferent towards him because of his contract situation, that's not very loyal either is it ? I just want to illustrate that loyalty in football is very rare, most fans arent at all loyal to players either.

Not that i would doubt your loyalty to Spurs :) Just illustrating that its the team that counts and how it performs/conducts itself on the pitch. Everything else is just redundant noise imo

that's a very romantic notion and i admire it but i disagree, most players are mercenaries and the only thing i expect them to do is perform. These guys did not grow up as Spurs fans, they are professionals and as such are trying to get paid their market value.

I will even offer a counterargument, we are talking about a spurs player and you are indifferent towards him because of his contract situation, that's not very loyal either is it ? I just want to illustrate that loyalty in football is very rare, most fans arent at all loyal to players either.

Not that i would doubt your loyalty to Spurs :) Just illustrating that its the team that counts and how it performs/conducts itself on the pitch. Everything else is just redundant noise imo

I get what you're saying, and yes,I'll be the first to admit that I'm not at all realistic when it comes to how I would like players to feel about playing for my beloved team. I try not to get emotionally attached to players for that reason but can't help always myself, some of them just draw you in. Following Tottenham is not a hobby or a pastime for me and most of the people on this forum, it is a full-blown passion. We wouldn't put up with all the crap that goes with it, if we didn't feel like that.
:dierpochhug:

Do you think he could play as a FB?

After Saturdays horror show we could do with one as Aurier doesn’t fill me with confidence and Danny isn’t fit!

Trippier has made a few mistakes of late. It happens.

He will come out of it a better playee but the default position should be the alternative right back and at present Aurier does not provide that.

Curious who else didnt make the cut...

Kane
Hugo
Trippier
Davies
Jan
Dav
Dier
Eriksen
Dele

Son?
Lucas?
Dembele?
Winks?

They included Poch next year - Mr January, no less. :thumbup:
Then Christian, Davy, Dele, Eric Dier, Harry Kane, Hugo, Jan, Tripps, Ben, Lucas, Sonny.
No Winks, Lamela or either Moussa.

I get what you're saying, and yes,I'll be the first to admit that I'm not at all realistic when it comes to how I would like players to feel about playing for my beloved team. I try not to get emotionally attached to players for that reason but can't help always myself, some of them just draw you in. Following Tottenham is not a hobby or a pastime for me and most of the people on this forum, it is a full-blown passion. We wouldn't put up with all the crap that goes with it, if we didn't feel like that.
:dierpochhug:
Agreed, I just decided long time ago that it’s about the club and the performances, Modric was the tipping point. Since his departure I realised that it’s about the game, not the passengers that play it :) cliche alert ...

That is interesting and, me being a fan of his, disappointing.
I wonder how much that sort of stuff upsets a player? How big/fragile their egos are? If he’s upset about it then it’s surely another step to the exit - if none of them care in the slightest then maybe not important.
He does enough publicity of his own on Instagram etc

Trippier has made a few mistakes of late. It happens.

He will come out of it a better playee but the default position should be the alternative right back and at present Aurier does not provide that.

Not sure Tripps will ever become a decent FB even with Poch coaching him
And it gives me no pleasure saying that
Needs to offer more than an ability to put the occasional decent cross in or free kick

Back
Top Bottom