Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The way Warnock and co were going on about Kane and the challenge, I thought there may be some controversy. It is most stonewall red card I have ever seen. Enjoy the championship Cardiff. Basically a quarter of the season has gone and you only have 2 points. I wonder if we will see a new record low.

Cry you classless cunt!!!!!! 2pts from 24 you utter useless cunt.

Amazing how easy the press is on him for someone doing so utterly shit. He has a pop at Kane (he's right about the sending off too, but shows no class at all), he's had a pop at the lino, he's had a pop at the ref, he's even has a pop at Wolves, what are they making you look even shite? I despise this wanker.......
Do2U1uiW0AEVP-C.jpg

I am guessing that aint real?!

It was a shitty day against the worst Premier League team in recent memory at a stadium that our supporters don’t want to be at for a match with an attendance cap. What did they expect the 83k that showed for Barca mid-week?

What a bunch of morons.

The way Warnock and co were going on about Kane and the challenge, I thought there may be some controversy. It is most stonewall red card I have ever seen. Enjoy the championship Cardiff. Basically a quarter of the season has gone and you only have 2 points. I wonder if we will see a new record low.
I don't think it's a red card one bit. It's as cynical foul as you will ever see, it's a yellow card all day long. I also think Kane's reaction led to him getting sent off, good!! Well done "H" I love you even more for it.

West Ham away
Man City wembley
Wolves away
Palace away
Chelsea (stadium tbc)
Woolwich away

The next six Premier League matches for us. The outcome from this run of games will confirm whether we're in a title race or just top four.

Who fucking cares. Just got in after a very long night in the local with a reealllllllly big bill with really good mates.

On the way out some bloke who I have never seen before in my life says are you ''the Yid" I'm like yeah....he shakes my hand. We leave.

WTF?

West Ham away
Man City wembley
Wolves away
Palace away
Chelsea (stadium tbc)
Woolwich away

The next six Premier League matches for us. The outcome from this run of games will confirm whether we're in a title race or just top four.

Fucking hell, that's a hard run of fixtures.

What doesn't show is that it's over the course of 21 days we have West Ham (A), PSV (A), Man City (H), West Ham (A), Wolves (A), PSV (H), Palace (A).

So we'll be playing on average a game every 3 days, with a potentially injury ravaged squad involving wo ridiculously important Champions League games.

I honestly think we could quite easily lose 4 of those fixtures. Which would be disastrous - but I'd take 9 points in all honesty.

Last edited:
West Ham away
Man City wembley
Wolves away
Palace away
Chelsea (stadium tbc)
Woolwich away

West Ham away 3
Man City wembley 1
Wolves away 1
Palace away 3
Chelsea (stadium tbc) 1
Woolwich away 1

I expect us to get +/- 10 points out of those 6 fixtures, but I don't think we are serious title contenders this season anyway, good hopes of finishing in the top-four though.

It was a shitty day against the worst Premier League team in recent memory at a stadium that our supporters don’t want to be at for a match with an attendance cap. What did they expect the 83k that showed for Barca mid-week?

What a bunch of morons.
It was sold out. I wanted to bring my family along but all available tickets were sold.

It's the people who insinuate that Sissoko gets blame that other players don't that really winds me up mate. I don't think I've ever seen a player so unsuitable in every single way to how a team is trying to play than Sissoko with us. I agree his effort can't be questioned and he seems a really good guy, but from a footballing sense he was an absolutely farcical buy, a fact most people called when we signed him, and we should have cut our losses and got rid the following Summer.

Meh...

I'm pretty sure i've seen numerous identical posts about Lamela in his thread.

We have to speed up our transitions if we want to really do well this season. We slowed down too many forward moves and let them get men behind the ball which just made it more difficult than it needed to be.

That said, 3 points is 3 points, and sleeper agent Mike Dean does not appear to have been compromised :levystare:

Roll on brothers and sisters.

COYS

Hairy’s Thoughts

1. Winks, Rose, Lucas, Toby all played well.
2. What’s up with Hugo? Looked shaky all match, seemed to bobble even the easy ones.
3. Red card all day for me on the Lucas “tackle”. That was vicious.
4. Sissoko looked above (his) average today.
5. Is it a badge of shame just to hoof it out of the back? Is it just plain machismo to pass our way out 80% of the time. Poch must absolutely drill that tactic into their respective skulls. Most defender natural tendency is to just get it the fuck out when in doubt.
6. This team looked like it couldn’t score in a Tijuana brothel. Bad luck, poor energy, lack of creativity, even against the worst team in the league with 10 men. Ugh.
7. To me, it looks the the off ball attackers are just trotting along and reacting of the player with the ball rather than running in to space allowing the possession player to react to the run.
8. It appears we have the backwards pass down to a science.

Point 5 is spot on. I don’t know if it’s Lloris, the midfield outlets not being there or our defenders not clicking on the triangles (maybe from the constantly changing lineups), but we’ve looked really shaky trying to play the ball out. Poch needs to sort this out.

We are not in the title race. And we won’t be. This year zero chance.

We could be as little as 2pts off Man City by the end of the day.

What exactly do we have to do for us to be considered title contenders? We’re always slow to start, yet we’re still right up there.

I’m not saying we’ll win it, but to say there’s ‘zero chance’ when we’re potentially two points behind the “best team to have ever played football”, is a bit premature.

Cant say I enjoyed that much. A win is a win but we could have made it easier on ourselves and killed them off. Dodgy 10 min spell in the first half, but after that basically in control without looking that dangerous.

Sonny is badly off form - just running about, losing the ball, poor touch and shots, unproductive dribbles and bad decision making. Need him back to his best.

Sissoko is such a limited footballer it boggles my mind he is earning a living at this level. Didnt do anything particularly wrong yesterday but hardly saying much.

Positives were definitely Winks and his charging bursts, and Kane and Rose looking sharp.

A lot of points on the board considering we have been well below par. Really think if we can get all the boys fit, others find some form, the boost of the new stadium, etc, we can push City...

Back
Top Bottom