Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

*BREAKING FIGHTING COCK NEWS*
Pochettino's Auto-Biographer writing bollocks and fabricating facts latest updated version ....

Claims of Poch wanting rid of certain players and expecting players of the highest calibre brought in this summer clearly not true.
Ultimatum that Levy replace unwanted players with equally good aternatives, or hire a new manager also false.

All cosy and rosy in the Levy/ Poch relationship

Court proceedings likely follwing withdrawal of book.
**FURTHER NEWS**

John Thomas of TFC calls Mauricio Pochettino a liar when claiming four times in his post-transfer window press conference that he is happy.

He chooses to believe the person that backs up his own theory rather than the man himself. Also claims Pochettino was coerced into signing a new 5 year contract. So not only does he claim Pochettino is a liar, but stupid too.

I hope you don't take that same attitude in all forms of life. Everyone's a liar then.

If Pochettino did give Levy an ultimatum, as you claim, why is he still here?

You have literally just said Poch has said get me players or find a new manager. Well, no new players are here. And Poch is.

So the ultimatum is bullshit? So Poch is also a man of little integrity who goes back on his word if you are to be believed.

So to conclude, John Thomas believes Mauricio Pochettino is a lying, unhappy, turncoat of a man in charge of Spurs.

That's quite the rabbit hole, John.

Last edited:
Fully expect to be seeing Mr Balague over the next month or so.
Always keep his work stuff off topic but so tempted to try and settle this argument. (I won’t though).

But I doubt Poch tells the truth 100% of the time, not how football (or life) works and I know Guillem needs to make a living so the truth........... is out there.

If Pochettino was unhappy, he would walk. He is a man, first and foremost, of integrity.

He wouldn't allow himself to be made a fool of. Some of you would do well to understand that.

"I am happy to keep all the squad together," said Pochettino.

"There were many rumours during the summer, about players out.

"The club made a massive effort to try and extend contracts of Harry Kane, just one example.

"The club is trying to finish the (new) stadium as soon as possible.

"It is difficult to understand for people in football that Tottenham didn't sign or didn't sell players - but sometimes in football, you need to behave different.

"We are happy with our squad and we cannot improve our squad. It is better to keep our squad all together, we believe a lot in our players.

"I don't like to talk about the players who are with other teams - I am happy with the squad, happy with the players.''

How many times must he say he is happy before you believe him, rather that projecting your own bullshit onto him?

Do you take him at his word or not?

**FURTHER NEWS**

John Thomas of TFC calls Mauricio Pochettino a liar when claiming four times in his post-transfer window press conference that he is happy.

He chooses to believe the person that backs up his own theory rather than the man himself. Also claims Pochettino was coerced into signing a new 5 year contract. So not only does he claim Pochettino is a liar, but stupid too.

I hope you don't take that same attitude in all forms of life. Everyone's a liar then.

If Pochettino did give Levy an ultimatum, as you claim, why is he still here?

You have literally just said Poch has said get me players or find a new manager. Well, no new players are here. And Poch is.

So the ultimatum is bullshit? So Poch is also a man of little integrity who goes back on his word if you are to be believed.

So to conclude, John Thomas believes Mauricio Pochettino is a lying, unhappy, turncoat of a man in charge of Spurs.

That's quite the rabbit hole, John.
The naivity on display here is staggering, really.

So when Poch is wheeled out in front of the cameras at the end of a transfer window where he received zero backing, and says he's happy with his squad it must mean he's happy with the whole situation.

But when his own ghost writer, penning a book on his behalf, reveals just last week, that Poch expected to be backed with players of the highest possible calibre, he must be lying.

You think accepting a £3.5million a year pay rise, before the transfer window even got going, proves Poch was delighted with the way the window supsequently played out.

You think by being brave he meant dont sign anyone.

You think every word ever uttered by any manager must be taken as unquestionable fact, never to doubted.
How fucking gullible is this shit.

Look, squeak, I know you had really tough time on here through the summer. Humiliated and discredited on so many occassions even I found it uncomfortable to see, so I'm guessing this is some kind last hurrah to regain some clout among your dwindling little fanclub
Because surely, surely you're not so naive and uber-gullible your posts above suggest
But it doesn't wash mate. It really isn't worth it.

Last edited:
The naivity on display here is staggering, really.

So when Poch is wheeled out in front of the cameras at the end of a transfer window where he received zero backing, and says he's happy with his squad it must mean he's happy with the whole situation.

But when his own ghost writer, penning a book on his behalf, reveals just last week, that Poch expected to be backed with players of the highest possible calibre, he must be lying.

You think accepting a £3.5million a year pay rise, before the transfer window even got going, proves Poch was delighted with the way the window supsequently played out.

You think by being brave he meant dont sign anyone.

You think every word ever uttered by any manager must be taken as unquestionable fact, never to doubted.
How fucking gullible is this shit.

Look, squeak, I know you had really tough time on here through the summer. Humiliated and discredited on so many occassions even I found it uncomfortable to see, so I'm guessing this is some kind last hurrah to regain some clout among your dwindling little fanbase
Because surely, surely you're not so naive and uber-gullible your posts above suggest
But it doesn't wash mate. It really isn't worth it.
There you have it ladies and gents. John believes Guillem Balague over Mauricio Pochettino.

Answer the question John.

If there was an ultimatum as you suggest. Get me better players or find a new manager, you say.

Why is Poch still here?

Either Poch is not a man of his word or the ultimatum didn't happen.

Choose.

As for dwindling fanbase. I've already taken one of you horsenoshers out. Too easy.

I think it's more than possible that Poch is pissed off but not enough that it's an immediate deal-breaker.

Ultimatum is the wrong word but I'm certain he argued strongly for it and believed the club would do their "best".

Does it matter now. For whatever reason nobody wanted to sign for us, or we could t sign anyone we wanted.
We couldn’t sell anyone either.
Yes he’s probably a bit pissed off and id suppose the scouts and Levy are too
If Pochettino is feeling betrayed then he won’t be around long. One thing that’s quite clear is that once trust has gone from the top, he will usually go.
They would have had a plan. They know what it was.

So we will either lose him or he’ll stay.

Does it matter now. For whatever reason nobody wanted to sign for us, or we could t sign anyone we wanted.
We couldn’t sell anyone either.
Yes he’s probably a bit pissed off and id suppose the scouts and Levy are too
If Pochettino is feeling betrayed then he won’t be around long. One thing that’s quite clear is that once trust has gone from the top, he will usually go.
They would have had a plan. They know what it was.

So we will either lose him or he’ll stay.
This is exactly it. Poch has a history of leaving clubs when the situation is not right. Southampton the prime example. Yet lil Jonny has no idea of Poch's history, nor of the man himself. If Poch was unhappy, he'd leave. He also is not the type to pay lip service.

When you choose to believe the opinions second hand from a journalist looking to sell a book rather from the man himself it shows how deep down the rabbit hole you've gone.

Poch is a respectful, caring coach. Not the lying turncoat he's being made out to be by supposed fans.

The fact they resort to denigrating our own manager's character to spout their bollocks says it all.

I personally feel January could be quite telling. If we're in our new stadium and have decent rights deals in place there will surely be funds to improve the squad. I know it's not the best window to pick up players but it's not impossible as we've seen. If we were to sign even just one decent player it could flip all this on it's head and show it was just a bump in the road. If not then perhaps that is the time to start worrying...

I personally feel January could be quite telling. If we're in our new stadium and have decent rights deals in place there will surely be funds to improve the squad. I know it's not the best window to pick up players but it's not impossible as we've seen. If we were to sign even just one decent player it could flip all this on it's head and show it was just a bump in the road. If not then perhaps that is the time to start worrying...
If we could nab N'dombele and do with him what we did with Moura I'd be happy. I'd also like to see a new LB.

There you have it ladies and gents. John believes Guillem Balague over Mauricio Pochettino.

Answer the question John.

If there was an ultimatum as you suggest. Get me better players or find a new manager, you say.

Why is Poch still here?

Either Poch is not a man of his word or the ultimatum didn't happen.

Choose.

As for dwindling fanbase. I've already taken one of you horsenoshers out. Too easy.
£8.5million a year may have something to do with it.
There's your answer, blue.
Are you gonna reel out a list of top managers for me now who simply walk out on lucrative contracts?
Poch may be magic, but he's also human.

Either the ultimatum happened, ot Poch is happy to let a bare-faced liar fabricate stories in his own book.

Choose.

And your actually proud that a fellow Spurs fan and TFC member felt forced into closing his account because of your abusive or insulting tone towards him?

Taken out by you. Your words.

What has this place become?
:avbfacepalm:

£8.5million a year may have something to do with it.
There's your answer, blue.
Are you gonna reel out a list of top managers for me now who simply walk out on lucrative contracts?
Poch may be magic, but he's also human.

Either the ultimatum happened, ot Poch is happy to let a bare-faced liar fabricate stories in his own book.

Choose.

And your actually proud that a fellow Spurs fan and TFC member felt forced into closing his account because of your abusive or insulting tone towards him?

Taken out by you. Your words.

What has this place become?
:avbfacepalm:
Hey man, you're the one chatting about dwindling fanbases. Don't start nuttin', won't be nuttin'. You noshers can't handle it. Even 6 on 1. So much for safety in numbers.

It's is revealing that you ally yourself with a guy who mocked a Spurs players' mental health and abused him every chance he got. But that's you, isn't it John? You're willing to piss all over anything and everything Spurs for a little bump of your ego. It's why you rally around anyone who echoes your point, even if they are a gooner, even if they've abused you previously. You need the validation. One minute you're slagging Spurs legend Glenn Hoddle off (Glenn with two n's John) and the next when he says something you agree with, suddenly he's your boy again. You're a turncoat, John.

I see you haven't answered the question again. Is it fear of the answer or what?

Here, I'll answer your question. Show you how it's done. Poch has no control over what Guillem Balugue puts out, if he chooses to. He has influence, but if Poch was to say don't put something out, Balague can just say no. In the first iteration of the book, Poch spoke on it, put his blessing on it. He hasn't in this update as far as I can see. Does that not say something to you?

I'll also answer another question of managers that have walked out on lucrative contracts. Seeing as your football knowledge is so poor you can't think of them yourself.

Jose Mourinho
Pep Guardiola
Zinedine Zidane
Arsene Wenger
Carlos Quieroz
Jacques Santini

Would you like more? No magic, just humans. So, I destroy your answer with facts once more.

This is what happens, John, when your opponent knows more than you and all you have is unverifiable opinionated conjecture and I have fact.

Now, answer the question, if you aren't too scared.

You've doubled down on saying there is an ultimatum. But then you're saying Poch didn't go through with it because he's paid well.

So you're saying the ultimatum was all bluster and Levy called his bluff and Poch bottled it?

Christ, not only are you content on pissing on Spurs at every opportunity, you're now pissing on the man that has improved us no end in his time here.

You aren't Spurs. You think you are because you pay moeny to go. But that's all your life is, about the money. Money is validation for you. Whether it's Spurs spending it, or you. If you spend, you're valued by John.

Proper Spurs SUPPORT the club through thick and thin, the football, the manager and the players, and take enjoyment from it without haven't to resort to this bullshit.

The club would be better off without the likes of you following it.

Gotta say his body language yesterday didn’t look great for someone who wants to win a trophy . Just sat there with his finger on his lips . Could just be reading too much into it . But he really doesn’t look a happy bunny , obviously because our form isn’t great , but he is saying very odd things . This Gilliam ballaque comments come as no surprise . No manager would be happy with that summer transfer window . January will be no better either .
The more mourinho implodes aswell , the more worried I get .

Gotta say his body language yesterday didn’t look great for someone who wants to win a trophy . Just sat there with his finger on his lips . Could just be reading too much into it . But he really doesn’t look a happy bunny , obviously because our form isn’t great , but he is saying very odd things . This Gilliam ballaque comments come as no surprise . No manager would be happy with that summer transfer window . January will be no better either .
The more mourinho implodes aswell , the more worried I get .
Manager looks unhappy during poor performance.

More on this sensational news at 10.

It’s ‘you’re’ and he didn’t close his account because of SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur , that was an excuse, he closed his account because he was called out on his laughable assessment of Lamela’s shooting. There was no way back after that, and especially not now.

Back
Top Bottom