Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn't really make any saves he shouldn't be expected to make.
He stood with his feet in treacle for the 2 goals at Watford, Punched the ball like a little cissy for liverpools first, and tottered around his line like a drunkard for the second. Not good enough.
This. I’m not one to be too critical of any of our players but some people seem to think parrying away shots straight at you classes as ‘good saves’

Nail on head - it's the total lack of effort that was shown which is the real punch in the face.

I've seen the highlights but they only show you what the camera sees - looking up and down the pitch it really was like no one gave a toss - no one was breaking their back to win balls or even be the first to the ball. It kind of summed it up when Rose was taking throw ins and no one was offering him anything - they were all just standing there static!

With 20 minutes to go the players had all but given up - 20 minutes!!!! That's an age in football. No way they can hold their heads up and honestly say that they gave it their all.

Agree, I can handle losing to the better team, don't think any of us have that issue who have supported spurs over the years! But today it was the performance levels that really irked me.

A great example was two nil down, dembele receives the ball, turns to go forward and then checks to play the sideways pass, it was not just him, Toby, dier and eriksen were at it a few minutes later on the half way line......no urgency, no desire, no drive...nothing

Agree, I can handle losing to the better team, don't think any of us have that issue who have supported spurs over the years! But today it was the performance levels that really irked me.

A great example was two nil down, dembele receives the ball, turns to go forward and then checks to play the sideways pass, it was not just him, Toby, dier and eriksen were at it a few minutes later on the half way line......no urgency, no desire, no drive...nothing

We were so slow bringing the ball out from the back that we allowed them to press us and force us into errors.

Also, 90 minutes on the clock, we have a goal kick. No urgency, no rush to get forward, just a short pass that ended with them having a great chance for a third seconds later.

Up at 0330 this morning for work. Back too late to either attend in person or watch live, so kept all devices switched off and planned to watch when I got home.

Enter the house to find one child in tears (month and a half old, understandable) and the other one tearing the place to pieces (two years old, perhaps understandable but very much discouraged). Just about put them and the wife back together again before putting the match on.

Immediate sense of inevitability sets in, only compounded by their first goal. Struggle on through the second half but older child swan dives off the sofa and requires immediate - although fortunately not medical - attention.

Realise I just cannot be arsed. TV off. Just the hint of a twitch of the raising of an eyebrow when seeing we got one back. Absolutely insipid, and though I know it was worse back then because it was the norm rather than an anomaly, was reminded of how I felt at times under AVB.

Thorough waste of time, with hindsight only tempered by the fact that I would have felt much worse had I been slogging my way back out of Wembley.

A gash day. COYS.

Exactly. And this is indicative of attitude and passion.

Tbh even the mistakes just oozed a poor attitude. All unforced errors throughout the game. I've never seen us this bad. Lack of fight, not chasing down the opposition or lose balls. We should be ashamed. Such a big game and against a rival. Poch questioned the attitude after united, then saw it again against Watford. Then we go and do that today. Even worse on motd. Is it because Toby has come back in? Or vorm plays and we lose? We look dodgy defending set pieces. Just so many worrying signs. All need a kick up the fucking ass. Hope poch gives them.all triple training and no days off (except Harry, he needs it)

Last edited:
Everyone got sucked into the hype.

Why is it that Son, Lamela and Moura will never receive the accolades of Kane, Dele and Eriksen, even if they outperform them for a year?

It’s actually criminal that Son isn’t first name on the team sheet in attack, but no one gives a fuck.

“Awww little Sonny always smiling he won’t leave”

While everyone shits their pants that Eriksen will walk.
I know who I’d play next week.
Kane is the golden boot winner or thereabouts every season you utter fucking cunt so no he is not the reason Ben Davies hasn't won a cup yet.

Clearly their fault Davies and Trippier haven't won a cup yet

DnJZdhZW4AAaHS7.jpg

No badge on Tobys shirt.

Makes sense. Because that wasn't Tottenham out there today.

Yeah, he has been, but aren’t you even slightly concerned with his current form? He looks lost.
I am a little concerned but I'm still patient.

My problem is Sammy's general argument. He's implying that players like Davies, Trippier or Son etc are the consistent hardworking unsung heroes regularly doing the business whilst our so-called star players let us down in the key moments.

Absolute bollocks as usual. If we were to find a way to ascertain what each player contributed by looking at tangible variables such as goals, assists, key passes and general eye test we can see that Kane is phenomenal and been sensational for us. Lead goal scorer in Europe last calendar year. That's WOW.

Eriksen right up there with the David Silva, Ozil type production. A wizard who would improve any team in Europe.

Then you have jokers like Dele outperforming Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham.

Has Ben Davies done at LB what Kane has done at CF? Or has <squad player> done for us what Eriksen has over the years?

Sick of this degenerate blaming our best players for not contributing more so we can punch even more above our weight.

I wouldn't mind the twat if he was full anti-signing and supported what we had but he's a fickle reactionary blaming game playing moron

Usual crowd of 'fans' celebrating a loss ... do some of them have their anti-spurs pieces pre-written? they get them up so fast ....

No question it was a poor performance, but that doesn't suddenly make every player shit, or Poch the worst manager in the league .... despite what our resident trolls want you to believe ...

Listening to the Liverpool hype hurts, this classic "100% it was a penalty but they didn't deserve it" ... so refs now only give decisions teams deserve? so obviously not against Liverpool ....

Can't take away the fact Liverpool won, fair pay to them, but they weren't that good not even close to City levels on today's showing ... we just look like a team going through the motions, let's hope we can raise ourselves in the CL ... we are all suffering from 'construction fatigue' for now the club, players, and fans just need to tick along until we finally get into NWHL .....

Winks is no better than Mason or Bentaleb (Bentaleb probably was better). Never been impressed with him at all. We should have made a proper CM signing to replace Dembele as he gets older. Hopefully Wanyama gets fit and we can go with Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela as our starters with Dembele coming on after 60 mins.
I think that's harsh on Winks, the lad needs a run of games injury free. But yes, we desperately needed to sign a CM and a striker. I think not doing so means we are in for a long season

I think that's harsh on Winks, the lad needs a run of games injury free. But yes, we desperately needed to sign a CM and a striker. I think not doing so means we are in for a long season
Is it harsh though? Not talking about you or anything ..but people tend to get overexcited by academy players.

Its not like hes some tough tackler like Dier, Mousa, Wanyama and he doesnt have the passing ability of Eriksen or Lamela either. Havent seen great pace or anything like Son/Lucas. And not a goalscorer like Kane/Alli. Just dont see him as good enough for the team.

Last season he got 1 assist to his name from 1200 pl/cl minutes. Sissoko had 2 assists and a goal. in slightly more minutes. Some people haaate on Sissoko as if he screwed their mums but players who came from the academy are superstars while playing no better.

Back
Top Bottom