Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jansen was one of our worst moves ever it feels like. He was never, and will never be up to our standards. Whats up with us not getting a decent second striker?

Biggest problem with being a second striker at Spurs is game time.

It's hard to keep fresh and match fit when you're not getting any minutes. Llorente doesn't go from a 15 goal a season striker to scoring 1 league goal for one of the best teams he's played for.

That's why our back up striker needs to be someone who can play outwide as well as uptop because they're likely to get minutes as a wide player whilst Kane starts. Like Son for example. Martial would have been smart.

Hell, I wouldn't even be against Dele playing up top or as a false 9 for us.

Jansen was one of our worst moves ever it feels like. He was never, and will never be up to our standards. Whats up with us not getting a decent second striker?

Probably because no top striker wants to sit on the bench every week.

I still think Vincent is a decent striker, but those early misses seemed to condemn him, he was trying too hard to make it happen. Usually you would want to give the guy time but the standard is high for strikers and they are judged on goals scored. Nothing else.

Biggest problem with being a second striker at Spurs is game time.

It's hard to keep fresh and match fit when you're not getting any minutes. Llorente doesn't go from a 15 goal a season striker to scoring 1 league goal for one of the best teams he's played for.

That's why our back up striker needs to be someone who can play outwide as well as uptop because they're likely to get minutes as a wide player whilst Kane starts. Like Son for example. Martial would have been smart.

Hell, I wouldn't even be against Dele playing up top or as a false 9 for us.

Dele's 'space invader' runs are more centre forward-ish than our actual centre forward a lot of the time.

How the fuck did he get injured?

Not entirely sure but was his loan spell at Fenerbache not ruined due to a "near career ending" injury?

Can't say I remember where I read it to even begin questioning the credibility but it was about 2-3 months ago off the top of my head.

Doesn't look good I must if half believed the source to be real as I was really surprised for his injury to be brought up again like fresh news.

As far as I know he might actually not ever be able to make a comeback.

I sincerely hope not. Ok he didn't light anything up but he worked hard and does no one remember how happy his team mates were when he scored?

I really hope I'm wrong

Really fucks me off when someone adds to this thread and it gets bumped up.

I just want to forget we ever signed him, I wish the mods would delete this thread. It’s like reliving the nightmares of Soldado...!

Probably because no top striker wants to sit on the bench every week.

I still think Vincent is a decent striker, but those early misses seemed to condemn him, he was trying too hard to make it happen. Usually you would want to give the guy time but the standard is high for strikers and they are judged on goals scored. Nothing else.
Especially at a club competing in multiple competitions and expecting to go far/finishing high.

5-6 years ago Vincent Janssen would have been given more patience by us

Not entirely sure but was his loan spell at Fenerbache not ruined due to a "near career ending" injury?

Can't say I remember where I read it to even begin questioning the credibility but it was about 2-3 months ago off the top of my head.

Doesn't look good I must if half believed the source to be real as I was really surprised for his injury to be brought up again like fresh news.

As far as I know he might actually not ever be able to make a comeback.

I sincerely hope not. Ok he didn't light anything up but he worked hard and does no one remember how happy his team mates were when he scored?

I really hope I'm wrong

Janssen got a fractured ankle in December which kept him out until early April, which I think resulted in Fenerbache terminating the loan in December.

Can't find on the net any real news since then except these reports of a recurrence of the ankle problem 24 hours ago, other than he wasn't included in Spurs pre-season despite Spurs shortage of first team players at that time..

Back
Top Bottom