Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was a bit of a dick move to refuse a loan to Brighton, but we can't really blame him for anything, he is just not good enough and I have never met a Spurs fan (here or elsewhere) who hates Janssen, which would be ridiculous anyway.

Can only speak for myself but being shit at football alone is not enough unlock my hate-locker.

Re: Brighton...

A permanent transfer may be a different proposition, but anyone that expects a loan move to Fener over an EPL club (newly promoted or not) to be more beneficial is severely ill-informed.

Naive? Badly advised?

I find it hard to translate it to be a 'cunt' move on his part.

Alasdair Gold‏Verified account @AlasdairGold
Looks like Vincent Janssen's foot injury is the same one that kept him out for months last season. Not good for him or Spurs. Surgery is always a last resort, but does seem like many of the club's recent longer term injuries have all had to end with surgery months after the issue

Alasdair Gold‏Verified account @AlasdairGold
Looks like Vincent Janssen's foot injury is the same one that kept him out for months last season. Not good for him or Spurs. Surgery is always a last resort, but does seem like many of the club's recent longer term injuries have all had to end with surgery months after the issue
Got injured on loan in December.

What’s his point really, that Spurs are reluctant to do surgery on injuries that do not automatically require it until all other options are exhausted?
That’s the definition of last resort isn’t it?
It’s how it should be.

Poor lad.

Glad our club isn't quick to put players under the knife unlike others that do........
sport-preview-santi-cazorla.jpg

What’s his point really, that Spurs are reluctant to do surgery on injuries that do not automatically require it until all other options are exhausted?
It’s how it should be.

More hollow, non-exclusive nothingness from Mr Gold.

It’s how it should be.
Alasdair seems to miss the point. To me it seems pretty obvious from Vincent' post that it was the doctors in Turkey who said that he did not need surgery, and once he came back to us our doctors told him the opposite

I thought it was a bit of a dick move to refuse a loan to Brighton, but we can't really blame him for anything, he is just not good enough and I have never met a Spurs fan (here or elsewhere) who hates Janssen, which would be ridiculous anyway.
That Brighton move came on the last day of the transfer window when he was away on International duty. He did not have the time to fully decide. He was expecting to be back up to Kane and then we bought Llorente. Do not blame him for declining but he was realistic enough to go to Turkey rather than stay at Spurs and get paid but not play.

It's hard to dislike the guy because he is proper Spurs, but the clueless nature of his reporting at times gets incredibly irritating.

Have no reason to dislike the guy, just somewhat at odds with the notion that just because he's Spurs he somehow makes for a credible/insightful, ahem, journalist.

Yet to see anything to separate him from the rest of the pseudo-ITK fluff we get inundated with.

Understandable as to why he isn't seen in training.

But he wasn't even given a club number so the club either know he will never be fit this season or his career here is done.

Shame about the surgery.

What a cunt thing to say. Shit or not he's still Spurs.

Well technically he is our player but do you think he will ever wear our uniform again? I really doubt it. He's quite clearly on his way out.

He's an investment that's not paid off and is going to cost us however many millions we paid for him. Considering how much we've lost on him, I find it impossible to see him in a good light, especially now that he's almost certain not to play for us again.

Well technically he is our player but do you think he will ever wear our uniform again? I really doubt it. He's quite clearly on his way out.

He's an investment that's not paid off and is going to cost us however many millions we paid for him. Considering how much we've lost on him, I find it impossible to see him in a good light, especially now that he's almost certain not to play for us again.
Why didn't you bother to spell your username correctly? It's always bugged me

[QUOTE="
I did try to change it but I don't think you can.

:pochfacepalm:[/QUOTE]
Oh God I can put my gripe in here now. I didn't even choose my name. Must have left it blank and admin said yeah well this will do. Silly fucking name. My own fault of course.

Poor guy... Seems he is feeling optimistic now though and maybe he will be able to come back and do a job. I like him, great attitude and always tried hard - thought he was a better fit for us than Llorente tbh, just a bit unlucky
I feel very sorry (well, as much as you can for a bloke earning that much money) for players like Vincent, Soldado and even Bentley who are so obviously desperate to play well and end up getting worse the longer the run goes and they tighten and tighten up.

I feel very sorry (well, as much as you can for a bloke earning that much money) for players like Vincent, Soldado and even Bentley who are so obviously desperate to play well and end up getting worse the longer the run goes and they tighten and tighten up.

I heard that Bentley was more interested in running his nightclubs than playing football. I’m sure there’s an interview where he said he retired because he’d lost all interest in the sport.

Back
Top Bottom