Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such a well run club....3 weeks until the season begins, 4 first teamers in training, no new signings, Toby unsecured and dembele on his way.

What could go wrong?

Levy has really fucked up by assembling a squad of top class international players many of whom made it to the latter stages of the World Cup.

If only he'd had the foresight to keep us shit we wouldn't be in this situation.......it's a fucking joke

Levy has really fucked up by assembling a squad of top class international players many of whom made it to the latter stages of the World Cup.

If only he'd had the foresight to keep us shit we wouldn't be in this situation.......it's a fucking joke

Brilliant...and now its over??? shall we just forfeit the first 4 games 3-0 so they are well rested and ready for the rest of the season or are we going to ditch it in at Christmas when all our players have hammys?

The half decent second 11 plan would work, except you are moaning that our first teamers are absent....

I imagine we have loads of second string players available

Built a half decent second eleven?
To be really honest, I'm not sure that we haven't. Call me crazy, but an opening day line up like this isn't that bad:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier/KWP, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Eriksen, Moura, Llorente][/formation]

Honestly, given Gazzinaga and Vorm's displays in the past, even if Hugo was still on vacation, I wouldn't be put out.

To be really honest, I'm not sure that we haven't. Call me crazy, but an opening day line up like this isn't that bad:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier/KWP, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Eriksen, Moura, Llorente][/formation]

Honestly, given Gazzinaga and Vorm's displays in the past, even if Hugo was still on vacation, I wouldn't be put out.

So vertongen, Sanchez, Lloris and eriksen are in your second 11? Even with them in that team gets slaughtered by any of the top six.

So vertongen, Sanchez, Lloris and eriksen are in your second 11? Even with them in that team gets slaughtered by any of the top six.
We don't really have a second eleven. It's rather silly to think of the squad in that way. We have a squad of contracted players, and we field whoever Pochettino feels is the best available options on a given match day.

Now, I don't see that team getting slaughtered by the others in the top 6. City and LFC would be a tough ask, but that is pretty similar to what we used to dick over Chelsea away last year, and it would certainly give Mourinho plenty of shit to worry about at MUFC. Against Woolwich I'd have no fear at all.

I realize you don't back most of our players, but I don't really care. I do, and I think they can play damn well when given the chance. Certainly after Winks did a number on Real Madrid I don't fear him starting against any team in the PL.

Name one club with a 2nd 11 that can beat top 6 clubs? That's a ludicrous statement. If we had a 2nd 11 that was good enough to finish top 6 we'd boss even Citeh.

Real Madrid doesn't have a 2nd 11 that could finish top 6 in the PL.

Name one club with a 2nd 11 that can beat top 6 clubs? That's a ludicrous statement. If we had a 2nd 11 that was good enough to finish top 6 we'd boss even Citeh.

Real Madrid doesn't have a 2nd 11 that could finish top 6 in the PL.
Also, we are not playing a top 6 side in our first two games.

Rose barely featured in World Cup, same with Dier & Dembele. If Alderweireld stays he too hardly played last year so should be fresh as a daisy.

Last edited:
It is impossible to pick the opening day team now. I do not think it would be sensible to play all of the players involved in the last weekend but some will play including Lloris and Kane. As to the other it will depend on how well they are training and how well they played in the pre season matches. We never play well in August anyway and I have low expectations this season. Do not expect the team to start playing to recent standards until after the international break.

Back
Top Bottom