Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find the nature and timing of Cullen’s intervention on behalf of ENIC and Levy a tad concerning.

Her statements read a little like a Minister backing Teresa May while almost everyone else is thinking “odd buzzard has no fucking clue” she is a lot like that Home Secretary who was in the “cult of May” until the Windrush took her away.......

Joking aside.

It is the wider narrative that is troubling me Daniel is misunderstood. Daniel tries hard. Daniel backs his managers.

There is probably a lot of truth in her statements, but in retort there must also be an element of understanding that it’s his job to try hard and back HIS appointments - which clearly he has not always done - and it’s his job to succeed.

I personally am not sure applauding people for doing their job, however well, is what should be happening. So where is she coming from and why now ??

The major suggestion from Cullen (& also our manager now) is that they might not sign any players. And that somehow youth like Luke Amos is an answer. In no way am I knocking Luke Amos, but Cullen referencing youth players by name seems to me to be adding a narrative that underpins the continued “Austerity” that Levy’s regime thrives on. I don’t think any of us want the club to go mad, but not to add to the squad at all, at this stage, seems very risky.

PS. Donna Maria - reminds me of a very talented Actress (not in looks) I think she was called Donna Marie. It’s only a name thing. Those where the days :tobyarm:

Can't believe the way some of you give Levy a complete pass over the way the club is run despite making numerous mistakes over the years.

I get the feeling the new stadium is going to be used to distract people from the fact there has been a lack of investment in the one area that needs it the most. You all enjoy the new stadium while watching that donkey Sissoko putting in his usual poor performance.

Can't believe the way some of you give Levy a complete pass over the way the club is run despite making numerous mistakes over the years.

I get the feeling the new stadium is going to be used to distract people from the fact there has been a lack of investment in the one area that needs it the most. You all enjoy the new stadium while watching that donkey Sissoko putting in his usual poor performance.

Love that this post was disliked by a poster called 'Daniel' who has a pic of Daniel Levy as their avatar : )

and other clubs buy players to distract people from the fact that they aren't investing in the clubs facilities.

FFS have you seen West Ham's training ground? It's a few porter cabins on an industrial estate

Haven't seen that anyway. Just seen Poch saying the club is doing everything it can
That is people guessing and putting things together in their own heads.

Poch makes comment about being brave
Fans equal that to "We are signing early and signing big"
Club does not sign early
Fans assume Levy is lying to Pochettino and pulling the whool over his eyes.

Note here that Pochettino has a masters degree in sports management and knows how a club of our size is run both in a administrative and sporting sense so pulling whool over his eyes would be a massive feat.

TLDR= People assume that since we aren't signing big and early Levy lied to Pochettino despite there being no proof of it.

People on both sides of the argument are interpreting Pochettino's comments in a way they see fit their respective narrative when Occam's razor would instead say that the club is working hard on transfers but have had deals fall through or yet to hit a deal that both the manager and chariman are comfortable with.

A club whose objective is to win the Premier League is going to blithely put out a ramshackle mess of a side against Newcastle, once again inviting the slow start which has scuppered multiple title challenges already?

or

A club with a commitment to youth development, intelligent transfer market arbitrage, and sensible budgeting is banging its head against the wall in competitions it can't win and ignoring multiple others that it can?

or, frankly

A manager whose ambition points toward the absolute apex of the sport is hitching his wagon to a chairman who is categorically unwilling to give him the financial firepower necessary to achieve those objectives?

One of those paradoxes is true.

Or could it be that both parties are completely on the same page...wanting to improve the squad...understanding how hard it has become...and not being willing to overspend?

That would be #2

Has Levy ever not actually delivered what he said he would?

- new training ground
- consistent CL football
- new stadium

It all just takes him longer than people sat on their sofa think it should.

Sorted. Not calling you out, but those are all monumental undertakings the level of which, from the truly elite facilities build up to bootstrapping a middle table club into the thick of things at the business end of the PL, that no one else in football has accomplished. So it's really impossible to say how long it should take, as there's no relevant comparison.

:dierpochhug:

Sorted. Not calling you out, but those are all monumental undertakings the level of which, from the truly elite facilities build up to bootstrapping a middle table club into the thick of things at the business end of the PL, that no one else in football has accomplished. So it's really impossible to say how long it should take, as there's no relevant comparison.

I was using his own time estimates really, which iirc were 5-10 years from buying the club - it's actually taken 17 years.

It is truly a remarkable and singular achievement to have taken Alan Sugar and George Graham's Spurs and turned them into late Wenger Woolwich.

But we've learned a lesson from late Wenger Woolwich. Simply as a commercial proposition, the center cannot hold on charging the highest ticket prices in the world, not competing with the world elite, and hauling in enormous profits year after year. That's Levy's next challenge, one of those three has to give.

The challenges don't stop. You're never finished.

Carlito Brigante said:
If he's still here in two years time I'll eat my own shit.

Good luck Mauricco

actu-amanda-holden-enchante-les-fans-dans-une-video-danniversaire-sexy-pour-son-mari-chris.gif

Construction projects get delayed. So fuck.
This isn't a nice wee extension to give you that extra bedroom. It's a complex and unique build. Doubt Levy's contracts management team are idiots, so I'm sure the club will be suitably protected.

Back
Top Bottom