Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have Sissoko (who you fucking hate) who is on the verges of the squad of the team that won the tournament

Even Trippier was one of the star performers

How shit would our squad players need to be to guarantee they weren't called up???

They need to be and enough to not be picked for their national teams, but also good enough to beat the top 6

Basically we need to find world beaters who come from tiny countries like panama... oh wait, Costa Rica... nope... damn it’ll get harder next tournament as well!

They need to be and enough to not be picked for their national teams, but also good enough to beat the top 6

Basically we need to find world beaters who come from tiny countries like panama... oh wait, Costa Rica... nope... damn it’ll get harder next tournament as well!

I'm actually in CR right now and watched a bit of local football on the tv.
I think it was between two universities in CR and Panama.
The skill level I found to be surprisingly high! I thought it was much better than any MLS or Mexican League games I've ever watched.
I found myself thinking "I sure hope we have some official scouts watching these games"!

Its even reaching the lower level ITK:

I am a passionate fan, which exceeds 50 years, and I have seen a lot first hand. You can put it on a biscuit tin Poch was given assurances, to which I won’t recycle, as we know what they were.

I understand the comments about not paying what we deem OTT in players like Zaha. I stated that our kitty is what it is, but inflation is seen nowhere like our sport. Now if Palace want 65m for him, and 1 or 2 players are thrown in, with us paying say 40m, then pay the farking thing on instalments agreed. And that is how Parish operates.

We have been farting around too long. Announcement/s Monday-Wednesday still stands. I wait with baited breath. Yes! I was optimistic earlier, but less so now. I am not going to bs anybody. You deserve to know the truth.

Hopefully this leaks, and club gets wind, and up there game. And anyone who believes that a certain person is ‘belly happy’, you are then deluded. Many things I would love to say but can’t

Sounds to me that Levy has fucked up by playing his my dicks bigger than yours game he likes to play, it's backfired and now he's hiding behind Donna Cullen for damage limitation should he not make amends for his mess generated purely by his own ego.

The disappointing thing is that this Donna Cullen, whoever she is has hit something straight back at our manager to have to deal with, which if is the case is richly undeserved.

It all looks a bit amateur, set up and short sighted. If Pochettino has been asked to adhere to a script like it does initially seem to be, it smacks of small club mentality and could do more harm than good.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and everything is good and moving along like a well run club behind the scenes, but I smell a rat with this one in case the shit hits the fan

I guess it's just kinda tough to square Poch's bravado about competing to win the league and Champions League, with total disregard for the cups, his loyalty to Levy, and Levy's approach to running the club. Any two together make sense, but then the third seems to render it incoherent.

A club whose objective is to win the Premier League is going to blithely put out a ramshackle mess of a side against Newcastle, once again inviting the slow start which has scuppered multiple title challenges already?

or

A club with a commitment to youth development, intelligent transfer market arbitrage, and sensible budgeting is banging its head against the wall in competitions it can't win and ignoring multiple others that it can?

or, frankly

A manager whose ambition points toward the absolute apex of the sport is hitching his wagon to a chairman who is categorically unwilling to give him the financial firepower necessary to achieve those objectives?

One of those paradoxes is true.

Or could it be that both parties are completely on the same page...wanting to improve the squad...understanding how hard it has become...and not being willing to overspend?

I believe the money is there - the new contracts indicate that - but I also believe that neither Levy or Poch will pay silly money for a transfer.

Poch says that he wants player a, b and c. Levy says ok but then returns and says that the selling clubs want x, y and z. Both Poch and Levy agree that is too much so look around for different targets which takes more time.

There can be disappointment with business in this window without tension between them.

Or could it be that both parties are completely on the same page...wanting to improve the squad...understanding how hard it has become...and not being willing to overspend?

I believe the money is there - the new contracts indicate that - but I also believe that neither Levy or Poch will pay silly money for a transfer.

Poch says that he wants player a, b and c. Levy says ok but then returns and says that the selling clubs want x, y and z. Both Poch and Levy agree that is too much so look around for different targets which takes more time.

There can be disappointment with business in this window without tension between them.
Exactly. I think Poch probably understands that the money for a Foyth or Gazzaniga (or improved wages to retain a Kane, Son, Alli, etc.) basically comes from the savings Levy generates by being a tough negotiator in the high profile deals.

It's ridiculous to believe Poch suddenly thought he was renewing his contract with Real Tottenham Citeh, or that Levy thought he could pull the wool over his managers' eyes and all would be ok.

If there’s any truth in this , which I highly doubt as Levy knows that Pochy-boo boo is the best thing to happen to this club in a generation , but IF there’s any truth then Poch will be gone next season.

That’s why I think it’s tosh

Back
Top Bottom