Tottenham pubs that have closed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did The Antwerp have a bunch of Tottenham related pictures on the wall or am I thinking of somewhere else? I was trying to find a pub I went to with my dad a few years back, I seemed to remember it was in that sort of area nearish WHL station but that's all I can remember?

Used to get my post match pint in the Antwerp. I had heard they were getting grief for serving under age - whether that had anything to do with it is unlikely but it looked like it was going to get more than a slap on the wrist.

You can always go to the Bill Nich - get a couple of cans from the newsagent and stand outside (if you're a pikey - which I sometimes am).

Jolly Oli said:
Did The Antwerp have a bunch of Tottenham related pictures on the wall or am I thinking of somewhere else? I was trying to find a pub I went to with my dad a few years back, I seemed to remember it was in that sort of area nearish WHL station but that's all I can remember?

it was on Church Road overlooking Bruce Castle Park

I miss it

Talking of the Brickies... did anyone else get their photo with the FAke Cup on Tuesday?? It was doing the rounds, and seemed to get everyone in the Cup atmosphere... it was like 1981-82 in there all over again!!

1882 said:
Talking of the Brickies... did anyone else get their photo with the FAke Cup on Tuesday?? It was doing the rounds, and seemed to get everyone in the Cup atmosphere... it was like 1981-82 in there all over again!!

Did before the Stevenage game :defoe2:

The guy carrying it around was a right sweaty git

1882 said:
Is that the same guy who had the European cup last year?

1882 said:
He's been down there a lot this season. Different bloke from the CL trophy. It's a good laugh really, watching people put the lid on their heads, old-school style. As long as they don't drop it and dent it like Ossie did with the real one!

Jolly Oli said:

I reckon you are thinking of the Coach and Horses. Its diagonally opposite what was Bootlaces. They have tons of memoribilia in there. The owner is a season ticket holder and he used to own Bootlaces till he sold it to the deadbeats who managed to turn it into a fucking chicken shop.

The Coach has a massive beer garden too. Decent boozer for match days.

Can anyone help? I've recently moved house and am now living close to Bruce Grove Station. I've been spending my time/wasting my life trying to piece together the pubs I remember going to after games. Found the 'No 8' (formerly 'The Bell & Hare'). Found the recently renovated 'The Bluecoats' (formerly the pretty grim 'The Pride of Tottenham'). There is one pub though I can't find - one I remember my Spurs supporting/season ticket owning former-boss taking me to before the Chelsea-Tottenham 1-1 back in December 2011. I remember the pub being busy (we had to stand) and the bar I believe was on the right hand side if you were looking in...Anyone know if that could have been 'Bootlaces'? Or does anyone have any interior 'Bootlaces' photos? I remember the pub being close to White Hart Lane station and is not 'The Bricklayers' - thanks!!

I reckon you are thinking of the Coach and Horses. Its diagonally opposite what was Bootlaces. They have tons of memoribilia in there. The owner is a season ticket holder and he used to own Bootlaces till he sold it to the deadbeats who managed to turn it into a fucking chicken shop.

The Coach has a massive beer garden too. Decent boozer for match days.

My usual haunt before a match.

Can anyone help? I've recently moved house and am now living close to Bruce Grove Station. I've been spending my time/wasting my life trying to piece together the pubs I remember going to after games. Found the 'No 8' (formerly 'The Bell & Hare'). Found the recently renovated 'The Bluecoats' (formerly the pretty grim 'The Pride of Tottenham'). There is one pub though I can't find - one I remember my Spurs supporting/season ticket owning former-boss taking me to before the Chelsea-Tottenham 1-1 back in December 2011. I remember the pub being busy (we had to stand) and the bar I believe was on the right hand side if you were looking in...Anyone know if that could have been 'Bootlaces'? Or does anyone have any interior 'Bootlaces' photos? I remember the pub being close to White Hart Lane station and is not 'The Bricklayers' - thanks!!

Bootlaces was a little further up the high Road, formerly known as the Chequers.

I believe it’s one of them tacky takeaways now.

Back
Top Bottom