Tottenham pubs that have closed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having finally moved to Tottenham can I just say it's remarkable how many fucking Gooner shirts I see about! All day every day, and at least twice the number of Spurs tops around town! I've always lived in North London (grew up in Enfield) but I thought the plague was just limited to around there - seems nowhere's safe!

With the size of the new stadium and the amount of bars inside, I would imagine it's likely a few more pubs in the area may well close.

With the size of the new stadium and the amount of bars inside, I would imagine it's likely a few more pubs in the area may well close.

Not sure I agree with this.. There is going to be an extra 25,000 people making their way to the stadium every other week.
Not all but a large number will want a drink before going to the ground. I can see their trade improving.

Not sure I agree with this.. There is going to be an extra 25,000 people making their way to the stadium every other week.
Not all but a large number will want a drink before going to the ground. I can see their trade improving.

I take your point however, have the pubs increased their size? Will be a nightmare to get in and get served around the ground I would imagine (wasn't the best as it was, in my experience), people will surely get pissed off with that?

I take your point however, have the pubs increased their size? Will be a nightmare to get in and get served around the ground I would imagine (wasn't the best as it was, in my experience), people will surely get pissed off with that?

A lot these days ( me included ) have a drink around a few of the main stations before heading for a last one on the way to the ground.

[

They all have limited capacity with doormen on so they will be the exact same as before

I reckon you are thinking of the Coach and Horses. Its diagonally opposite what was Bootlaces. They have tons of memoribilia in there. The owner is a season ticket holder and he used to own Bootlaces till he sold it to the deadbeats who managed to turn it into a fucking chicken shop.

The Coach has a massive beer garden too. Decent boozer for match days.

My usual haunt before a match.
Been going there pre-match for years, usually in the back garden, as one of our group likes his ciggies!
I've always liked the atmosphere in there. I think the millions of workmen have kept it going during our sojourn to Wembley. It's always pretty packed on match days, I would hate it if the Coach went under, one of the few pubs with a proper history and character.

Been going there pre-match for years, usually in the back garden, as one of our group likes his ciggies!
I've always liked the atmosphere in there. I think the millions of workmen have kept it going during our sojourn to Wembley. It's always pretty packed on match days, I would hate it if the Coach went under, one of the few pubs with a proper history and character.

Was always out the back too as I was a smoker last time Spurs played at WHL, no longer though.

The first pub I drank in was the Two Brewers it was a bit different back in the 80's. Like someone's front room..
On the walk up from seven sisters I remember these pubs that have gone
The Bull The Swan The Rose & Crown The Plough Prince Of Wales The Tottenham Liberal & Radical club ( became the strippers gaff)The Red Lion.. Sam's.. Corner Pin The White Hart(RIP).

Having finally moved to Tottenham can I just say it's remarkable how many fucking Gooner shirts I see about! All day every day, and at least twice the number of Spurs tops around town! I've always lived in North London (grew up in Enfield) but I thought the plague was just limited to around there - seems nowhere's safe!

Sadly mate the club lost a whole generation of supporters in the 90,s and 00,s. It really makes me sad when I see people wearing arse shirts in N17 but the club can also take some blame. There are no cheap tickets for locals for big games. So most people are completely priced out and just supports who has been more successful. On a more positive note my mate teaches at a school in Tottenham Hale and he told me about 60% of the kids are yids. He is a Spammer and get rinsed by his students.

What's the pub called on White Hart Lane around the corner from the station when you head towards Wood Green? I went past it a couple of months ago and it was well shut, but definitely has potential. My first instinct was to sell everything I own and buy the property, but then I realised I've got nothing to sell ;(

What's the pub called on White Hart Lane around the corner from the station when you head towards Wood Green? I went past it a couple of months ago and it was well shut, but definitely has potential. My first instinct was to sell everything I own and buy the property, but then I realised I've got nothing to sell ;(

The Railway.

Last edited:

The Railway? That was the first pub I used to drink in at Spurs when I got my season ticket back in the mid-90s.

Back
Top Bottom