Tottenham pubs that have closed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Biggest waste in N.17 at the moment.I really thought that as it hadn't been turned into flats someone was hanging on to refurb and reopen with the new stadium.That was a barn of a place and very well suited,possibly eveen for an away pub.

I haven’t been up that way for a while now. If this is still shut and no plans to knock down then yes I 100% agree it’s a chance wasted.

It’s only a few yards from the station and ideal for a pint for those using WHL station.

Like you say, a good refurb and bang you’ve got yourself a great place for a pre/post match pint.

Used to drink in the Railway, pub crawl from there to Whitehall Tavern ended up in the British Queen, generally stayed in there all match. to be fair it was mid 90s and we were dog shit

Hearing both that the Railway and the Queen will be reopening at some point before Xmas.

Bill Nic looks dead or if they don't manage to get their asking price, will open as an away pub

Used to drink in the Railway, pub crawl from there to Whitehall Tavern ended up in the British Queen, generally stayed in there all match. to be fair it was mid 90s and we were dog shit
Yep :)
I remember a game against Sunderland,or it might have been Boro,(they both talk funny) me and a few mates leaving the British Queen at half time and being back in there before the final whistle....We really were quite awful at times weren't we?

Actually, I think it might still be there...

you should get a ban for peddling such filth.

Last time i was there a couple of months ago, you'd have thought a match day was on. All the Pavels and Florins from the stadium site were queueing out the door for their delicious chlorinated free chicken pieces. The chips are pretty amazing too.

Ain’t far though is it?

Also - where to go in Tottenham for a meal out? Apart from the ok Italian San Marco (Bruce Grove) there is naff all!!
Yes, there is a dearth of decent restaurants in the area, plenty of fast food/greasy spoon establishments. Mind you, the Chinese/ fish 'n chip takeaway near the Coach & Horses do the best chips ever. It will be interesting to see what will be on offer in the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom