Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember it well... watching at home on ITV... remember when THEY used to sbow live league games??
To be honest, I'm still in shock that the game took place 30 YEARS ago next week!!!

Man I'm old!
I remember that squeaky twat cunt Emlyn Hughes whining about the result - disgusting, our performance - disgusting, everything Spurs - disgusting. Utter Wankstain, couldnt even kick the ball with his left peg. And I'm not speaking ill of the dead, just telling the truth.

I read a long time ago that he was happy to stay but that the club thought that Daines was a great prospect, even better potentially than Jennings. But yes, selling him to the Gooner scum was just ridiculous.
the club thought that Daines was a great prospect, even better potentially than Jennings.
the club thought that Daines was a great prospect, even better potentially than Jennings.

than Jennings.
than Jennings.
Jennings.

:adewtf::paulinhobored::avbfacepalm::avbshock::harrysmile::sherwoodwtf:

...how lucky we were to have MotD cameras at WHL for our 9-0 drubbing of Bristol Rovers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but showing Division Two games was very unusual at the time.
The Big Match used to show a 'high profile' Div.2 game every so often...
then again, they also used to feature a "TawpateyTeybawl" SCOTTISH game quite regularly too...
imagine??!!

I was 9 mate.Hard to take at that age
I was 8. Remember my older brother (by 5 years) letting me have it. He supported Manure because my Mum did, (Irish thing). Fortunately my old man was in my corner, he was a Lordship Lane resident in his youth. That's where my Spurs genes come from.

Didn't matter how old you were at that time, getting relegated was the worst feeling. Back then, it was the missing out of playing in the top tier and playing top teams. Nowadays, it's the financial hit that people dread.
Pat Jennings is a Spurs legend, typical gooners to try and claim him. He only left because we didn't want him. I wish he had chosen another team, mind.

More for the older forumees,but do you remember how first game of the season in the 2nd Division the programme (v Notts County)had the first team squad on the cover and Jennings was in the picture. Not sure what went on there and why they didn't use another photo to be honest.
Loved him,was gutted when he joined them.
Yes the only pictures of him in the new admiral kit..Tottenham used the same front cover of the programme a few times that season.
The first game was Sheffield United at home won 4-2 and then Notts County.

Yes the only pictures of him in the new admiral kit..Tottenham used the same front cover of the programme a few times that season.
The first game was Sheffield United at home won 4-2 and then Notts County.
Really? I just presumed NC was the first game. I know I was at the first game as me and my dad did every home game that year,as a opposed to just most like the year before. A sad time,but still a great season. Is my memory playing tricks on me again,or was the new kit a well kept secret. I'm pretty sure the first I knew of it was at the first game when we bought the programme. Long time ago mind

I was 17. I thought i was ancient on TFC.

I stopped sitting near the away fans 2 seasons back. I just can't stop getting lairy when they are near me. I don't like them in our stadium.
Even though I had my 23rd back then I always got asked my age in pubs as I looked about 15 to 16. When I can find the photo of me and my mates on the pitch at Southampton when we were promoted back up, I'll try and post it.

Back
Top Bottom