Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As it stands they´ve won fuck all though, and we still finished above them. I was told that cant happen due to their spending.

If they win the CL, does that mean Real arent spending enough and are doing it all wrong

You can be a right wum at times, Sammy but i can't help give that post a big fist-pump....

Welcome back, you git!

Thanks......and no one will admit that Kane should have been benched and Sons fine run of form continued for the sake of the team. Instead, we seem to have killed Son, and its all Trippiers fault.

...Recent update is that Sons been playing injured with injections.

Changes the landscape somewhat, although begs the question why not more Lamela/Lucas (and Dele on the bench at times) if Son was struggling too?

Gotta admit, key goals, his overall haul during the spell and the eventual 3rd place finish largely vindicates Kanes selection IMO.

(...Caveat to that being the loss to United which has other selection/performances to explore too.)

When u look at the major disruption to our entire back half ALL season and the amount of patch up players that we were leaning on by the end of the season, i think its just been a case of dragging ourselves over the line the best we could.

We succeeded.

Somewhat futile contunuing the 'Kane's Return' autopsy at this point. Draw a line; refresh for next season...

If only we could skip the post WC witch-hunt and the trf window bollocks and ffwd straight to kick off of next season.

Thanks......and no one will admit that Kane should have been benched and Sons fine run of form continued for the sake of the team. Instead, we seem to have killed Son, and its all Trippiers fault.

Ahem...
Harry Kane (atm) simply looks like a different player to the one we are used to. Yesterday his movement reminded me of an an unfit Labrador jogging between 3 people throwing a tennis ball to each other. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the 1st team at the moment. It’s like playing with 10 men.
Welcome back btw.

No I don’t think they’ve had a massively better season.

We finished above them despite them vastly outspending us....to many, like yourself, that is an impossibility in itself, yet it’s hapeened. Again.

Personally it makes no sense for you to claim a team that has spent huge sums on fees and wages is doing well to finish 4th.
You are quick to point out we dont spend like Liverpool yet not so quick to give our players credit for finishing above them.

So what if they got to the final of the CL, they’ve done well and credit to them....at the end of the day it’s a cup run, and other than City they’ve had favorable draws all the way.
If they lose, have they still had a massively better season?
You are lauding them before they’ve even played the game that will decide that.

As for Lesniak, so what? You think I’m ashamed to back young Spurs products and give them support and have hope in them?
You slate our own while you are still, weirdly cracking one off over Ross Barkley.
Your blind support of Lesniak shows your delusion. I'm vert well aware of how well we're doing, but to take the next step and challenge for the league we need to spend. Tell me when I fail to give credit to our players and manager, show me.
You think being in the cl final is just a cup run? The chl is the biggest trophy in club football, you can only beat what's put in front of you. Deluded

Still enough time in the day for 1 or 2 more or a signing if they feel like it
If I had to guess, I'd say two more:

One at 3pm, one at 5pm. There's always a chance at another if they want to go for the 7pm Americans-bored-at-work-checking-social-media special.

Nice to see Winks getting a pay bump. Touch wood, this means we're not concerned about his injury being a Wilshire-type deal.

I wonder who will be the 3pm announcement... someone 'bigger' than Winks....

Wait you think we should of dropped kane who got 6 in his last 7 games for son who has been dogshit for the past 2 months, It's not like son wasn't playing in his natural position on the left, so how did bringing kane in kill son....

Son was playing the best football of his career when he was dropped......it continued through Kanes injury, the standout games against Bournemouth and Swansea and Chelsea, where he was of course subbed off for no reason in order to rush Kane back.

Brought back for Stoke alongside Kane and we won.

Dropped completely for Kane v City, in Kanes worst performance for three years.
Kane still kept his place though for Brighton and Utd, along with Son, whos performances were now dipping as the striker he should be able to rely on was jogging around the pitch and not making any movements for his AMs.

Son started against Watford and was then effectively dropped for the last three games.

You dont see any connection with the timing of Sons form dipping, and the time he started being shunted around and subbed to play behind an unfit Kane?

If I had to guess, I'd say two more:

One at 3pm, one at 5pm. There's always a chance at another if they want to go for the 7pm Americans-bored-at-work-checking-social-media special.

Nice to see Winks getting a pay bump. Touch wood, this means we're not concerned about his injury being a Wilshire-type deal.

I wonder who will be the 3pm announcement... someone 'bigger' than Winks....
Seems like they are working their way up the pay ladder. KWP, Davinson, Winks. But that might just be me seeing things.

The one little detail that irks me is that Harry got the one of our own hashtag but Cameron, who is also one of our own did not. Does that require PL minutes or something?

Son was playing the best football of his career when he was dropped......it continued through Kanes injury, the standout games against Bournemouth and Swansea and Chelsea, where he was of course subbed off for no reason in order to rush Kane back.

Brought back for Stoke alongside Kane and we on.

Dropped completely for Kane v City, in Kanes worst performance for three years.
Kane still kept his place though for Brighton and Utd, along with Son, whos performances were no dipping as the striker he should be able to rely on was jogging around the pitch and not making any movements for his AMs.

Son started against Watford and was then effectively dropped for the last three games.

You dont see any connection with the timing of Sons form dipping, and the time he started being shunted around and subbed to play behind an unfit Kane?
I think son should take responsibility for forgetting how to play football when he was moved back to his natural position on the left, he played 1 and half games up front when kane was injured, most of his amazing performances were coming when kane was fit and he was on the left anyway. So I think it's unfair to blame kane for son's dip in form and the facts are kane's goals secured us finishing 3rd which for me was still a very good season.

Seems like they are working their way up the pay ladder. KWP, Davinson, Winks. But that might just be me seeing things.

The one little detail that irks me is that Harry got the one of our own hashtag but Cameron, who is also one of our own did not. Does that require PL minutes or something?
I think it's probably done off the back of the fans. Winksy gets that chant in matches, but like you said CCV hasn't appeared enough to receive the same treatment. Also helps that Winks is a confirmed childhood Spurs fan (is CCV? I'm genuinely uncertain).

Oh, and bear in mind that 'Harry Winks' reads as three syllables when chanting - so fits the 'Harry Kane - he's one of our own' chant very nicely.

In terms of order of announcements... I'm not too certain why KWP was on his own earlier in the week but we're getting a flurry of announcements today. Could be that they like unveiling things before the weekend for extra attention. For PR purposes, I have no doubt that they're going in ascending order of profile-size today.

The purchase of Dele is/was the very definition of what is meant by "risk".
So, by being brave and taking risks, Poch was alluding to buying more cheap young prospects like Dele in the hope they'll come good. Rather than being more competitive on wages and more adventurous in the market.
So Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 and sammyspurs sammyspurs have it nailed, while me, thousands of Spurs fans across social media, the written press, Sky tv, journalists and the rest of the football world have misread him and got it all wrong.
Good. We have nothing to worry about then. Poch is happy, Poch is king.

Perhaps slightly off topic, but seeing how we keep renewing contracts, have a look at Juventus with the total opposite:
Contracts expiring this month: Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner and Assamoah!
I know some of them are too old or aren't regulars, but losing all of that experience in one summer will hurt them!

Back
Top Bottom