Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The negativity, melting and complaining on here is embarrassing. Thank goodness most of that comes from people who don’t go to games.
Shelf side / PL corner was still a good laugh though. COYS.
Aw I dunno... there was PLENTY of moaning going on in that corner, believe me...
I had to move twice to get away from it!
Lucky there were enough empty spaces to move around unimpeded!!

Straight after the game (and against my better judgement) I looked at the BBC page and all I could see was melt cunts (supposed Spurs fans) slagging off everyone from Lamela and Sissoko to Kane.

I avoid social media as much as possible these days. It is infested by the sort of people that can only do their own shoes up if they are velcro.

we were once one of the top 4 teams in Europe
and the next season we were in the second tier competition

so what?

If they are europa league next season, because they lost in the CL and then let Chelsea past them - what then?

did they still win?

So you are saying that for club such as Tottenham and Liverpool anything less than a win in CL is failure and being one place higher in domestic league is more important? You ask "so what" - "what it means is to be at the very top". You see, we can tell years after that our club was among top 4 clubs on the whole Europe! Sounds fair bit more impressive than "our club was among 16 best teams in Europe", doesn't it?

PLEASE let's not be satsified with becoming new Woolwich whos goal is to sit on 4th and drop out in 1st round of CL every year! And being honest to Pool, they have done well in CL and being so close to final is admirable result.

P.S in my previous post I explicitly said that this is valid for those specific positions (3rd vs 4th!).

P.P.S very important 3 points today! Not the prettiest game but absolutely over the moon regarding result :) :)

I'm cold and I've got the heating on.

Fair innings mate. RIP. I’m watching the snooker with jeans and a blink 182 T shirt on. The missus has just lit a 3 pronged scented candle which gives the impression of heat and it smells nice. Vanilla and cloves I think. We haven’t had the heating on since March.

Maybe put a woolly on?

Yes it's true.

So for 4th to not be enough the following 3 things has to happen:

1) gooner scum win Europa
2) liverpool win CL
3) liverpool finish outside top 4

Would be a nice sort of justice to see Chelsea finish fourth but still miss out on CL, but having both (or either of actually) Liverpool and Woolwich winning in Europe would be pretty yuk.

Fair innings mate. RIP. I’m watching the snooker with jeans and a blink 182 T shirt on. The missus has just lit a 3 pronged scented candle which gives the impression of heat and it smells nice. Vanilla and cloves I think. We haven’t had the heating on since March.

Maybe put a woolly on?

I always thought better of you than that, Joe.

:dembelewtf:

I can't believe last week it was 25 degrees and tonight I had to dig out my winter coat, scarf, gloves and bobble hat! Bit of a tense 96 minutes. Although think we dominated, we just couldn't kill the game off. But I had a feeling it was going to that sort of game. So I am just grateful and relieved to have the three points in the bag. Tripps was my MOTM today, with Jan and Hugo not far behind. Dele was probably our best forward player, but nobody was particularly outstanding. However, don't give a flying fig for statics or criticism, tonight was all about the win -end of.

Glad Kane scored. Hugo, Trips and Vert can share MOTM. Some horror passes from moose and diet but who cares 3 points and marching on.

Home. Thank goodness the train terminated at my stop, as I was snoring away like nobody's business. I had work earlier this morning, and it occurs to me that I've been up for only slightly less than 24 hours. Lovely. In fact, I have no shame in admitting that I made a move in the 89th minute. Needed to get the best train. Anybody who takes issue with that is politely reminded that I started today in Italy.

Anyway, always worth the mission for a Spurs win though. Made my week. COYS.

Well that was quite a pleasing game to watch, thankfully, I couldn't have handled much drama in that.
Kick off was 3 am here, and waking up at that time my body acts like its rejecting life itself.
Stomach churning like I had 100 black coffees with 1 can of red bull. Had a weird buzz going on with that as well, but an unpleasant one. Felt properly rough!

Couple of sloppy bits from Dier and Dembele but thankfully Lloris back on form and stepped up to save us. (Perhaps being dropped for Utd, refocused him a bit?)
Kane looked like I how would expect a man coming back from injury, he was much better and looked fitter to me. Just slightly rusty at times but no problem at all, when he like this he is still better than most in the league.

Felt gutted Sissoko didn't score near the end, lovely movement and pass just couldn't get over it.

We looked pretty decent overall, albeit a couple of scares but closed out the game well. It was important to play better than we had done recently, whilst still getting the 3 points. Hopefully this will build confidence and we can play well to finish this season off nicely.

It does make me laugh though, commentators bleakly saying how we increased gap over chavs, does that not mean we have also reduced the gap between the dippers, you idiots?
Not a fucking peep, despite also having a game in hand.
It is like the media don't want to put any pressure on their darling dippers.

Reading these threads is getting more like RAWK every week, what a bunch of moaning tossers, sure it wasn't a 'world class' performance ... it was just a professional 2-0 win ... sorry if that annoys ....

Gotta luv the papers 'just 53,000 fans at Wembley' ... just? on a cold wet Monday? consider that's higher than Liverpool achieved for any CL game this season ... and Wembley in the cold and rain is a feckin' toilet ...

and 'Watford regret misses' .... seriously? that's a headline now .... pretty sure every team, player, fan regrets misses every week ...

and the classic 'strengthens Spurs chance of holding on to fourth' ... in reality it massively improves our chances of finishing third, but why look at the positives ...

Job done, maybe not well done, but done none the less ... 9 more points to close out another terrific season

Back
Top Bottom