Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's a good laugh to cheer everyone up

SBk4XzJ.png
No, England are right in the mix with their Championship standard goalies and converted right backs at centre half.
:eriksenlol:

Me everytime Jan nearly scores:
giphy.gif

Poor guy just can't catch a break, he deserves a goal this season too - he's been unreal.

It wasn't a pretty game but I'll take the 3 points all day long - edit: also thought Doucoure was pretty decent for them.

Last edited:
Very much enjoyed some of the comebacks a bloke at the back of 127 was giving after their fans started with the "Arsene Wenger he's won more than you" shite.

"Susan Boyle, she's won more than you" was absolute gold.

13 agrees

:harrysmile:
Hehe

Nothing and I mean nothing will ever change my mind on this clogger.

As a self proclaimed happy clapper and a defender of almost all of our players when they are dug out, I feel I can stand tall on this one, unrepentant in that I like to think I'm not a melt or a scapegoater.

Questions to be asked?
Where did Watfords attack stem from?
How many times did they attack this space?
How many 1v1's did Tripps lose?
How many headers did he win/lose?
Of the 101 crosses he flung in last night how many found a Spurs player?
Ergo, how many times did he concede possession?
How many chances did he really create?
Of the chances he did actually create, how many did Watford in return create down our right flank? Was the ratio in our favour or Watfords?

Why does one of the meanest defences in the league concede so many changes last night, all down the our right flank? *A caveat to this answer to cut Tripps some slack is that our forwards and midfield didn't press well last night and this was also a contributory factor. Son doesn't press well and Kane since his comeback from injury isn't pressing at all, this is an issue and allows oppo to play the ball without pressure.

So you are saying that for club such as Tottenham and Liverpool anything less than a win in CL is failure and being one place higher in domestic league is more important? You ask "so what" - "what it means is to be at the very top". You see, we can tell years after that our club was among top 4 clubs on the whole Europe! Sounds fair bit more impressive than "our club was among 16 best teams in Europe", doesn't it?

PLEASE let's not be satsified with becoming new Woolwich whos goal is to sit on 4th and drop out in 1st round of CL every year! And being honest to Pool, they have done well in CL and being so close to final is admirable result.

P.S in my previous post I explicitly said that this is valid for those specific positions (3rd vs 4th!).

P.P.S very important 3 points today! Not the prettiest game but absolutely over the moon regarding result :) :)
We weren't among the top four clubs in Europe, only the top 8. We only got to the quarter finals that time under Harry, not the semi finals.

And whilst I agree the scousers have done well to (probably) get to the final, they've only really played one very good side. Would be interesting to see how far they'd have got with the draws we had.

Hehe

As a self proclaimed happy clapper and a defender of almost all of our players when they are dug out, I feel I can stand tall on this one, unrepentant in that I like to think I'm not a melt or a scapegoater.

Questions to be asked?
Of the chances he did actually create, how many did Watford in return create down our right flank? Was the ratio in our favour or Watfords?

Why does one of the meanest defences in the league concede so many changes last night, all down the our right flank? *A caveat to this answer to cut Tripps some slack is that our forwards and midfield didn't press well last night and this was also a contributory factor. Son doesn't press well and Kane since his comeback from injury isn't pressing at all, this is an issue and allows oppo to play the ball without pressure.

Like Davies he is ok
Genuine and honest but neither good enough for where we want to be

But more importantly see how many agrees you get

:walker-scream:

not a pretty game but it doesnt' really matter at this stage of the season. 3 points to keep the gap with chelsea, that's all we need right now

Very much enjoyed some of the comebacks a bloke at the back of 127 was giving after their fans started with the "Arsene Wenger he's won more than you" shite.
"Susan Boyle, she's won more than you" was absolute gold.

You're welcome...

T'WAS MEEEEEEE!!!!

I was particularly pleased with Eddie the Eagle.... (though the Maggie Thatcher one missed the mark a little!!)

Im glad you enjoyed my work!!

Though I was still reeling when Son got taken off, and denied the possibility of my DELE-KANE-SON chant... alas, I may never have the chance unless they all score in THAT order in a game... still, 2 outta 3 ain't bad... though it was like watching an accumulator fall with the last race!!

(If only I knew you were in 127 alexwooty alexwooty ... would have said 'Ello!) I'd moved from 128 due to the INCESSANT droning and moaning from a coupla blokes behind me....

Piled the pressure on Liverpool and Chelsea by winning last night.

So relieved.

Not losing was critical. The win hopefully sets us up for a hard but winnable game on Saturday.

But we have bought a bit of insurance.

Best outcome for us; Liverpool and Chelsea is a draw I think.

Last edited:
You're the hero people like me need, Mrs P.
me too, I once woke up in a locked and totally switched off train in the sidings outside Colchester
I woke up because my alarm went off, 5 minutes after the train arrived, disgorged its passengers and parked up..... ho hum,

I still have no idea how I managed to escape.

Hehe

Questions to be asked?

I normally like your posts but your opinion on trippier is so wrong, I'm wondering whether you've ever watched a football match in your life!

That post was one of the dumbest I've ever read. Everyone on here is now dumber for having read it.

:dembelelol:

So... We won ugly...
It was unconvincing and unspectacular...

However... if ANY of the other 'Big Sky 4' do this, it's the hallmark of Champions!

With us, it's a sign the players hate the system, most of them will leave... followed by Poch, who is off to Man Utd if Gary Neville gets his way... not to mention that we're still bottlers when it matters!

Go figure.

The last 3 teams to win the title have all LIMPED over the line playing utterly tedious 1-0 and playing rubbish. Oh, and being applauded all the way by the fauning meeja, "Professionally closed out the match bla bla" and all that shit.

Well, time for us to win a few without setting the world alight. Tango Sierra.

I’m a fully paid up member of the ‘Oh Moussa Dembele’ fanclub but last night he was all over the place...misplaced passes, slow to see opportunities etc. Hope it’s a one off (though mindful of the Pogba incident in the SF)

Back
Top Bottom