Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we'll look back on last night in years to come and think: that was the one things changed...
We weren't trying to impress anyone, weren't trying to win any friends ...
We were JUST there to win it for us
.. In ANY manner possible.

Professional performance.. job done. Happy with that.

Sissoko on the other hand will just be relieved it wasn't still 0-0 when he did what he did towards the end!

On a par with Zakora/Zokora at Wembley in the league cup final 2008... and that didn't end too shabbily either!

I’m a fully paid up member of the ‘Oh Moussa Dembele’ fanclub but last night he was all over the place...misplaced passes, slow to see opportunities etc. Hope it’s a one off (though mindful of the Pogba incident in the SF)
I really don't think he (Or Kane) were fully fit... you could tell when he went down for about half an hour he just wanted out of the game!

me too, I once woke up in a locked and totally switched off train in the sidings outside Colchester
I woke up because my alarm went off, 5 minutes after the train arrived, disgorged its passengers and parked up..... ho hum,

I still have no idea how I managed to escape.

Did you have any clothes on?

You're welcome...

T'WAS MEEEEEEE!!!!

I was particularly pleased with Eddie the Eagle.... (though the Maggie Thatcher one missed the mark a little!!)

Im glad you enjoyed my work!!

Though I was still reeling when Son got taken off, and denied the possibility of my DELE-KANE-SON chant... alas, I may never have the chance unless they all score in THAT order in a game... still, 2 outta 3 ain't bad... though it was like watching an accumulator fall with the last race!!

(If only I knew you were in 127 alexwooty alexwooty ... would have said 'Ello!) I'd moved from 128 due to the INCESSANT droning and moaning from a coupla blokes behind me....

I moved out of 121 after 30 minutes of some 'geezer' telling the world that a) Poch had taken the club as far as he could and needed replacing and b) Levy had to 'spend big' to get some decent players in next season.
There's some right dickheads following this club atm.

I moved out of 121 after 30 minutes of some 'geezer' telling the world that a) Poch had taken the club as far as he could and needed replacing and b) Levy had to 'spend big' to get some decent players in next season.
Well maybe I'm a dickhead too. But I tend to agee with the second part (b). As do a large chunk of our fans
We're. either a big fish or we're not. And if we are we should always be looking to improve on what we have.

Last edited:
Btw is Dier contacted to do at least 1 dodgy pass leading to an opposition chance a game? And why does he ALWAYS try the Hollywood pass?
Indeed. He does give the ball away cheaply at times. I've noticed this for a few games now. Re-watched the game again and some of his passing was so casual, sloppy and on a few occasions bloody atrocious.
Like him, but he's gotta improve his passing (wonder passes against Chelsea aside)

You're welcome...

T'WAS MEEEEEEE!!!!

I was particularly pleased with Eddie the Eagle.... (though the Maggie Thatcher one missed the mark a little!!)

Im glad you enjoyed my work!!

Though I was still reeling when Son got taken off, and denied the possibility of my DELE-KANE-SON chant... alas, I may never have the chance unless they all score in THAT order in a game... still, 2 outta 3 ain't bad... though it was like watching an accumulator fall with the last race!!

(If only I knew you were in 127 alexwooty alexwooty ... would have said 'Ello!) I'd moved from 128 due to the INCESSANT droning and moaning from a coupla blokes behind me....
Ha great work! Eddie the Eagle was another good one... But you can't win' em all. If I see a guy with a scarf tied around his wrist again I'll say hi!

I’m a fully paid up member of the ‘Oh Moussa Dembele’ fanclub but last night he was all over the place...misplaced passes, slow to see opportunities etc. Hope it’s a one off (though mindful of the Pogba incident in the SF)
He was cautious and nervous last night, first time cant remember him dribble pass players or even stepping in the opposition half.

its the spend big bit that gets me.

Granit Xhaka cost 30 million, Dele Alli cost 5. Doesnt matter if they cost £1 and a commerative royal wedding teapot. Signing the right player(s) is the most important thing

Fair innings mate. RIP. I’m watching the snooker with jeans and a blink 182 T shirt on. The missus has just lit a 3 pronged scented candle which gives the impression of heat and it smells nice. Vanilla and cloves I think. We haven’t had the heating on since March.

Maybe put a woolly on?
Them cheap paraffin scented candles are toxic by the way. Anyway, you don't do any of that! You're no chav.
I'd bet you're sat in front of a blazing log fire, there in deepest Buckinghamshire, wearing your comfortable Yorkshire tweeds, quaffing 10 year old vintage port and reading the latest Country Life magazine..

its the spend big bit that gets me.

Granit Xhaka cost 30 million, Dele Alli cost 5. Doesnt matter if they cost £1 and a commerative royal wedding teapot. Signing the right player(s) is the most important thing

Sissoko cost 30 million...... I think

Back
Top Bottom