Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sometimes its better to play again immediately after a loss.

However its a 9 day break until Spurs v Watford at Wembley on Monday 30th, 8 pm kick off, which has the advantage of being able to give the players a couple of days off to get over a match that must be emotionally traumatic. Hopefully the break will allow Kane the time necessary to get him back to 100% fitness.

There is a week break after the Watford game before 3 games in a week to end the season.

So the team for Watford should be our strongest side - unless Kane isn't 100% and we rest him hoping he's fit to do the 3 games in a week....

Hopefully we can get top dollar for Rose, Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Toby, and Jan. This is the year the business model really comes to life.
Sell all those cunts and welcome NFL to London. Fucken great stuff.

How can anyone give a toss about playing Watford in 9 days, today?
Winning is enjoyable and losing isn't - I get it.
All joyous when we win-we have to learn to accept defeat. Utd is done and gone-over. Vs Watford , we need 3 points or top 4 will disappear . we will drop quicker than a brides nightie. Then Ill be more fucked off than you'll ever be.

4 wins and we're pretty likely to finish 3rd. if Liverpool drop any points at all, they have to go to the Bridge. I think it would reflect a very good season away from our home and we'd be excited about moving back home.

Days like yesterday make us all for get too quickly -

Dortmund at home
Dortmund away
Madrid home
Madrid away
United at home
Woolwich at home
Chelsea away
Juventus away
Liverpool at home
Liverpool away

we were brilliant and the better team in all 10 of these games! So sick of the bottler tag if we lose a game. only one team can win the league and one team the cup (s).

Hopefully Liverpool and Woolwich lose badly this week and will have had unsuccessful seasons and put ours a bit more into context

Winning is enjoyable and losing isn't - I get it.
All joyous when we win-we have to learn to accept defeat. Utd is done and gone-over. Vs Watford , we need 3 points or top 4 will disappear . we will drop quicker than a brides nightie. Then Ill be more fucked off than you'll ever be.

Yeah as the game draws closure I'll give more of a toss, but I said yesterday the season died for me a bit. Well today it feels like it dies a lot to be honest.

I'll get up for every game we play on match day, but nothing fills me with less joy than competing for 4th with a shit Chelsea side that will probably end this season with a cup, and who should be out of sight yet could be two points behind us today.
It was ten the other day. Finishing 4th will be ok, but its a battle that just makes me feel "so what" either way.

we'll just give up forever will we?! how long have you "supported" Tottenham? we'll lose games, all teams do. Support the team

I am supporting the team, thats why I said I dont care who he picks.....I'll support Llorente if he plays, just like I will Kane, but right now I genuinely dont give a toss which one gets the nod

4 wins and we're pretty likely to finish 3rd. if Liverpool drop any points at all, they have to go to the Bridge. I think it would reflect a very good season away from our home and we'd be excited about moving back home.

Days like yesterday make us all for get too quickly -

Dortmund at home
Dortmund away
Madrid home
Madrid away
United at home
Woolwich at home
Chelsea away
Juventus away
Liverpool at home
Liverpool away

we were brilliant and the better team in all 10 of these games! So sick of the bottler tag if we lose a game. only one team can win the league and one team the cup (s).

Hopefully Liverpool and Woolwich lose badly this week and will have had unsuccessful seasons and put ours a bit more into context
Agree totally and I thought the experience gained in these games would have stood us in good stead for yesterday but sadly not.

I think players and fans need the break for wounds to heal and to come back strongly with a good finish to the season!

How can anyone give a toss about playing Watford in 9 days, today?

Because it’s our teams next game. A game I looo forward to.

Win this and top 4 is all but confirmed, and from what I’ve seen from Spurs over the past 3 years we tend to react well to disappointment.

I’d go 3-4-2-1 in this, shake it up a little.

- Lloris -
- Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen -
- Trippier - Dembele - Dier - Davies -
- Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -​

Back
Top Bottom