Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Companies that have profited from the Nazi's absolutely, don't claim to know all of them (multiple millions have been spent by them tying to hide and erase they pasts) but have researched many, hence my limited knowledge on those already mentioned. Interestingly enough I've run a few companies that have had German offices and two of which actually promoted a list of Nazi companies for it's staff to avoid, it's what started me off.
So far as I understand, Degussa took a transparency approach when the author started researching their deep involvement in the third reich.

I find it a bit difficult to avoid unethical and criminal conpanies' products. I recently read some horrific stuff concerning ExxonMobil's murderous actions in Indonesia. Avoiding their products, for example, would be near impossible.

I don’t think the others are quite hard at all - all about your viewpoint
No I think it's actually quite complicated, even more so today as there is so much claim and counter claim. The Nazi stuff has all had 70 years to be researched, today everyone supplies each other, then say they don't and point fingers to another. Just look a whats happening right now with Cambridge Analytica and FaceBook.

No I think it's actually quite complicated, even more so today as there is so much claim and counter claim. The Nazi stuff has all had 70 years to be researched, today everyone supplies each other, then say they don't and point fingers to another. Just look a whats happening right now with Cambridge Analytica and FaceBook.
I don’t think it’s complicated at all as to what’s happened in Iraq for example.

So far as I understand, Degussa took a transparency approach when the author started researching their deep involvement in the third reich.

I find it a bit difficult to avoid unethical and criminal conpanies' products. I recently read some horrific stuff concerning ExxonMobil's murderous actions in Indonesia. Avoiding their products, for example, would be near impossible.
Yep, my 19 year old vegan nice is trying to get me to give up any oil based "things" but especially ExxonMobil (she's onto a loser for my meat and fish) but wants me to collect her from Manchester in my car, I have an Esso fuel card. lol

I don’t think it’s complicated at all as to what’s happened in Iraq for example.
Well that would be point in case. "We" waged War on Saddam Hussein because of Weapons of mass destruction, that never existed, in fact we fabricated the evidence to say that they existed. So why did we wage War? Were we the "baddies"? Did we do it for oil? Think that's probably the answer, but it's denied. What about Blair, why hasn't he been tried for war crimes?

Well that would be point in case. "We" waged War on Saddam Hussein because of Weapons of mass destruction, that never existed, in fact we fabricated the evidence to say that they existed. So why did we wage War? Were we the "baddies"? Did we do it for oil? Think that's probably the answer, but it's denied. What about Blair, why hasn't he been tried for war crimes?
Technically he did have weapons of mass destruction. But they were lame, boring chemical weapons that any jackass with a lab and a couple billion dollars could put together. Not the scary, sexy nuclear weapons with uranium from Africa that the Bush Administration claimed.

EDIT: and we waged war to take out a hostile regime with tenuous links to wahhabist terrorists that we were seriously looking for an excuse to get rid of anyway. I'm not defending it, it was a horrible waste of life, just saying the whole "it was for oil" thing is overblown

I thought that brand had been taken over by chavvy hooligans?

You see it a lot amongst our fan base now, including both hardcore and old wankers wishing they looked as cool as Poch (he wears it... and I’m one of the old wankers with a few items). It’s thanks to winning a competition through their sponsorship that I got to go to the Training Centre and meet all the players a couple of seasons ago (blatant) so I love them. But yes it is also worn by chavvy schemies in places like Glasgow where really they should be spending more on fruit and vegetables.

By the way, I just came on to this thread to see if there was an update on HK’s injury... and find an argument involving Nazis, the Iraq war, Tony Blair and Aquascutum.

Classic TFC in the international break.

:wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom