New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you tell where the match day tickets will be? Are they spread around the ground or all in one place? Are they just going to sell the match day tickets as the ones not taken up by season ticket holders and locals. I can see savvy locals being the ones not to go but sell ing them to make a profit.

Can you tell where the match day tickets will be? Are they spread around the ground or all in one place? Are they just going to sell the match day tickets as the ones not taken up by season ticket holders and locals. I can see savvy locals being the ones not to go but sell ing them to make a profit.

Match day will be the 'left-overs' same as before ... the club appear to have 'blocked' some seats not sure why that is .... if history is anything to go buy 'local' tickets are going to be very low numbers ... most of the locals who want to go are long term ST's holders, the rest can pick up tickets when they want them, as they did at WHL .....

Can anyone explain what you get for an "1882" seat in the south that is a £1000 more expensive than the seat behind?

I don't get what is beneficial in those rows.

Literally five rows up is £875

Can anyone explain what you get for an "1882" seat in the south that is a £1000 more expensive than the seat behind?

Free grub and a solitary free drink I think. Plus your name on the wall of the bar.

Give it ten years and every fucker would’ve scratched their name onto the toilet wall anyway.

You get all home domestic cup games free, you get a private lounge with free food and drink, you get a free programme ... and not forgetting you get your name on a wall ...

So somewhere between 19 and 30 games a season (this year it would have been 24 games) .... so I guess if you are allowed to eat and drink about fifteen quids worth per game it pays for itself ....

You get all home domestic cup games free, you get a private lounge with free food and drink, you get a free programme ... and not forgetting you get your name on a wall ...

So somewhere between 19 and 30 games a season (this year it would have been 24 games) .... so I guess if you are allowed to eat and drink about fifteen quids worth per game it pays for itself ....
Paid for itself? If you divide additional 5 games that works out at £100 per game!! Imagine paying £100 to watch Rochdale & Newport and West Hame in The Kangaroo cup.

Paid for itself? If you divide additional 5 games that works out at £100 per game!! Imagine paying £100 to watch Rochdale & Newport and West Hame in The Kangaroo cup.

I said elsewhere, although 1882 is not for me it might be worth it for some.
Assuming the cheapest ticket you can get in your phase is £1125, the 1882 ticket is £1075 more expensive.
If we get 5 home cup games at say £20 a pop (will probably be be less but for arguments sake) that is £100.
Your ticket is now £975 more expensive.
If the pre-match food, half time drink & free programme have a value of £20 that is worth another £480 (24 x £20).
Your ticket is now £495 more expensive.
You have the convenience of your own bar.
Whether that is worth the extra £20.62 per match (£495/24 games) is for the individual to decide.

Assuming the cheapest ticket you can get in your phase is £1125, the 1882 ticket is £1075 more expensive.
If we get 5 home cup games at say £20 a pop (will probably be be less but for arguments sake) that is £100.
If the pre-match food, half time drink & free programme have a value of £20 that is worth another £480 (24 x £20).
Whether that is worth the extra £20.62 per match (£495/24 games) is for the individual to decide.

Or, a train leaves Glasgow going south, at 56mph . . . . . . . . :troll:

Its also likely that some who are desperate to get in the South in the later phases will pay the additional just to be there as they will be the only tickets available. A grand is not that much for a lot of people.

None of it’s free if your paying an extra grand and a bit on top of the seat behind! :levyeyes:

You forgot the 'food and drink' eat 20 quids worth a game then for 25 games that's 1,000 quid ....

Worth bearing in mind that people who pay 2,200 to drink in a private lounge, tend not to have to worry about paying the 2,200 ....

Back in the day my company paid for my season tickets for 'entertaining' in reality it was just a tax free perk, would definitely have gone with the 1882 option on someone else's shilling ....

You forgot the 'food and drink' eat 20 quids worth a game then for 25 games that's 1,000 quid ....

Worth bearing in mind that people who pay 2,200 to drink in a private lounge, tend not to have to worry about paying the 2,200 ....

Back in the day my company paid for my season tickets for 'entertaining' in reality it was just a tax free perk, would definitely have gone with the 1882 option on someone else's shilling ....

Or £500......i take it your company indulged in a little, shall we say, 'creative accounting'?

:sonhmm:

With this in mind I got one or two in the West Stand freebies for entertaining and after a while I used to turn them down. I go to the game for the atmosphere (the games were all mid table teams) and it was not to my liking and would rather pay to sit in PL or Shelf, this option would be good for entertaining "showing the real Tottenham experience*".

(*but still away from the plebs)

You forgot the 'food and drink' eat 20 quids worth a game then for 25 games that's 1,000 quid .... you also forget that people who pay 2,200 to drink in a private lounge, tend not to have to worry about the 2,200 .... back in the day my company paid for my season tickets for 'entertaining' just a tax free perk in reality ....
I get that, I'm an ex-lounge member at £3k per year, the food was a bap, there was no drink other than a cuppa at half-time. The only reason I had one was a) I could afford it b) I was so busy at work it was almost impossible for me to be on-line when ticket windows opened, so I was buying snide tickets outside the ground so I hated feeding a market I despised and i was paying a fortune for these snide tickets, (when my place in the ST list came up after approx ten years of waiting I left). But the food was the same every game, the match-day programme I never read because the content is the same as available online, so I used to give mine to a kid I passed when leaving the stadium.

I see people taking these as they can afford to and the choice available to them, a cheaper ticket is not an option, these might well be the cheapest available when we get to phases 6. This isn't conducive for a harmonious relationship if we aren't winning the League, they will become bored of the baps and bored of the same bar, the same walk to and from the bar and seeing the same people in the same bar, the gloss wears off very quickly.

Last edited:
That's a £6k tax write off for BangkokSpud BangkokSpud :pochlol:
It was a tax write off for me too.

But swings and roundabouts, you don't get any Loyalty Points for being in the exec/premium/corp seats.

Also something else that has just popped into my mind that has yet to be highlighted and has been lost with all Ticketing shit and that's the Premium seats all get first dibs on away tickets, this doesn't tend to be an issues for the majority of games, but Cat A away games forget it, these are going to now be even harder to come by, if not impossible.

Does anyone know if the 1882 ticket holders get a) loyalty points (if so do they start the year off with more because their seat is at a higher price point b) If no loyalty points do they get first dibs on away allocation like the "proper" premium ticket holders?

It was a tax write off for me too.

But swings and roundabouts, you don't get any Loyalty Points for being in the exec/premium/corp seats.

Also something else that has just popped into my mind that has yet to be highlighted and has been lost with all Ticketing shit and that's the Premium seats all get first dibs on away tickets, this doesn't tend to be an issues for the majority of games, but Cat A away games forget it, these are going to now be even harder to come by, if not impossible.

Does anyone know if the 1882 ticket holders get a) loyalty points (if so do they start the year off with more because their seat is at a higher price point b) If no loyalty points do they get first dibs on away allocation like the "proper" premium ticket holders?

There are no extra LPs mentioned for 1882 & no mention of away priority. You do get a better badge though.

Back
Top Bottom