New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is the fightingcock forum not BBC

jc-newsnight-krem.jpg

They are also committed to "sell" 5k(??) to local residents to comply with the planing/section 106. I'm sure these are additional numbers and not yet included. (I'm guessing here).
The 5k for locals is classic Levy. It's not technically untrue. However, firstly they had to register their interest by a deadline last month which had nearly no publicity bar a single article on the website hidden among exclusive interviews with Donna the cleaner etc. Secondly, they only get offered once all the 42k others have been sold, meaning the seats will be either a) very expensive b) crap or c) both. Thirdly, those who are actually Tottenham fans probably had Bronze memberships and got offered an ST anyway. So it's up to 5k season tickets for fans who live in Haringey or Enfield, pay obsessive attention to the official site, have very deep pockets, and didn't want a Bronze membership. In other words, much closer to five than 5k. But it sounded like a brilliantly attractive offer to the councillors voting through our planning permission.

Good uptake on tickets in various areas. North upper pretty much untouched though.
I like the look of the north middle tier if south is a no go - one block already pretty much gone.

Someone who obviously likes heights gone right near the top of the south stand as well. Take it cheaper pricing kicks in around there.

The 5k for locals is classic Levy. It's not technically untrue. However, firstly they had to register their interest by a deadline last month which had nearly no publicity bar a single article on the website hidden among exclusive interviews with Donna the cleaner etc. Secondly, they only get offered once all the 42k others have been sold, meaning the seats will be either a) very expensive b) crap or c) both. Thirdly, those who are actually Tottenham fans probably had Bronze memberships and got offered an ST anyway. So it's up to 5k season tickets for fans who live in Haringey or Enfield, pay obsessive attention to the official site, have very deep pockets, and didn't want a Bronze membership. In other words, much closer to five than 5k. But it sounded like a brilliantly attractive offer to the councillors voting through our planning permission.

The private sector will always outwit the government on such matters, they should actually try to work with developers not force them to do things by creating red tape.

It would be lovely to have 5k allocated to all the local schools, they could workout a system of how to allocate them, maybe on rotation, so that over the cause of a season every single local kid has been to see a game, FREE. I would rather my overpriced ticket paid for this rather than wi-fi and stainless steel toilets.

It would be lovely to have 5k allocated to all the local schools, they could workout a system of how to allocate them, maybe on rotation, so that over the cause of a season every single local kid has been to see a game, FREE. I would rather my overpriced ticket paid for this rather than wi-fi and stainless steel toilets.
Even a kid who's a Spurs fan and who's Dad is an ST holder will be charged £500 to join him every season. They've got no intention of doing anything beyond the minimum for random schoolkids. The 5k was never going to be taken up and the club knew it - nothing more than a nonsense to secure permission for the build.

Got mine today Block 529. My mate booked them and sent me a text saying, "this is a fucking nightmare!"

Ended up having to phone the club who insisted the block was £920 even though the site says £1320. Rang them back later and they confirmed £1320.

I've upgraded from Lower Shelf to Upper Shelf and the funding will be a bit of a struggle, but that's what I wanted.

Can't wait to get in there. COYS!

The private sector will always outwit the government on such matters, they should actually try to work with developers not force them to do things by creating red tape.
Not sure I entirely agree. The current system is clearly broken, but I don't think just getting rid of the red tape and relying on goodwill would work either. The problem for me is our system of local government. Most people aren't aware but councillors aren't actually paid, they just get expenses (which aren't silly like MPs). That means you get a mix of retired people/the wealthy/wives of wealthy husbands willing to devote their time but with questionable experience, passionate working people who don't really have the time to do much/any research into the issues at hand, and people using it for the prestige to try and start a political career (often while also working as a researcher or staffer for an MP). Most of them either don't have the first idea about planning, development and the tricks businesses will use to get around requirements, or will simply follow a party line. They need either expert support to analyse this and advise them, or (preferably IMO) much more dedicated councillors paid a proper wage and then not allowed to have another job on the side.

Even a kid who's a Spurs fan and who's Dad is an ST holder will be charged £500 to join him every season. They've got no intention of doing anything beyond the minimum for random schoolkids. The 5k was never going to be taken up and the club knew it - nothing more than a nonsense to secure permission for the build.
You might be right, we'll just have to see how things pan out after we've all been through the sales process.

Fucking great idea.
Kids get to see games, leading to an increased fan base in the future.

For anyone doubting the incompetence of local councils, I recommend the Football London blog of Brent's decision to let us have the 90k Wembley capacity this season.

Summary: Loads of locals, community groups, business representatives etc turn up and say please please no. Wembley events clog up the transport, damage high street business, lead to people pissing everywhere etc.

Loads of councillors not on the planning committee then step up and agree with them and say how horrible the whole idea is.

Some of them then decide to demonstrate that they have no idea what's going on - one, for instance, seems to think all the matches would be in the evening like the European games from the year before.

Then the planning committee does what it's told and approves our plan in a 5-1 vote.

The objecting councillors? Whenever they're on a committee they'll tow the line while others act like they're sympathetic to the objectors.

The whole thing is a farcical arrangement where you just pay off the council leader with either money or favours (or get the local MP you're "friendly" with to do so for you), or threaten them with some catastrophic consequence, and everyone of importance falls in line.

Been waiting for a text from my contact at Spurs and finally a short message ...

Hi ..... hell off a day, here's the update you wanted ... everyone is happy that the system didn't crash we all expected it to go tits, looks like the take up on day one is higher than we anticipated although with the 'reserve' process can't be sure, I'm off tomorrow will update you again on Wednesday

Sounds like it all went well ... not sure what the expected uptake for day one was so that doesn't mean much .... as he said at least the IT worked .....

Been waiting for a text from my contact at Spurs and finally a short message ...

Hi ..... hell off a day, here's the update you wanted ... everyone is happy that the system didn't crash we all expected it to go tits, looks like the take up on day one is higher than we anticipated although with the 'reserve' process can't be sure, I'm off tomorrow will update you again on Wednesday

Sounds like it all went well ... not sure what the expected uptake for day one was so that doesn't mean much .... as he said at least the IT worked .....
Whats the view on the 1882 sales that to me is the part I feel spurs got wrong the most.

Whats the view on the 1882 sales that to me is the part I feel spurs got wrong the most.

Don't know as it's a bit of a one way conversation at the moment, will try and get him on the phone tomorrow ... in the past Spurs have had a massive over-subscribe for both hospitality and premium seats, if fans don't take the 1882 then I'm sure corporate certainly will ....

Back
Top Bottom