FA CUP 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if people will say the same when the Chavs have Wembley as their home ground for 4 seasons?

naaaaah.

The new gaff's gonna be so sweet that even the FA wil get jealous and seek to move the Cup Final there...

#LevyMasterplan

:levywhoa:

Southampton was the plum draw, no doubt. We know exactly what to expect from Man U. It will be a low block and a smother of the midfield, we've played Maureen at Chelsea and now Utd. The good thing is our lads should know what t expect too, this team is slowly maturing, the one thing that it can't be accused of is not learning from past games/experiences. As someone else said Utd will fear us more than us them.

But year you would hope having played on the pitch for almost a season should give us something.

Moreso Maureen... 3 years in a row we've mashed his shitty bus to peices at home and scared him off of playing proper football for the rest of the season.

I pray we are the club that eventually breaks him for good! :pochohshit:

Last edited:
At RedCafe, a few minutes after the SF draw, it dawns on them: Who Decided Spurs could use Wembley? :sonlol:

Some dumb 'manc' sez:

"Yeah I find it very difficult to understand why more of a fuss wasn't made about it at the time"

S'coz cunts like you were too busy mocking us saying it'll wreck our season and probably spent the first half of the season rubbing your hands together at the thought of cherry-picking our squad in the following trf windows.

More salt anyone? :allitongue:

Last edited:
Don't think Mourinho (as big of a dick as he can be) will make any mention of this 'home' advantage media-driven bollocks as he respects Spurs and Poch. However, if he was up against Chelsea (and Chelscum were playing at Wembley as their home) he would constantly moan about it just to get under his buddy Conte's skin. We'll see...

Just please Spurs get to the final for fuck's sake. Suffered enough of these semi-final heartaches to such an extent that I'm seriously considering not going...

I won't have enoug LPs so holler if you dont need that ticket, bruv! :kaneear:

:kanegoal:

Yeah and we showed during that campaign that we can piss all over both Utd and Chelsea if we apply ourselves, which we will.

Both teams are awful, tired of everyone shitting their pants. We all want the next level and then sit there praying for Leicester in the semis and Southampton in the final.

I want big games, I want our FA Cup win to make a statement and want to erase the last few years of people crapping on our club by playing both these wankers off the pitch.

I hardly think Utd are celebrating the draw do you?
Fuck them both. Turn over United and chavs on the way to a FA Cup whilst also vanquishing both of them and dippers to 2nd.

Should be a great semi final. Lots of FA cup tradition between the two sides, so I’m looking forwards to this one.

Wonder who Mourinho will play CM? Got overran last time.

Just need to get myself a ticket now......

Regardless of dressing room, stadium etc..the big advantage is as a club, we dont have to travel. Many moons ago, this would have beem at Villa Park, half way, which would be fair. The other game would have been Highbury which would give Chelsea the advantage unfair. I cant understand why we cant get back to old wasys and lose Wembley as a semi venue and nothing would be fairer?

Regardless of dressing room, stadium etc..the big advantage is as a club, we dont have to travel. Many moons ago, this would have beem at Villa Park, half way, which would be fair. The other game would have been Highbury which would give Chelsea the advantage unfair. I cant understand why we cant get back to old wasys and lose Wembley as a semi venue and nothing would be fairer?

Because Wembley holds 90,000 ... Villa Park holds 43,000 ... the FA gets a huge chunk of revenue from a game at Wembley, it gets almost nothing from a game at Villa Park ... all the FA people that matter are based in London that makes travel real easy ...

So Money and Convenience that's why .....

Using Wembley for the semis was brought in to pay for the new stadium,thats done now.Its ,as said above just the FA trying to get more money.
With the quality of stadia we have now,it could easily be moved to neutral venues.Even if clubs like their day out in London we have stadiums that could hold the semis, Emirates,NWHL, Chelsea (in a few years) and even the OS(it might make whoever its down to, sort security out properly there) .

Confident we can turn United over but still got that horrible Spurs feeling that we will get chelsea in the final and mess it all up. I despise Chelsea, but they always turn up against us and always turn us over when it matters.

Because Wembley holds 90,000 ... Villa Park holds 43,000 ... the FA gets a huge chunk of revenue from a game at Wembley, it gets almost nothing from a game at Villa Park ... all the FA people that matter are based in London that makes travel real easy ...

So Money and Convenience that's why .....
I understand, I was just making a silly point, obviously not a clear one.

What we must not do is to get sucked into this Wembely argument because soppy bollocks will turn it around to create an advantage with his stupid mind games. We've, as. supporters have jumped on it already and he hasn't even said anything.It feels as , because we have home advantage we are expected to win. We all know football doesn't play ball with facts. Utd will be up for this and more so because its us and Wembley.

**Long post alert**

Just went looking though all our semi finals we've played and saw a real random coincidence

W Spurs 4-0 West Brom. Villa Park 1901
W Spurs 2-1 PNE. Hillsborough 1921
L PNE 2-1 Spurs. Hillsborough 1922
L Blackpool 3-1 Spurs. Villa Park 1948
L Blackpool 2-1 Spurs. Villa Park 1953
L Man City 1-0 Spurs. Villa Park 1956
W Spurs 3-0 Burnley. Villa Park 1961
W Spurs 3-1 Man United. Hillsborough 1962
W Spurs 2-1 Notts Forest. Hillsborough 1967
W Spurs 2-0 Leicester City. Villa Park 1982
W Spurs 4-1 Watford. Villa Park 1987
W Spurs 3-1 Woolwich. Wembley 1991
L Asrenal 1-0 Spurs. Wembley 1993
L Everton 4-1 Spurs. Wembley 1995
L Newcastle 2-0 Spurs. Wembley 1999
L Woolwich 2-1 Spurs. Old Trafford 2001
L Portsmouth 2-0 Spurs. Wembley 2010
L Chelsea 5-1 Spurs. Wembley 2012
L Chelsea 4-2 Spurs. Wembley 2017

19 semi finals played
8 drawn as the "home" team - 8 wins
11 drawn as the "away" team - 11 losses

EDIT: Ignore the home away bollocks as alexwooty alexwooty pointed out they've listed the winner 1st, I'm off back to bed. Fucking Mondays

Last edited:
**Long post alert**

Just went looking though all our semi finals we've played and saw a real random coincidence

W Spurs 4-0 West Brom. Villa Park 1901
W Spurs 2-1 PNE. Hillsborough 1921
L PNE 2-1 Spurs. Hillsborough 1922
L Blackpool 3-1 Spurs. Villa Park 1948
L Blackpool 2-1 Spurs. Villa Park 1953
L Man City 1-0 Spurs. Villa Park 1956
W Spurs 3-0 Burnley. Villa Park 1961
W Spurs 3-1 Man United. Hillsborough 1962
W Spurs 2-1 Notts Forest. Hillsborough 1967
W Spurs 2-0 Leicester City. Villa Park 1982
W Spurs 4-1 Watford. Villa Park 1987
W Spurs 3-1 Woolwich. Wembley 1991
L Asrenal 1-0 Spurs. Wembley 1993
L Everton 4-1 Spurs. Wembley 1995
L Newcastle 2-0 Spurs. Wembley 1999
L Woolwich 2-1 Spurs. Old Trafford 2001
L Portsmouth 2-0 Spurs. Wembley 2010
L Chelsea 5-1 Spurs. Wembley 2012
L Chelsea 4-2 Spurs. Wembley 2017

19 semi finals played
8 drawn as the "home" team - 8 wins
11 drawn as the "away" team - 11 losses
So is that good are bad ?
Are we home or away this year ?
Hopefully we are home, even though we are away........Discombobulated.

Back
Top Bottom