Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luke Shaw for Danny Rose for me.....

Other than that not sure what we would change. Zaha is not happening when we just got Moura.

Toby might go, but can’t name a replacement.

N'Dombele
Watching him right now in the Marseille vs Lyon game. There's definitely a player in there but the experience difference between him and Moose is obvious. He needs to add some strength as well but the potential is definitely there. He also knows how to cross a ball so that is a plus

Luke Shaw for Danny Rose for me.....

Other than that not sure what we would change. Zaha is not happening when we just got Moura.

Toby might go, but can’t name a replacement.
Dunno about Shaw. He’s not been same since his injury, but then Poch is the man to turn it around...decent option, but I feel like we should be aiming for players who would be the best in the league. Neither of our full backs would get into a top side sadly

Mawson isn't good enough for us.

Must admit ive seen as many ropey as i have good performances from him...

Guess the question is whether or not the potential is there for him to develop into the player we'll need in time albeit with LESS game-time than he gets now....

(Bearing in mind Swans will demand a fair chunk if dosh, for me this only works if Toby leaves and we go 3CB (Sanchez / Jan / Mawson) next year.)

Luke Shaw for Danny Rose....

Been a bust at Utd under 2 diff. managers and Poch also has a less than favourable view of him (see book).... Any sense of a swap deal with United would also ensure we made minimal profit from the deal contrary to what many assume... ("Shaw + 30m" etc.).

....Yet even then the Shaw thing is STILL a thing?

I'm no computer game expert, nor watch a bazzillion games per week but im pretty sure there must be other options out there if we're shopping for a LB in the summer.

Dunno about Shaw. He’s not been same since his injury, but then Poch is the man to turn it around...decent option, but I feel like we should be aiming for players who would be the best in the league. Neither of our full backs would get into a top side sadly

Confusing notion... Question marks on both right-sided options, but Davies has been main man for a season and a half now and we're still punching amongst the big boys.... Beating many of them along the way.

I guess it depends what one considers a top quality side?

Meanwhile BUYING best in the league players isn't exactly on the immediate horizon for us... Develope them maybe but buying them is a different matter. The new stadium may help redress the financial balance against Scum, Pool and maybe Chavs if things sour further, but we'll still be fighting off the Mancs and some of the European heavyweights.

Been a bust at Utd under 2 diff. managers and Poch also has a less than favourable view of him (see book).... Any sense of a swap deal with United would also ensure we made minimal profit from the deal contrary to what many assume... ("Shaw + 30m" etc.).

....Yet even then the Shaw thing is STILL a thing?

I'm no computer game expert, nor watch a bazzillion games per week but im pretty sure there must be other options out there if we're shopping for a LB in the summer.
There are plenty of quality young left backs that could be brought in as Ben's understudy/deputy that we can improve. Tierny, Augustinsson, Bernardo at Leipzig, Max at Augsburg, Willems at Frankurt, Mendy at Lyon etc.

Heck, We know that KWP can do well at left back so we could just promote him to be Ben's second and re-invest any sale money for Rose into another position. Or if we wanna keep going to the PSG well I've read rumours that Kurzawa is on an outgoing contract with them.

Point is there are plenty of good, fairly young left backs out there that we could bring in and make better

Zaha would be terrible. I just really don’t like the cunt, I think. Reminds me so much of Ade, Ozil, and other gooner shite - play for a contract and sit on their arse. Already bottled it at United, don’t think we should be the next club to waste our time on him. Seems pre-destined to sign for the scum, honestly. Even the haircut is cunty to me.

Zaha would be terrible. I just really don’t like the cunt, I think. Reminds me so much of Ade, Ozil, and other gooner shite - play for a contract and sit on their arse. Already bottled it at United, don’t think we should be the next club to waste our time on him. Seems pre-destined to sign for the scum, honestly. Even the haircut is cunty to me.
IMO our signing of Lucas negated any need for Zaha. They fill similar roles

Funny, i had him down as Chav material.

Bambi with step-overs....

We have Lucas, mofos! :tobyarm:

Funny, i had him down as Chav material.

Bambi with step-overs....

We have Lucas, mofos! :tobyarm:
I could see chavs but just legit strikes me as a woolwich player. I can already see his cringey as fuck signing photo. The signing that gets Wenger an extension. Creepy paedo arm around the shoulder and all. Whole summer of woolwich talking about a return to dominance - followed by a group stage EL exit.

Not saying I can see the future. But I’d play 09 - 22 - 27 - 31 - 33 09 - 14 in the euromillions

and I expect my cut, cunts.

:dembelefingers:

I could see chavs but just legit strikes me as a woolwich player. I can already see his cringey as fuck signing photo. The signing that gets Wenger an extension. Creepy paedo arm around the shoulder and all. Whole summer of woolwich talking about a return to dominance - followed by a group stage EL exit.

Not saying I can see the future. But I’d play 09 - 22 - 27 - 31 - 33 09 - 14 in the euromillions

and I expect my cut, cunts.

:dembelefingers:

Tbh i hope he stays put.... Nice to see smaller teams retain their best players... Esp. when the likes of Palace regularly take points off the Gooners and the Victims.

That said if CP don't beat the drop his wages will will prove insane.

Tbh i hope he stays put.... Nice to see smaller teams retain their best players... Esp. when the likes of Palace regularly take points off the Gooners and the Victims.

That said if CP don't beat the drop his wages will will prove insane.
I honestly think he leaves this year, even if they stay up. Palace need the money to make a change - what they assembled clearly isn’t working the way they envisioned. We have better players already. He’s already bottled it at United so can’t go back there. Hasn’t been good enough to make a splash at City. Dippers have better. Hasn’t been good enough to attract continental offers. It’s chavs or woolwich for Zaha this summer.

I honestly think he leaves this year, even if they stay up. Palace need the money to make a change - what they assembled clearly isn’t working the way they envisioned. We have better players already. He’s already bottled it at United so can’t go back there. Hasn’t been good enough to make a splash at City. Dippers have better. Hasn’t been good enough to attract continental offers. It’s chavs or woolwich for Zaha this summer.

Either would amount to a 'big' step up for him but...

Mahrez to the Mutiny Club... Zaha to Leicester?

...Seems quite fitting in terms of 'levels'.

Confusing notion... Question marks on both right-sided options, but Davies has been main man for a season and a half now and we're still punching amongst the big boys.... Beating many of them along the way.

I guess it depends what one considers a top quality side?

Meanwhile BUYING best in the league players isn't exactly on the immediate horizon for us... Develope them maybe but buying them is a different matter. The new stadium may help redress the financial balance against Scum, Pool and maybe Chavs if things sour further, but we'll still be fighting off the Mancs and some of the European heavyweights.
Should have been clearer - top side being literal, i.e. one that wins the league or champions league. I don’t see Davies at that level, yet, at least.

I’m thinking like a fan I suppose, I reckon Spurs can attract the best. Who wouldn’t want to play for us? Great stadium, great manager, great looking bunch of fans, unlimited cheese and we’ll pay 1/3 as much as Mancs or Madrid...

Back
Top Bottom