Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Either would amount to a 'big' step up for him but...

Mahrez to the Mutiny Club... Zaha to Leicester?

...Seems quite fitting in terms of 'levels'.
Mahrez is a chav cunt if I’ve ever seen one. Never wanted his disgusting bleached locks in N17 either. Can’t wait to laud having Moura the greatest RW in London over the Mahrez chavs and Zaha gooners.

Davies lacks the recovery pace of Danny Rose, but has been a devastatingly good passing fullback. If we're not needing the recovery pace as much, Davies makes more sense. Of course, having the pace and the passing is best, but that is almost impossible to have.

Should have been clearer - top side being literal, i.e. one that wins the league or champions league. I don’t see Davies at that level, yet, at least.

I’m thinking like a fan I suppose, I reckon Spurs can attract the best. Who wouldn’t want to play for us? Great stadium, great manager, great looking bunch of fans, unlimited cheese and we’ll pay 1/3 as much as Mancs or Madrid...

Hehehe... :eriksenlol:

Tbh, its all about being stronger than the sum of ones parts... Best example of this being Leicester's EPL title.

....Until this year's City, you could always find weaker individuals even within prime United.

Davies lacks the recovery pace of Danny Rose, but has been a devastatingly good passing fullback. If we're not needing the recovery pace as much, Davies makes more sense. Of course, having the pace and the passing is best, but that is almost impossible to have.

I guess 4 vs 3 CBs is a key factor to your point or FB vs WB if you prefer.

Although i do believe Ben's intelligence in positioning counteracts his lesser pace... Even if it just means his smarter, less erratic game makes him easier to cover for if you're one of our CBs.

He certainly copes with pacey types better than even a season or two ago and given his age he's likely to improve further.

Keep on hearing that he's not good enough etc. but (geuine question) curious as to names of EPL LBs who have had a better last 12 months than him....

Provided nobody leaves then there is no requirement for a 'starting XI' player .... disrupting the team for what would be a very marginal improvement is pointless .... is Bale that much better than Son?

This is a great window for adding 'future' talent ... sure if a Moura offer is out there take it, but they're a bit like rockin' horse shit in the summer window ....

What we need is the next Dele, Eriksen, Dier, Trippier players who can become part of the squad, maybe not next year, and maybe not even the year after, but all in good time ....

Who are these players? no idea, let's hope our scouts are doing their stuff ......

Dunno about Shaw. He’s not been same since his injury, but then Poch is the man to turn it around...decent option, but I feel like we should be aiming for players who would be the best in the league. Neither of our full backs would get into a top side sadly
Unfortunately we can't compete for best in the league. As we have been doing, we can only go for 1. youth with potential (Davinson, Walker, Rose, Alli)
2. top player but with some recent issues (Moura, maybe Shaw)
3. 30plus top players (Llorente)

Should have been clearer - top side being literal, i.e. one that wins the league or champions league. I don’t see Davies at that level, yet, at least.

I’m thinking like a fan I suppose, I reckon Spurs can attract the best. Who wouldn’t want to play for us? Great stadium, great manager, great looking bunch of fans, unlimited cheese and we’ll pay 1/3 as much as Mancs or Madrid...
Agree on Davies and similarly Trippier. These are consistent and reliable players most of the time. But pin against the very best (with pace especially), they will suffer.

Interestingly, established top players will unlikely choose us because we can't pay. But the best young players will like to join us due to Poch.

Depending on sales, I don't even know what I want in the summer other than maybe some more youth options for depth. If opportunity arose where someone like Bale, Modric or that level player is willing to come and take a pay cut to around our top salaried players, I'd take them in. More depth or a potential player who could be a game changer and be a near auto XI start would be a good window.

Both our fullbacks are already in a top side!
*blasphemy alert*....I know we are a top side, I reckon we’re top 10 in the Europe no problem...but we need to win the fkn league or get to a CL final for it to be official as it were. Otherwise we risk becoming Brazil 82’

Probably not a popular view but I think there is some truth in the endless “Spurs need to win something” boreathon. It’s why Walker left.

We have a pretty impressive squad as it is, and we want to build both short term and long term. We want pace, we want superstars to be and we want "of the seat" players. Maybee we should go for the new Neymar, Rodrygo Goes of Santos. Sessegnon might want a pal his own age in the team and Lucas can take care of him.

The way this season has gone, I say chances are better then not that Rose and Shaw swap squads and United throws Spurs another £25m on top of it.

The way this season has gone, I say chances are better then not that Rose and Shaw swap squads and United throws Spurs another £25m on top of it.

Rose can't be sold quick enough IMHO. Once a snake, always a snake.

As strong as our squad looks now, there's always room for improvement.

Love the versatility we have in players like Son, Lucas Moura and Lamela, but i still don't think we have a real backup for Eriksen. I know Malcolm doens't check that box, but if Poch wants another versatile attacking player, i'm all for it.

Have to think Llorente won't be back and we all know Vinny can't do a job, so maybe we don't go with a direct backup for Kane next season.

The current front four of Kane, Son, Ekrisen and Alli will need reshuffle if Bale comes in. Just saying the likeliest of the lot to be replaced is Son. But like many around mentioned, due to financial burden, it is unlikely this will go through...
Why replace Son with an inferior version of the same player?

Thoughts on the possibility of maybe going for Fekir?
Not only very good back up to Erikson and Alli, he can play false 9 as well so good back up to Kane.
Maybe even a starter if Deli continues his current form. Would be expensive though!
Injury history means Levy would never go for it.

Thoughts on the possibility of maybe going for Fekir?
Not only very good back up to Erikson and Alli, he can play false 9 as well so good back up to Kane.
Maybe even a starter if Deli continues his current form. Would be expensive though!

What bollox are you talking about Alli being replaced if his current form continues? You have seen the number of assists he has to his name already, he may not be scoring as much previous, but he’s been influential elsewhere.

Now I realise you’re a scouse troll, don’t pretend to be a Spurs fan.

Every under 19 that makes a debut for Santos is labeled as the new Neymar for brazilian media. A brazilian player that would fit very well our game and could possibly be a Dembele substitute is Arthur but, unfortunately, he's been sold do Barcelona.

Back
Top Bottom