Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[QUOTE="sammyspurs, post: 1442311, member: 1046"]

I have to say Sammy, I don’t think anyone is expressing “massive offense” at your points. People just have other views and appear to be explaining them perfectly calmly. I don’t think there is much need to get wound up about it.

:dierpochhug:

Well since yesterday I've been told to "fuck off you shameless troll", you've made a funny song saying "Sammy hates Dele" and one person accused me of "twisting everything" and said it's not worth debating with me because I quoted his own words.

Yes it's all opinions, so why can't people accept mine that Dele has been poor compared to last year?
People list 100 reasons why he's not been as good and at the same time claim he has been as good.

I just find it odd. We all want to see Moura and Son, and no one wants Eriksen dropped.
But say Dele should be benched and people argue against it for five pages and then say at the end "I wouldn't be against benching Dele"

:avbshit:

Last edited:
Well since yesterday I've been told to "fuck off you shameless troll", you've made a funny song saying "Sammy hates Dele" and one person accused me of "twisting everything" and said it's. It worth debating with me because I quoted his own words.

Yes it's all opinions, so why can't people accept mine that Dele has been poor compared to last year?
People list 100 reasons why he's not been as good and at the same time claim he has been as good.

I just find it odd. We all want to see Moura and Son, and no one wants Eriksen dropped.
But say Dele should be benched and people argue against it for five pages and then say at the end "I wouldn't be against benching Dele"

Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Look at me

Well since yesterday I've been told to "fuck off you shameless troll", you've made a funny song saying "Sammy hates Dele" and one person accused me of "twisting everything" and said it's not worth debating with me because I quoted his own words.

I'd like to see Poch replacing Dele with Lamela for a game, just to see if the absence of Dele is noticable, for better or worse. Will never happen though, because as you rightly say, Poch will never drop Dele.

I'd like to see Poch replacing Dele with Lamela for a game, just to see if the absence of Dele is noticable, for better or worse. Will never happen though, because as you rightly say, Poch will never drop Dele.
He did it once, possibly in the home game against Bournemouth in not sure.
It proved to be a resurgence in his form in the following games.

Being benched when poor only benefits the team and the player in my opinion.

Not sure why we are talking about benching or dropping these players. Whilst it makes sense to keep the same CB pairing for stability reasons, our attacking players need more energy and thus get stale if they play too much. We have wanted more flexibility and when Moura is match fit we have it. Only irreplaceable players should play every match in attacking areas being at present Kane & Eriksen and we should play 2/3 of the following Son, Dele, Lamela & Moura. Those not playing should always be on the bench and will frequently appear. It will keep them fresher. Other top teams have options and at last so do we.

Jurgen's Binnman Jurgen's Binnman

You also see that some go around the thread desperately trying to take it into some pathetic off topic argument rather than debate.
Alas it doesn't work though. Thankfully most people can sensibly talk about it and stay on topic.
I certainly try to talk about it sensibly. Sorry for the jokey song, I genuinely meant it as a harmless giggle. Apologies if any offence intended. I’ll leave it as we can agree to disagree!

Not sure why we are talking about benching or dropping these players. Whilst it makes sense to keep the same CB pairing for stability reasons, our attacking players need more energy and thus get stale if they play too much. We have wanted more flexibility and when Moura is match fit we have it. Only irreplaceable players should play every match in attacking areas being at present Kane & Eriksen and we should play 2/3 of the following Son, Dele, Lamela & Moura. Those not playing should always be on the bench and will frequently appear. It will keep them fresher. Other top teams have options and at last so do we.

Agree fully with your notion of heavy CAM rotation.

I'm not sure why we've abandoned the back 3, other than Toby not being fit or maybe Poch feeling like he is short on depth in defense right now. I like the idea of rotating the CAM's heavily and evening it out by going to a back 4 only against weaker teams that bus-park. Charge the attackers with busting a lung each game, and to expect to start only every other game in most situations.

We have options but don't use them.
I'm still waiting for Son to be benched the minute Toby comes back. Either that or we whack our new 40M CB on the bench and wait for the Utd rumours to start

We have options but don't use them.
I'm still waiting for Son to be benched the minute Toby comes back. Either that or we whack our new 40M CB on the bench and wait for the Utd rumours to start
I think we do use them. We’ve fielded many different teams throughout this season. Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Dele, Sissoko, Winks, Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Lucas..... All have started games at some point this year. Yes if we want to bring Toby back in, someone will have to sit on the bench. The fact that it’s such a tough decision as to who that would be is a refreshing (and good) problem for us to have. We have a really strong and pretty deep squad right now. Yeah there will always be rumours about any players that get benched for a few games but that’s been going on for years and will never change as the media always need some bullshit click bait to publish.

Last edited:
Awkward silence

He scored and looked good when Kane went off. Played well after a poor start.

Now, imagine having nothing good to say about Dele.
Imagining finding it more important to only talk about other posters
Imagine disagreeing with a post 25 people funnied. And still thinking you have more in common with the forum.

:harrylol:

I am actually more worried about Dele's injury (groin strain) than Harry's - media not really cottoned on yet as so focused on Harry. Hope I am just being a doom and gloom merchant and it just a mild strain but way he went off holding himself not feeling confident.

Yeah I liked the fact that the interviewer at the end said a good day in the office but a shame for Kanes injury (or some what along those lines), but made no reference to Rose or Dele going off.

Yeah that was my initial thought as that he suddenly popped up with a lot of goals when Kane was out last year, hoping it will make us a little more of an unknown for coming games.

I am actually more worried about Dele's injury (groin strain) than Harry's - media not really cottoned on yet as so focused on Harry. Hope I am just being a doom and gloom merchant and it just a mild strain but way he went off holding himself not feeling confident.

I'm pretty sure that was gamesmanship - he knew he was coming off and went down injured to run the clock down, it worked as it took the intensity out of Bournemouth's play when we were looking a little shaky.

I thought Alli was brilliant yesterday, really stepped up and took responsibility when Kane went off.

I'm pretty sure that was gamesmanship - he knew he was coming off and went down injured to run the clock down, it worked as it took the intensity out of Bournemouth's play when we were looking a little shaky.

I thought Alli was brilliant yesterday, really stepped up and took responsibility when Kane went off.
Also might give Spurs the chance to say he's not coming to play in some pointless friendlies as he has bigger fish to fry...

Back
Top Bottom