Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bring it up because I'm saying he's the best player in the World at his age. I see this as hugely important.

Good shout on Sane, I will accept him into the club despite actually being 22yrs but he has for the majority of this season played when 21. Jesus can't accept as nothing consistent about him yet, he's been injured and is a sub more often than not. I'm confident he will be right up there next year though.

I accept your point on "own" standards and acknowledge it's been the mainstay of your comments, so I'll not attempt to push home too much my stance on other players and age debate, despite how relevant I personally think it might be.

tyra1.gif

Poch is spot on. Just like Micky Hazard said on the pod, Dele is a wonderful footballer.

He's outperforming legends of the game when they were his age ffs.

This is a great read

Great read and I’d agree... mischief. I do think Poch needs to temper the diving, if nothing else than he’ll miss opportunities if he’s always on his arse.

Plus, nobody dreamed of growing up and being Emile Hesky, did they?

But I love the dark arts in his game as long as he keeps it clean.

I'm pretty sure that was gamesmanship - he knew he was coming off and went down injured to run the clock down, it worked as it took the intensity out of Bournemouth's play when we were looking a little shaky.

I thought Alli was brilliant yesterday, really stepped up and took responsibility when Kane went off.
Agreed. I have a sneaking suspicion that a front 4 of Son, Eriksen, Dele, and Lamela/Moura will actually let Alli express himself more freely and could see him improve.

Not that Kane being out is a good thing, but I do see that as a silver lining.

Great read and I’d agree... mischief. I do think Poch needs to temper the diving, if nothing else than he’ll miss opportunities if he’s always on his arse.

Plus, nobody dreamed of growing up and being Emile Hesky, did they?

But I love the dark arts in his game as long as he keeps it clean.
All players dive, have done for decades, viewers of the game need to realise this. If they get caught then they get booked, if they get away with it they've achieved what they set out to do, win the game for their team at all costs.

Doesn't mean as fans we can't scream at a player that's done it to us but I applaud with gusto every single pen he's won for us, can't wait for him to win us some more.

All players dive, have done for decades, viewers of the game need to realise this. If they get caught then they get booked, if they get away with it they've achieved what they set out to do, win the game for their team at all costs.

Doesn't mean as fans we can't scream at a player that's done it to us but I applaud with gusto every single pen he's won for us, can't wait for him to win us some more.
Yeah but there’s diving and then there’s diving. He’s very close to being lumped with players like Andy Johnson in the history books.

The annoyance for me is that, as he does like winding people up, it has started to become his go to decision, where a lot of times he could probably put the team in a better position if he rode it.

Poch is spot on. Just like Micky Hazard said on the pod, Dele is a wonderful footballer.

He's outperforming legends of the game when they were his age ffs.

Can't remember who it was but some pundit on the radio made a compelling case for Deli's season earlier today... Essentially pointing out that you can't simultaneous play to exploit space whilst also being seen to be being proactive, compete for every 50-50 and combatively involved for 90ms... Add to that some big goals and assists and one can rationally conclude that talk of his decline is largely hyperbolic.

Last edited:
Yeah but there’s diving and then there’s diving. He’s very close to being lumped with players like Andy Johnson in the history books.

The annoyance for me is that, as he does like winding people up, it has started to become his go to decision, where a lot of times he could probably put the team in a better position if he rode it.
I think when you have Kane as your penalty taker, there is no better position for your team to be in. How many has he missed 2? and one of those was Southampton doing highly dodgy things to the penalty spot causing his standing foot to move the grass under the ball. It's as good as a goal.

I think when you have Kane as your penalty taker, there is no better position for your team to be in. How many has he missed 2? and one of those was Southampton doing highly dodgy things to the penalty spot causing his standing foot to move the grass under the ball. It's as good as a goal.
The point is that they dry up, and a lot of it is actually outside the area as well. He needs some intelligence about him. Also, I don’t want him to turn into a Robben or Suarez with the play acting, that stuff is bullshit.

The point is that they dry up, and a lot of it is actually outside the area as well. He needs some intelligence about him. Also, I don’t want him to turn into a Robben or Suarez with the play acting, that stuff is bullshit.
IMO he's one of our most intelligent players, the kid knows 100% what he's doing. Whether that's drawing a foul outside the box (gaining us territory, or if this also means gives our high pressers some breathing time) or initiating contact for a pen, or winding up the oppo (I laugh at the fact people actually think he is the one being wound up). I'd also love to have a Robben or a Suarez in the team.

When you say dry up you mean ref's don't give them?

Back
Top Bottom